WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
You know I was talking to my neighbor (Democrat supporter. I avoid these convos like the plague unless you're a Democrat) and we all said it would be nice to go back to the days of McCain, Bush or Romney where it was just about their policy or their political position.

You could have stomached a Romney or McCain presidency. These folks are just suicide pilots.
gLrXZRK.gif

The McCain/Bush/Romney wing of the Republican party is just as bad, if not worse, than MAGA. They have more blood on their hands and their policies are what created the conditions for MAGA to emerge. The main difference is that they wear expensive suits while robbing the elderly and poor and murdering black and brown people. For all the January 6th talk, it was George Bush and his Brooks Brothers riot cronies who actually stole an election. Unlike MAGA, they went to expensive finishing schools and learned social graces, which is the only thing mainstream Liberals/Democrats really care about. Liberals don't hate MAGA because of their policies, they hate MAGA because they offend the Liberal's Sorkinian fetishization of the decorum and dignity of the American leadership class while revealing what actually lies under the mask of American exceptionalism.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know I was talking to my neighbor (Democrat supporter. I avoid these convos like the plague unless you're a Democrat) and we all said it would be nice to go back to the days of McCain, Bush or Romney where it was just about their policy or their political position.

You could have stomached a Romney or McCain presidency. These folks are just suicide pilots.

Ya as much I didn’t like Romney in 2012 I have a lot of respect for him and low key “miss” his presence.

Even Bush, who I thought was a tyrant in 2004, is a gentleman and reasonable with the gift of hindsight.

I low-key predicted it. :mjlol: Maybe Tim does have a shot. :yeshrug:Especially with the way VP Couch is going.

I’m both rooting for Tim and with some of the micro developments this weekend thinking Tim is the favorite now.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

No conservative presidency can be stomached

The policies are still regressive and anti black

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

Bro stop it. This is a big problem with Liberals. When all of those dudes ran they were called warmongers, facist, racist, etc, etc, etc. Now you wanna look back like those were the good old days. Stop rehabilitating these politicians. I’m not gonna sit around and revise history for a bunch of neocons

The same thing happened with people like Nixon and Reagan when Bush 2 got elected. You had liberals reminiscing about them.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Bro stop it. This is a big problem with Liberals. When all of those dudes ran they were called warmongers, facist, racist, etc, etc, etc. Now you wanna look back like those were the good old days. Stop rehabilitating these politicians. I’m not gonna sit around and revise history for a bunch of neocons

The same thing happened with people like Nixon and Reagan when Bush 2 got elected. You had liberals reminiscing about them.

I would settle any day for that over MAGA. The freak show stayed on the sidelines during that era.

No one is sanctifying them. It beats this

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

The funny thing is that back in 2012, I was dreading a Mitt Romney presidency. Trump shifted the scope of everything. Crazy.

A Republican being president is bad, but a Trump-style Republican is catastrophic.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Ya as much I didn’t like Romney in 2012 I have a lot of respect for him and low key “miss” his presence.

Even Bush, who I thought was a tyrant in 2004, is a gentleman and reasonable with the gift of hindsight.
:wtf:

Bush stole the 2000 election, then started a completely bullshyt war that murdered hundreds of thousands of civilians and hypercharged the Patriot Act era of domestic surveillance while midwifing the global financial crisis and Great Recession. I don't know what your definition of "gentleman" or "reasonable" are, but he's nowhere near my definition.

Romney was a rapacious capitalist who made a fortune by manufacturing the economic and social conditions that led to MAGA. He was an anti-democratic plutocrat who deserves zero respect.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf:

Bush stole the 2000 election, then started a completely bullshyt war that murdered hundreds of thousands of civilians and hypercharged the Patriot Act era of domestic surveillance while midwifing the global financial crisis and Great Recession. I don't know what your definition of "gentleman" or "reasonable" are, but he's nowhere near my definition.

Romney was a rapacious capitalist who made a fortune by manufacturing the economic and social conditions that led to MAGA. He was an anti-democratic plutocrat who deserves zero respect.

Ya I hear ya. Trump has set the bar so low that these guys don't disgust me as much as they used to. I mean that as a surface level thing, not diving deep into their policy/ history.

And they both have publicly condemned Trump and gone against the party line doing it. They are demonstrating reason/being reasonable

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
gLrXZRK.gif

The McCain/Bush/Romney wing of the Republican party is just as bad, if not worse, than MAGA. They have more blood on their hands and their policies are what created the conditions for MAGA to emerge. The main difference is that they wear expensive suits while robbing the elderly and poor and murdering black and brown people. For all the January 6th talk, it was George Bush and his Brooks Brothers riot cronies who actually stole an election. Unlike MAGA, they went to expensive finishing schools and learned social graces, which is the only thing mainstream Liberals/Democrats really care about. Liberals don't hate MAGA because of their policies, they hate MAGA because they offend the Liberal's Sorkinian fetishization of the decorum and dignity of the American leadership class while revealing what actually lies under the mask of American exceptionalism.
That’s what the spectrum moving to the right looks like. People in this thread saying Hogan is okay even tho he had Baltimore City kids sit in freezing schools in the winter.

George Bush stole an election and destroyed the Middle East and that’s fine. Mitt Romney was one of the start of the Private Equity destruction of America, and they are now okay.

It shows the lack of any political education most people have—having an understanding of how voters vote based on what the media tells you is not political education—and how far right things have moved.