• Total voters

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Still congress to approve it.

Although ,they weren't selling weapons in that article. Pretty obvious why he didn't link it.

It's the reason it was by-passed.

"The equipment includes fuses, charges and primers necessary to make the 155 mm shells that Israel has already purchased, work."

"Given the urgency of Israel's defensive needs, the secretary notified Congress that he had exercised his delegated authority to determine an emergency existed necessitating the immediate approval of the transfer," the department said.

I was perfectly fine with ignoring it unless someone wanted context on it. I don't get involved with these back and forth arguments that derailed the election topic at hand.

I don't like Israel at all, but it's funny they bought a bunch of ammo with no means to prime it. Lmao.
My view is there's plenty to be upset over.

You are correct that congress is expected to approve certain arms sales depending the threshold which I believe is 10mil/100mil/300mil depending on the type of arms.

That said, the rule allows potus to bypass certain arms sells to allies engaged in conflicts during the informal period. however, the house or senate amrs committee can block it and obviously they didn't and weren't going to.

And that's the entire point that some folks are missing. This is an entire American government who has made the decision at a veto proof level to support Israel.

Not only is it not a simple solution within our own government it gets even more complicated when you accept that Gaza is being run by Islamist Iranian proxy with very little regional support and Israel is run by far right zionists who are equally as adversarial just better equipped.

There needs to be systemic change across the board, but the US isn't as active in the regime change business as we were at the turn of the century so .

These groups gonna have to come to an agreement at some point. Only so much destruction left to do.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's almost as if the Gaza genocide is intertwined with the election :ohhh:

You don't get to cover your ears and pretend it's not an issue all the way to November

It's overrepresented in this thread and that's why so many people are complaining about it. I've posted the data. Other people have posted the data. Anytime the thread starts moving in a direction where it's about different issues that are affecting everyday Americans, the same 3-4 people come running in here to talk about Israel-Gaza when there's an entire thread for it...

I don't think anyone had an issue discussing it but it shouldn't be all the thread is about.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

This is also something that, as November draws ever nearer, should worry Democratic strategists. For young workers like Mr. Amaro and Mr. Leach and millions of other Americans like them who are busting their humps week in and week out trying to get ahead, the price of gas, groceries and housing is perhaps the most important factor in determining their vote. Not abortion, not Gaza, not the war in Ukraine. As long as the perception that Mr. Trump will do a better job with the economy remains unchallenged, the Democrats will pay a price at the polls, perhaps a dear one.

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

This is also something that, as November draws ever nearer, should worry Democratic strategists. For young workers like Mr. Amaro and Mr. Leach and millions of other Americans like them who are busting their humps week in and week out trying to get ahead, the price of gas, groceries and housing is perhaps the most important factor in determining their vote. Not abortion, not Gaza, not the war in Ukraine. As long as the perception that Mr. Trump will do a better job with the economy remains unchallenged, the Democrats will pay a price at the polls, perhaps a dear one.
Yeah some of my coworkers were talking about how they made more under Trump, there money went a longer way, and everything was cheaper.

Kamala’s gotta come with a counter to this perception

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah some of my coworkers were talking about how they made more under Trump, there money went a longer way, and everything was cheaper.

Kamala’s gotta come with a counter to this perception

Think she's had a good start to that, but needs to just really really hit: Prices. Wages. Housing cost. but, first prices/inflation. Over and over again.

The double bind of the Biden campaign was he was touting his record, and couldn't cleave the two issues, of his own ego/record with American's perception of the economy. My Dad talks this way too. The economy is good. And even worse, Actually, the economy is good. Condescending. That's the way Biden probably sounds to a lot of voters.

The economy is good for him, and to some extent me too. But, we aren't the voters Harris needs. This is where Democrats need to be more in touch.