Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

full

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Trump Said Joan Rivers Voted For Him in 2016, She Died in 2014​

Joan Rivers' fans were not happy

Donald Trump told Variety Co-Editor-in-Chief Ramin Setoodeh who interviewed the disgraced ex-President several times for his Book, Apprentice in Wonderland: How Donald Trump and Mark Burnett Took America Through the Looking Glass, that comedian and talk-show host Joan Rivers voted for him in 2016, despite the fact that Rivers died in 2014.

"He confidently told me and declared that Joan Rivers voted for him when he ran for President, and Joan Rivers died in 2014, so she would not have been able to vote for Donald Trump," Setoodeh told CNN's Kaitlin Collins.

Rivers had been a contestant on the 2009 season of Trump's Celebrity Apprentice. Trump says in the book that he thought Rivers "might have been a Republican."

"I know one thing: she voted for me, according to what she said," Trump claimed.

The comments set off a deluge with several Rivers fans expressing outrage that Trump would suggest he had her support in comments on a clip posted by MeidasTouch Senior Digital Editor Acyn.

"He had a better chance saying E Jean Caroll voted for him," wrote @troopperSD7

"I'm surprised Joan Rivers didn't come back from the dead to dispute that foul slur," said @LawAndPolitics3.