WHO WINS?

• Total voters

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I'm highly confident with the Midwest Iornwall. She campaigned hard as hell there.

Im pretty sure her people have told her this at this point. North Carolina or Georgia would be icing, but Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania is where the bread is buttered.

Mark Robinson is doing the work for her here in NC, but she needs to focus on the upper 3.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm not tripping on these polls anymore. Kamala is going to be the next president. I don't pick up the phone for polls calling me. I don't get overtly riled up about politics. However, I show up faithfully and vote all blue tickets every time. Democrats, since 2022 have been coming closer or even winning outright in places they haven't won in years or have never won.

It's true, Trump is a unicorn of a candidate but with as many people as he attracts, many more are repulsed by him. Republicans are always going to act like they are winning. Remember the Red Wave of 2022?

The ground game is what is going to deliver this for the Democrats. They currently have a 3-1 advantage in early voting in Pennsylvania for example. People complaining about Kamala moving to the right.

You have to meet people where they are or else you won't even get the chance to get elected.

It looks a bit rocky because nothing is clear now but it's going to happen as long as they continue to push through election day.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Based on these maps, of the 7 swing states (NC, GA, NV, AZ, PA, MI, WI), if she wins these 3 (PA, MI, WI), she will win the election with 270 exactly.

If she wins NC or GA, then she can lose MI or WI as well.

If she wins PA, MI, Wisconsin, and loses the rest, I think she also needs to win that district in Nebraska.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
If she wins PA, MI, Wisconsin, and loses the rest, I think she also needs to win that district in Nebraska.
Yeah, that district in Nebraska is def going blue, which is why the Repubs were trying so hard to change the state's rules a few weeks ago. That 1 vote will put her at the 270 with those 3 states.

By the way, if there was a 269-269 tie, this is what happens next:

What happens if there’s a tie?​

If there’s a 269-269 tie, or if a third party or independent candidate wins electoral votes and keeps a candidate from reaching an Electoral College majority of 270, the next step is the same. It’s called a “contingent election.”

According to the 12th Amendment, enacted in the wake of that divisive 1800 election, if no candidate gets a majority of the Electoral College votes, the new Congress, which would have just been sworn in on January 3, chooses the president. The Senate would choose the vice president.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
As of today (10/10/24) the current House split is:

212 Democrats
220 Republicans
3 Vacant

So if there is a tie, the Democrats would need to gain 6 seats to have the 218 majority to be able to elect the president.
For vice president, the current Senate is:
49 Republicans
47 Democrats
2 independents
2 Repubs acting as independents (Sinena and Manchin)

So the Democrats would need to gain 2 seats to be able to vote the VP in

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
yeah, Im sick of people posting national polls. They mean absolutely nothing. Its all about the states/ electorial college votes. Its down to these 7 states.
Not true. If Kamala wins the popular vote by 3-4% (or more), then it means she most likely wins the Electoral College.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Idk but just hard seeing these swing states doing the right thing just so Kamala can't win. I was optimistic but starting to get worried these crackers gonna no way vote for her.
People said the same thing in 2008 & 2012 about Obama. "These swing states won't ever vote for a Black man", etc. Yet they did...twice.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
People said the same thing in 2008 & 2012 about Obama. "These swing states won't ever vote for a Black man", etc. Yet they did...twice.

That was a little different because -

1. Obama was a super talented once-in-a-lifetime politician. Kamala is cool but she's not Obama.
2. A big part of why Obama won was because of how unpopular Bush and the war in Iraq was, as talented as Obama was I think any Dem would've won that year.

I'm not saying Kamala can't win but there's some legitimate reason to be nervous. These swing state polls are too close.