WHO WINS?

• Total voters

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You still halfway pretending to be American?
Whether they have useful idiots like some of our Allstars who have created the popular offshoot horseshoe gang, or just run of the mill idiots who were spreading Trump propaganda like him just a few years ago, the powers that be definitely have it easy these days

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Breh they waited until 2024 to prosecute this muthafukka. These cases should have been held in 2021 or 2022 at the latest.

That’s why “vote for us because only we can protect you from the barbarians at the gate” rings so hallow now. And I know these are different jurisdictions and I appreciate the legal process nuances, but come on.
I can only speak to NY but they were gathering that information for a minute to be bulletproof and then you go through motions, discovery, etc. Nothing that began in 2021 was going to trial before late 2022 in the most perfect world.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You’re starting to sound like a QAnon dude. Are the polls a psyop? Did you seriously ask that question? How about you do the most rudimentary of research and check the methodology of each poll cited and determine on your own if it is a credible measuring stick instead of thinking Russia is manipulating the polls 😭.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to look at all those undecided young people votes and realize it’s people who don’t want to be associated with Biden for Gaza or other reasons that would otherwise vote for democrats like they did in all the special elections (and most of whom will vote for Biden anyway). The bigger problem is if they’re moving like that it usually signals a turnout problem. All these years or disagreeing with right wing polls like Rasmussen - you guys never learned to look at their methodology? All of those “upsets” you guys are talking about involved places that aren’t publicly polled very well historically and where Dems knew where they had to get specific turnout numbers to win. It isn’t about any poll being right or wrong - it’s about asking educated questions and having educated opinions. Most pollsters have tried to adjust since 2022, you’re free to see if their tweaks made sense to you. Putting your head in the sand isn’t being wise or a “pragmatic” stance. You are resigning yourself “we’ll see TLDR.”
Republicans made deals with Vietnam to get LBJ out the paint. Republicans made deals with Iran to get Carter out the paint. Republicans did Iran Contra. Republicans stole Florida in 2000. Republicans made deals with Russians to get Hillary out the paint.

Now you’re saying “nah the Republicans won’t do that”. The polls are +30 plus republican. In 2022 the democrats had a +37 advantage in turnout.

:childplease: End of the day your defending Cac Mamba not answering my question but posting an unrelated tweet.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what primary :mjlol: if kamala steps in for biden due to his age, you think the DNC is gonna primary her?

The "DNC" doesn't primary candidates, politicians do.

Way back I mentioned that the only path for her to ever succeed Biden is if his presidency was a huge success and she inherited all of the goodwill etc. Also she had to carve out her own constituency and led important priorities in the administration.

Most of that hasn't happened and so she doesn't have the loyalty from the party or a base of support among voters.

Nobody is keeping their own ambitions in check for her benefit.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The "DNC" doesn't primary candidates, politicians do.

Way back I mentioned that the only path for her to ever succeed Biden is if his presidency was a huge success and she inherited all of the goodwill etc. Also she had to carve out her own constituency and led important priorities in the administration.

Most of that hasn't happened and so she doesn't have the loyalty from the party or a base of support among voters.

Nobody is keeping their own ambitions in check for her benefit.

They hamstrung Kamala because her ability to string together sentences would overshadow Biden.

It’s Nasty work……for Kamala and all of us who voted for the ticket.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
It’s much simpler - no one wants to be the person who’s sentenced a person running for president during an election year. And Trump is going to appeal whatever decision any way. The legal process isn’t fast, no one was sitting on their hands.
They are likely going to push it beyond the election. There is nothing gained by sentencing him before.

Trump campaign is about to spend in the battleground states. Biden has had the airwaves to himself for months.

This may be the kill shot.

Trump is limited where he can spend because Biden bought those ad spots months ago. Outside of conservative media Trump is shut out.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:huhldup: you think Kamala beats Trump in GA and PA?

i think she loses a whole lot of Fetterman bros to Trump. and all those GA republicans who left it blank in 2020, make sure not to do that again :mjpls:

I think she wins PA. People keep overlooking the problems on the ground for Trump there (and in MI and WI). Dems control the governor office, secretary state, and legislature. There will be no election day fukkery, no polls being closed early, no ballots being randomly tossed out in black districts, etc. Each state also has generous early voting options. And given the jarring advantage dems have on the ground compared to Trump having next to no field offices in those states...and the fact that he is currently employing a fraudster (Charlie Kirk) to run his ground game for the election...I'm sorry, I can't just assume he wins any of those states.

The debate fiasco has not changed the fact that Trump is largely running a scam campaign, funneling campaign money directly towards his legal fees, isn't spending much on TV right now, and virtually all the fall ad schedule has already been bought up by Biden's campaign.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks

Fascism and Fear

The Moment, The Media, The Election​

Timothy Snyder
Mainstream media have treated President Biden with prejudice and arrogance. Quite a few Democrats, reacting to this, treat any mention of President Biden’s fitness as disloyalty. This is mistaken, if understandable.

One source of the negative energy is Trump’s fascism. Focusing on it will not answer the question of what Democrats do, but will help us to understand the context in which the discussion is taking place. By fascism I just have in mind (1) the cult of personality of a Leader: (2) the party that becomes a single party; (3) the threat and use of violence; and (4) the big lie that must be accepted and used to reshape reality: in this case, that Trump can never lose an election.

Much more could be said (as I have done elsewhere), but it is the official big lie and the threats of violence that are dangerous to those whose job is to report truth. Trump is on the record as regarding reports as enemies of the people. What should I make — a journalist might ask — of Trump’s talk of arresting journalists? When not confronted, such questions become self-realizing fears.

That’s the subtle version. Meanwhile, those higher up in corporations might like the ratings Trump brings, or like Trump himself. And so it is easiest to keep things personal — give Trump time, on the self-deluding logic that he will discredit himself, and focus on Biden’s age rather than his achievements. For reporters it can feel like the work is being done when only Biden is at the receiving end of criticism — whereas, in fact, the ground has been shifted by fascism, or by the inability to confront it.

And so fascism spreads and settles in our minds during this, the crucial period between Trump’s first coup attempt and his second. The Biden administration is being held to standards, while the previous Trump administration is not; and Biden personally is being held to standards, while Trump as a person is not. This helps to generate a fascist aura. There must be something special about Trump such that he is different from others: a Leader beyond criticism rather than just an indebted hack or a felon from Queens or a client of a Russian dictator.

It should seem odd that media calls to step down were not first directed to Trump. If we are calling for Biden to step aside because someone must stop Trump from bringing down the republic, then surely it would have made more sense to first call for Trump to step aside? (The Philadelphia Inquirer did). I know the counter-arguments: his people wouldn’t have cared, and he wouldn’t have listened. The first misses an important point. There are quite a few Americans who have not made up their minds. The second amounts to obeying in advance. If you accept that a fascist is beyond your reach, you have normalized your submission.

When media folks describe discussions among Democrats as chaos and disarray, they are implicitly suggesting that it is better for a leader of a party to never be questioned. (Why, after all, is being part of an array a good thing?) An obvious point goes missed: Democrats can say what they want, because none of them is afraid. And that is good! Governor Maura Healey can express her dissent and Joe Biden can express his frustration with her — but no one is worried about her physical safety.

Trump, by contrast, controls his party through stochastic terror, threats issued through social media that his cult followers can be expected to realize. Republicans leave politics because they fear for themselves and their families. Those who remain all obey in advance. That is new, and it should not be normal, and it should not spread any further. But it becomes normal when we treat discussions, and not coercion, as abnormal.

If I am right that much of the energy behind the Biden pile-on is displaced fear of a regime change, much of the media will continue to generate fascist froth for Trump, whether or not Biden is the Democratic nominee — unless, of course, journalists confront their fears, and keep the issue of regime change inside the story, and provide a constructive alternative alongside personal criticism.

There are three tests of good faith for those who are proposing that President Biden step down. The first is recognition that Biden’s first term has been one of extraordinary achievement. The second is a plan for what the Democrats would do, should Biden withdraw, to select a nominee and win the election. The third is recognition that the threat of regime change is what might justify changing the nominee.

I don’t want to dodge the issue of President Biden’s candidacy — I will have something to say about that. But I found I could only enter the discussion after saying a word about how it has been warped — by fascism and fear.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While I don’t think the other candidates have a better shot to win then Biden this is the first time where at this point I think Biden might have to step down because this is gonna be the only topic from now to Election Day

Even Trump saying stupid sh1t isn’t gonna knock this off the front page. He’d have to do something catastrophic

At least someone else running gives negative stuff about Trump some daylight

Right now nothing is sticking to Trump.

What’s happening now would be the equivalent of if foxnews and newsmax was also destroying Trump everyday and saying he should leave

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Trump campaign is about to spend in the battleground states. Biden has had the airwaves to himself for months.

This may be the kill shot.

Biden been blitzing those states.. Trump campaign got no bread but you in here with the bullshyt about a kill shot..

I dont know how mofos in here take you serious

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
While I don’t think the other candidates have a better shot to win then Biden this is the first time where at this point I think Biden might have to step down because this is gonna be the only topic from now to Election Day

Even Trump saying stupid sh1t isn’t gonna knock this off the front page. He’d have to do something catastrophic

At least someone else running gives negative stuff about Trump some daylight

Right now nothing is sticking to Trump
Someone else runs and the topic changes to “Democrats in Chaos” or “Does the other democrat deserve to be the nominee they didn’t win the primary?”.

I don’t think there is a scenario where the news and media is kind to democrats

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

:jbhmm:

Biden been blitzing those states.. Trump campaign got no bread but you in here with the bullshyt about a kill shot..

I dont know how mofos in here take you serious
Trump has bread now. Go look at how much cash on hand he has now.

Adelson is booking ads in those states. In exchange for West Bank annexation.

It’s happening.