WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't know why people are mad at the Uncommitted vote in a primary. It seems to be the right moment to deliver a message to the main candidate whatever the message is.

As long as people vote in the actual election, then the primary vote is a good display of democracy.

I'm not mad. Good to see people showing up to the polls or sending ballots in. My issue has been the delusional views on this, the media coverage, and the refusal to admit error. For weeks and months we've been told that Biden isn't popular, he's going to struggle in the primary, voters will reject him, and he might even outright lose. Hasan Piker and others have created an alternate reality that facts cannot penetrate. So Biden winning with 80% of the vote, and the uncommitted vote percentage barely beating the 2012 level during Obama's presidency should be a clear sign of failure for this movement. Biden is fine and rolling along. But that won't be the story this week. Instead it's gonna be that the guy who got 80% of the vote is facing adversity, whereas the guy who got less than 70% (Trump) is somehow looking "strong" and "unstoppable" in his primary. There's an obvious media bias here to hype up this story. Hence why so many reporters were sent to Dearborn and other Arab-heavy areas to cover this election.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

5 takeaways from Michigan's presidential primary results

Everyone had been watching carefully how many voters would respond to recent campaigns ― led by groups including Listen to Michigan and Our Revolution ― to get progressives and members of Michigan's large Arab American and Muslim communities to vote "uncommitted" in the Democratic primary, rather than casting a vote for Biden's re-nomination. The reason? To protest Israeli attacks on Hamas in Gaza, which have killed tens of thousands in response to Hamas' deadly assault on southern Israel in October, and the Biden administration's refusal so far to demand a cease-fire.

The results, at least numerically speaking, appeared impressive: With 98.5% of the vote tallied statewide as of 6:15 a.m., "uncommitted" won 100,960 votes statewide, far more than that option (available on all of the state's primary ballots) had received in any recent election other than 2008, when nearly 240,000 voted that way with soon-to-be President Barack Obama and former U.S. Sen. John Edwards skipped Michigan's Democratic primary because it ran afoul of national party rules for its scheduling.

As a percentage of the statewide Democratic vote, however, "uncommitted" sat at 13.3%. That's a sliver compared to Biden's 81.1% and not that far off the 11% that Obama saw when he ran for reelection in 2012, though it was higher in some counties, notably Wayne (including Detroit and Dearborn, the latter being the center of Michigan's Arab American and Muslim communities, where uncommitted actually appeared to score higher than Biden) and Washtenaw, home of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where anti-Israeli sentiment toward the fighting has run high.

Together, it leaves a lot of questions for the Biden campaign to sort out in a state he won by about 154,000 votes, or just under 3%, in 2020. The president and his allies will have to determine how many of those votes are lost to him in November and how many could return once confronted with the likelihood of Trump, who proposed banning people from some Arab and Muslim majority countries from entering the U.S. when in office, winning another term.

There is a nice figure in there for those visual learners in here that shows uncommitted ranging back to 92

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't know why people are mad at the Uncommitted vote in a primary. It seems to be the right moment to deliver a message to the main candidate whatever the message is.

As long as people vote in the actual election, then the primary vote is a good display of democracy.
People who get mad at voters for voting their mind and conscious dont like democracy. they aren’t as bombastic as the right’s anti-democracy rhetoric but they agree with it.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

I don't think anyone is mad. It happens a lot and really doesn't have much affect on presidential elections.

End of the day very few, if any of those people are going to show up in November and vote anything other than Biden.
Those A-Rabs aren’t serious.. They talkin about Gaza like Biden has absolute control of that situation and then when asked not voting for Biden is helping Trump win and the moron Arabs in Dearborn talking about well we are willing to experience short term pain lmaooo

Right so vote for a Muslim banning insurrectionist :mjlol:

@Pressure is right in that no one is mad, as most have made this clear is that they will vote for Biden over Trump, but they are saying "Biden talk to our Leaders please." and Biden WILL talk to them. But they will wish they stayed quiet because Biden will let them in on their agenda and why a ceasefire is our of their hands, and if they go, "Well why not stop funding Israel?" and then its a easy counter of "Its to stop Israel and Egypt from fighting."

Basically the called their shot, Biden will talk to them, and the community leaders will have to face the people they riled up and tell them, "Yeah, Biden isn't in charge of the Ceasefire."

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@Pressure is right in that no one is mad, as most have made this clear is that they will vote for Biden over Trump, but they are saying "Biden talk to our Leaders please." and Biden WILL talk to them. But they will wish they stayed quiet because Biden will let them in on their agenda and why a ceasefire is our of their hands, and if they go, "Well why not stop funding Israel?" and then its a easy counter of "Its to stop Israel and Egypt from fighting."

Basically the called their shot, Biden will talk to them, and the community leaders will have to face the people they riled up and tell them, "Yeah, Biden isn't in charge of the Ceasefire."
This is a terrible read 😭😭😭

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
People who get mad at voters for voting their mind and conscious dont like democracy. they aren’t as bombastic as the right’s anti-democracy rhetoric but they agree with it.
It’s simple - some people in here are generally happy with the Democratic Party. It’s strange to me of course because I don’t know anyone under 45 who is and isn’t in the minority of their friend group but it is, what it is.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It’s simple - some people in here are generally happy with the Democratic Party. It’s strange to me of course because I don’t know anyone under 45 who is and isn’t in the minority of their friend group but it is, what it is.
Politics is so broken in this country. Policies, laws, actions don’t matter. What matters is elephant or donkey.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Speak for yourself. I’m furious myself

:mad:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Speak for yourself. I’m furious myself

:mad:
I will say that I wish black people did it more. We are the most progressive people in the country. Eddie Glaude tried to make this point years ago in the Mississippi primaries and Michael Eric Dyson shut him down. When you’re dealing with essentially one party because the other side is in 1953, you have limited means of proving a point. Showing to demonstrate the power of your vote but voting uncommitted sends a message more than not voting IMO.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah if Trump gets back in office all of these protest votes will mean absolutely nothing and Palestinians will be even more screwed. At least you’ll be able to feel better about yourself

It’s hard to see how the suffering in Gaza could get worse with Trump in power.

If the Palestinian issue is your number one issue, I wouldn’t even blame you if you sat out the presidential election. What Biden is allowing Net and Yahoo to get away with is unconscionable.