Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Selzer is one of the best in the business

If he’s down THAT much in Iowa then he’s fried in Wisconsin
Exactly. She’s a great pollster. This isn’t a junk thing.

Iowa isn’t a swing state and RFK makes a bigger impact in a state like Iowa than Trump getting more support

And who the fukk is Oliver?
Oliver is the Libertarian candidate

Iowa isn’t a swing state but it’s a bellweather for how the rest of the Midwest will swing.

So Minnesota is probably more competitive than we think.

This is bad.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Exactly. She’s a great pollster. This isn’t a junk thing.

Oliver is the Libertarian candidate

Iowa isn’t a swing state but it’s a bellweather for how the rest of the Midwest will swing.

So Minnesota is probably more competitive than we think.

This is bad.
How so? Iowa has a different racial make up than the actual swing Midwest states

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@MushroomX you might as well stay home big dog. It’s over.
You guys are being a little too cavalier about this and @FAH1223 is just being real. I’m no longer directly involved but all the people I know actually working on the Biden campaign and who are tasked with outreach are genuinely worried. Especially everyone responsible for outreach in all the must have purple-ish states. They are particularly concerned about youth turnout.

I was having this convo yesterday and telling them I’m confused because on one hand, young people turned out in record numbers on a lot of these mid term and local elections after Roe v. Wade got dialed back and at the same time there’s this concern that they won’t turn out for Biden. It seems like the best bet is to make the election less about candidates and more about specific issues. It just reminds me of when Axelrod said there are limitations to how much you can sell a candidate. But Biden just seems like he’s being blamed for inflation from my vantage point - fair or not.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys are being a little too cavalier about this and @FAH1223 is just being real. I’m no longer directly involved but all the people I know actually working on the Biden campaign and who are tasked with outreach are genuinely worried. Especially everyone responsible for outreach in all the must have purple-ish states. They are particularly concerned about youth turnout.

I was having this convo yesterday and telling them I’m confused because on one hand, young people turned out in record numbers on a lot of these mid term and local elections after Roe v. Wade got dialed back and at the same time there’s this concern that they won’t turn out for Biden. It seems like the best bet is to make the election less about candidates and more about specific issues. It just reminds me of when Axelrod said there are limitations to how much you can sell a candidate. But Biden just seems like he’s being blamed for inflation from my vantage point - fair or not.

The one saving grace and hope is Trump is such a disaster that some of the less then enthusiastic young voters will turn out just to keep this dude from being president one more time

That’s a tough thing to rely on but i don’t think its an impossible feat considering how bad Trump is

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
The fact that Biden is losing by 18 in a state he lost by only 8 is worrying.

It means the national polls showing Trump ahead aren't aberrations. He is polling the strongest he ever has.
I think bidens just not a great candidate and the worst one dems could have chosen. We been seeing similar polls for two years now, the general enthusiasm around re-electing biden is very low.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

This is the alternative to Biden.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I think bidens just not a great candidate and the worst one dems could have chosen. We been seeing similar polls for two years now, the general enthusiasm around re-electing biden is very low.
Dem voters chose Biden. And to be honest he's followed through with much of his campaign problems. If they had an issue with him being old then that's on them because he was old in 2020. :manny:

If Americans decide they want Trump and his facism that's a choice they made as well. :manny:

If people can't be bothered to engage in democracy we don't need to make excuses for them when democracy doesn't make them enthusiasm vibes. :manny:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Dem voters chose Biden. And to be honest he's followed through with much of his campaign problems. If they had an issue with him being old then that's on them because he was old in 2020. :manny:

If Americans decide they want Trump and his facism that's a choice they made as well. :manny:

If people can't be bothered to engage in democracy we don't need to make excuses for them when democracy doesn't make them enthusiasm vibes. :manny:
They chose him in 2020, they didn't have a choice between candidates in 2024. fukk all the geopolitical stuff, we knew biden was a toxic candidate for 2 years now. We knew for the last 2 years that general America( his fault or not )has blamed him for the economy ( inflation rates prices etc) . Biden should have been forced to step down due to that and age, no one would have cared. Democratic party is extremely popular right now, bidens just a bad candidate.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Biden never had enthusiasm even in 2020.

It’s always been fukk Trump

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They chose him in 2020, they didn't have a choice between candidates in 2024. fukk all the geopolitical stuff, we knew biden was a toxic candidate for 2 years now. We knew for the last 2 years that general America( his fault or not )has blamed him for the economy ( inflation rates prices etc) . Biden should have been forced to step down due to that and age, no one would have cared. Democratic party is extremely popular right now, bidens just a bad candidate.
The democratic party isn't extremely popular though. We're currently in one of the most polarizing periods in American politics.

And I hate to tell you this, but if pekple's concern is inflation I can assure you it won't matter who the Dem candidate is.

The rest of it isn't steeped in reality. Biden ran on and has been the most progressive president since FDR.

If his popularity isn't tied to his age, well, then that suggests dems have a bigger issue with their current platform and that isn't specific to Joe Biden.