WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I dont think most people on TheColi comes up with original things, at least not anymore. I figured the term was taken from Twitter but given how this website works I wouldn't be surprised if its based around some gay shyt. I'd be lying if I said I'd put real thought into it though. The centrist/progressive war has made it difficult to have real convos on here. The Shapiro topic being the prime example. 99% of people in here will tell you they dont care who Kamala's VP pick but the Shaprio convo has become a physical manifestation of the ideology conflict on this board. Its just goofy the way so many convos seem to break down into im/my side's right and you're wrong. We're all riding with Kamala no matter who she picks but its insane we can't seem to have productive convos on these topics without it seeming like someones tryna Perry Mason another poster
Yeah, good post. I mainly just detest the passive aggressiveness. Higher Learning is supposed to be the sub-forum for actual nuanced, intellectual discussions of issues, but a lot of posters are just engaging in dumbass personal feuds, refusing to defend their positions when pressed, and retreating to stupid dap-fishing circle-jerks. I'm a leftist but I have no problem with a centrist who is actually willing to have an exchange of ideas. It's very difficult to find one who is willing to engage in substantive debate and not do stupid drive-by posting.

King Kreole

Daps
if only we could de-couple the good ideas from the weird fakkitry :wow:
Tim Walz was genetically engineered in a lab to do exactly what you're asking.

Josh Shapiro's identity and background is so much more likely to stir up the issue you're talking about, because both are going to affirm the basic humanity and dignity of trans people and immigrants, but when Josh Shapiro says it, he will activate the entire far-right fascist organism who believe that this is all a Soros-backed plot by Marxist Urban Jews to replace white people. I personally don't believe we should give a single fukk what they think and there are other actually legitimate reasons Shapiro is a worse pick, but you seem to be hell-bent on making sure we kowtow to these right wing fukks and not make them nervous, so Walz should easily be your preferred candidate. The amiable white bread grandpa is much less of an issue than the young Jewish intellectual in terms of activating American bigotry.

King Kreole

Daps
you mean progressive bigotry :mjlol:
...no I mean American bigotry. Progressives have a much stronger track record of supporting the conception of America as a multi-ethnic democracy, and Jewish intellectuals are the founding fathers of much of leftist ideology. Antisemitism is more rife in the right and center than the left.