WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
We're in tough times :francis: We don't have perfect option money right now :francis:
Perfect option money is having the luxury of nominating a sundowning octogenarian who has lost the support of a significant portion of his caucus and cannot execute a full campaign schedule. That’s the type of thing you do as a dying wish favor to that geriatric, not in the face of alleged existential calamity to the whole nation.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I don't doubt all of this, but where I disagree with you... is that in 2016 we didn't have an understanding of what Trump would fully do...

Now it's 2024, and everyone knows what Trump will do... there is no mystery... we are talking about National Ban on Abortion, Pregnancy Passports, Ban on Condoms/Birth Control/IVF, End of ACA/Obamacare, End of Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid.

So for Dems who don't like Biden, this isn't a Biden is good/bad, Biden is senile, etc. for them; they are voting against Trump. Dems are going to vote Biden no matter what, because they don't want Trump in White House. It's why the Debate doesn't matter, they will vote for Biden, because they know what a Trump presidency will do even if they don't like Biden themselves.
Breh, I was thinking this until a week ago. There is a loud voice of dissention in the rank and file of the Democrats and they are loud. If people consistently go out to tell any and everybody that will listen that Biden can't win, they will suppress the vote because people will stay home. It becomes self-fulfilling. If there was a unified voice that was definitive in nature, maybe he could have held this together. I think it is foolish to say that his chance for re-election isn't anything but in tatters right now. I know the polling sucks, but all of it? That is a bridge too far for a lot of us to believe. We have a president that can't barnstorm the country now like he needs to. He was spoon-fed questions that got someone fired a few days ago. Everything that is necessary to do, he either can't nor won't do it. I'm not pretending to know what the recourse is either but Trump's rabid base is the equalizer. It's easy to go against random (R) in an election but not when it's Trump (R). All conventional rules go out of the window with him for whatever reason. Biden is simply not going to win when half of his party is shouting from the rooftops that he can't govern in the shape he is in. This toothpaste is out of the tube breh and everyone is in freak out mode. Again, I don't know what the recourse is and I know I'm going back on what I said just yesterday but you have to change the narrative now. Every day till either another debate or the election, it's going to be a drip feed of info about Sleepy Joe, bad polls, Democratic infighting. The media has made up their mind to bury this man alive in print. I'm going to always go to the polls and be straight Democrat because that's how I'm built but how many are going to be like that? Some will be repulsed by the mere mention of another Trump presidency but how many people can you realistically count on given what we are witnessing? I don't put that much stock into the American public to do what I feel is right given what is taking place in front of our very eyes. Most of us were already voting for him because he isn't Trump. He has not grasped and inspired the public by what he is, it's all about what he isn't.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Isnt Trump still waiting to be sentenced for 24 Felonies? :dwillhuh:

Why are people losing their shyt over these early(likely inaccurate)polls.

And how does the logic work that people won’t vote for Joe cause he’s old and he may die/be unable to do the job in which case Kamala would take over, so let’s replace him with Kamala now :mindblown:

Media and social media rotting people’s brains. I feel like i’m watching a whole different movie :lupe:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
It was easy for them to say Kamala would be President if Biden had issues back in 2020 but, now that it's looking like a certainty, the ruse is up :skip:

This attack job is about them not wanting Kamala. If Gavin Newsome was VP, nobody would be saying shyt.
iu

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Him calling out the methodology on one poll doesn't speak for all polls btw... The man wrote a book on statistical inference, so I'm pretty sure he's not camp "all polls can't be trusted"

Personally, I look @ FiveThirtyEight which averages across polls and gives weighting based on historical accuracies of polling companies.

They suggest that the gap between Biden and Trump has widened post-debate:
To be fair, Silver isn’t with 538 anymore and he kept his algorithm when he left. I don’t know how that fits into them weighting the averages of other polls, which isn’t a new concept but their own polls aren’t based on how Nate aggregates data - which is how they got their name.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You found a random tweet, on a whole different statistical topic, to counter what is clearly a polling mistake heavily favoring republicans.

That is a suspicious response.

Honestly it’s interesting because I never thought he would lose Pennsylvania and this might explain why.
You’re starting to sound like a QAnon dude. Are the polls a psyop? Did you seriously ask that question? How about you do the most rudimentary of research and check the methodology of each poll cited and determine on your own if it is a credible measuring stick instead of thinking Russia is manipulating the polls 😭.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to look at all those undecided young people votes and realize it’s people who don’t want to be associated with Biden for Gaza or other reasons that would otherwise vote for democrats like they did in all the special elections (and most of whom will vote for Biden anyway). The bigger problem is if they’re moving like that it usually signals a turnout problem. All these years or disagreeing with right wing polls like Rasmussen - you guys never learned to look at their methodology? All of those “upsets” you guys are talking about involved places that aren’t publicly polled very well historically and where Dems knew where they had to get specific turnout numbers to win. It isn’t about any poll being right or wrong - it’s about asking educated questions and having educated opinions. Most pollsters have tried to adjust since 2022, you’re free to see if their tweaks made sense to you. Putting your head in the sand isn’t being wise or a “pragmatic” stance. You are resigning yourself “we’ll see TLDR.”

Last edited:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I really hope you're right...
We haven't heard from swing voters in any major way. These little 1000 person polls, if you're lucky, polled 80 of them. And then with all the technological abuse these days it's much more likely folks polled are saying any old thing to skew its results(this is my theory as to why they have been so wrong for the past few years). The media obsesses over polls because they constantly need something to obsess over to stay relevent and they know it. Polls. Latest Trump antic. Biden's debate performance. They are the original troll at this point.

I'm 95% sure Democrats keep the White House. The gop is literally making it too easy. Beyond too easy, really.

But hey! Polls!

It's been a long time since 2016. That ptsd? We gotta work on that. I'm with you. I had it. But looks like many are still clinging to it. We literally sent this guy packing in 2020 as an incumbent. Think about that for a minute. We'll do it again.

As far as hl and tlr? A lot of blackfishing in this place. They'll post certain stuff(as a thread) to try and 'fit in' and then turn around be blatantly maga in threads about trump. Then paint it as concern trolling or free thinking. It's hilarious to see.

Its disturbing how much the media is focusing on Biden's age instead of Trump and Project 2025. I get it. Biden's age is a real concern but I think they may be overdoing it at this point.
Many on the Hill are seeing they overreacted. Biden has never been known for his rhetorical skills. He's more of a strategist, honestly. :sas2:

Read Woodward's book about Obama's presidency if you wanna know what I'm talking about in detail.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isnt Trump still waiting to be sentenced for 24 Felonies? :dwillhuh:

Why are people losing their shyt over these early(likely inaccurate)polls.

And how does the logic work that people won’t vote for Joe cause he’s old and he may die/be unable to do the job in which case Kamala would take over, so let’s replace him with Kamala now :mindblown:

Media and social media rotting people’s brains. I feel like i’m watching a whole different movie :lupe:

The sentencing was pushed back to September and I think that date will be pushed back to after the election too. This is because all the jurisdictions waited till an election year to prosecute old easily provable crimes. I wonder why?

I’m not prone to conspiracy theories, but it seems one of these scenarios is true 1) Dems never thought this man is the threat the threat they claim 2)they made the calculated decision to keep him around for fear mongering purposes or 3) they are just p*ssy. It’s probably the latter, but it’s all nauseating when they now demand that the people vote for them again in order to eliminate the threat. It’s nauseating and hilarious at the same time.

Don the con ain’t the only conman in D.C.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The sentencing was pushed back to September and I think that date will be pushed back to after the election too. This is because all the jurisdictions waited till an election year to prosecute old easily provable crimes. I wonder why?

I’m not prone to conspiracy theories, but it seems one of these scenarios is true 1) Dems never thought this man is the threat the threat they claim 2)they made the calculated decision to keep him around for fear mongering purposes or 3) they are just p*ssy. It’s probably the latter, but it’s all nauseating when they now demand that the people vote for them again in order to eliminate the threat. It’s nauseating and hilarious at the same time.

Don the con ain’t the only conman in D.C.
It’s much simpler - no one wants to be the person who’s sentenced a person running for president during an election year. And Trump is going to appeal whatever decision any way. The legal process isn’t fast, no one was sitting on their hands.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s much simpler - no one wants to be the person who’s sentenced a person running for president during an election year. And Trump is going to appeal whatever decision any way. The legal process isn’t fast, no one was sitting on their hands.

Breh they waited until 2024 to prosecute this muthafukka. These cases should have been held in 2021 or 2022 at the latest.

That’s why “vote for us because only we can protect you from the barbarians at the gate” rings so hallow now. And I know these are different jurisdictions and I appreciate the legal process nuances, but come on.