WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Honestly I'm concerned about the Rethug endorsements as well.

Mainly because I know many of those same Rethugs are going to want a piece of her administration later on. Conservative folks are highly transactional.

I want her to win and I understand what has to be done for her to do so, but anyone is right to feel that Captain Marvel getting the endorsement of Thanos could be problematic at some point.
Meh, I don't really care.

I could see Kinzinger being appointed as VA Secretary (which isn't a problem to me) and Cheney maybe as DNI or some ambassadorship.

Either way, I don't see the big deal :manny:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
So you gotta be perfect 100% of the time, sacrifice everything, and be removed from power on a grassroots level before I can get my respect? Yes, no one is gonna agree with you 100% of everything, but to not see the bigger picture on the direction America is going right now for the next few decades for immediate short-term victories, is child like in hindsight.
This is not what I’m saying at all. I don’t even know what you’re talking about. It’s like you’re responding to a different person. I’m literally saying focusing on policy and not people. I’m a corporate lawyer - you really think most of my friends are leftists? The person is irrelevant. @wire28 interpret this for me.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clout achieved! Major props bro :wow: fake progressives like Bernie and AOC could learn a thing or two from you :salute:

Btw. It's obvious someone is upset when they fiend for your attention in this weird fawning manner.

Lemme attempt this corn shyt:
"Great gotcha bro!! It's so cool that you derail the thread and get upset when people interrupt your circle jerk with alternative ideas!
Maybe I too should pretend to be the smartest in the room while roundly rejecting anything that makes me question my world view!!!".

Just lame, I Know in my heart of hearts what you are. :scust:
chris-tucker-friday.gif

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Yes, I believe that the cross-partisan consensus border policy is indeed fascistic, and I don't believe the demarcation line is whether the President uses flowery language or offensive language to describe it.

Can you give an example of democratic flowery language being used to target a specific set of immigrants that you deem to be fascistic that also lead to specific policy that targeted them with regards to immigration policy?

It's much easier to do with Trump since his Muslims are terrorists rhetoric lead to a Muslim ban. Or perhaps his Latinos are rapists and gang members which lead to a DACA ban.

The reason the meme is relevant is because a fundamental belief of modern Democrats is that polite language is an effective substitute for material analysis/politics, which allows them to sublimate the cognitive dissonance of continue the harmful policies they ostensibly criticize Republicans for promoting.

You and I interpreted that political cartoon differently. I saw it as a statement on American imperialism, not American fascism. The former is based on a diplomatic mode of action while the latter is based on an ideology. Hence the reason I initially mentioned rhetoric being part of the equation.

Not all fascist nations acted imperialistically and not all imperialist nations acted in a fascist manner. I think its important to at least make that distinction before going down the road of saying the Dems are just as fascist as maga repubs.

If you want to make the claim that Dems can be just as imperialistic as repubs with foreign policy, then you'll have a much easier time in doing so

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
People are trusting these polls a little too much. Kamala was always likely to win the popular vote, but aside from that we might as well just say it's 50/50.

Seems like maybe she's slightly up in the swing states, but the polls in those are so close and there's so much potential for methodological errors, response bias, etc. that I wouldn't get too comfortable based off a few days of good polling. Kamala is the underdog until the election is called and not before.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I believe that the cross-partisan consensus border policy is indeed fascistic, and I don't believe the demarcation line is whether the President uses flowery language or offensive language to describe it. The reason the meme is relevant is because a fundamental belief of modern Democrats is that polite language is an effective substitute for material analysis/politics, which allows them to sublimate the cognitive dissonance of continue the harmful policies they ostensibly criticize Republicans for promoting.

You will have a very, very hard time getting anyone to admit that these systems behave in an antagonistic way.

The very basis of their entire world view and political education is that these every day occurrences of violence are normal.

Furthermore, they believe the Democrats never do anything "Bad", they are forever good guys.
This is why even in this very thread Israel is treated as a "rogue state" and "Netanyahu is just a mad man!!"
and it is not seen as a state funded and armed by the US that actively engages in apartheid.
Nor is it seen as a state that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris actively support.

Acknowledging that both at home and abroad various industries and systems get bipartisan support when they're
a net negative for Americans or people in other countries is seen as "fanaticism" or "crazy" or "broadly unpopular".

Even admitting that these things are actually happening is a step to far.

If we didn't have Ta'Nehisi Coates or other platforms and reporters to offer a counter narrative this would just be accepted
and violence would continue as normal, unabated.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Im not mad, I just think you and other posters should be honest that you're using petty political gripes to wage personal vendettas over dumbshyt. Word to Isreal/Palestine

I take regular gaps of being on this board/website, hence me having less thwn 4,000 posts in 10 years, this shyt dont move me the way it moves yall. If yall want to argue just to argue then by all means, it is a message board, but the justifications are so goofy. Like the constant fixation over who @mastermind is/is not voting for. Youd think he was the final undecided swing voter in PA the way it comes up over and over and if yall actually cared you'd engage him on the philosophy on what he hopes that vote will/will not achieve

This current round of stupid bickering is over some posters not feeling Kamala shouting out the Cheneys, which evolved to posters waxing poetic about how Kamalas not making policy consessions to Republicans, which got other posters waxing poetic back, which them evolved to the same moral grandstanding about Progressives/purity and Centrists/ideology. Its the same argument in a different form every week but none of it matters if these aren't undecided voters you're arguing with. This shyt is the HL version of Jordan/Bron but at least in the 'seum they understand theyre engaging in a pointless stan war for daps, laughs and epoints

Damn, the bolded is accurate as hell and describes the overall tone I've been getting from some of the back and forths in this thread :francis: :mjlol:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Not a "faux revolutionary", I've actually been outside trying to help people.
I've fed the homeless, participated in demonstrations and rioted (I posted photos on here
one of the nights I was outside of the police lol.)

These are things that I've actually engaged in and participated in offline.

Just because you sit in your cubicle all day and you're soft in real life doesn't
mean everyone is a cynical weak bytch like you :pachaha:
You’ve just verified you’re a faux-revolutionary. You don’t believe in changing the system from the inside through democracy, you rather it be changed through system collapse or through revolution.

The audacity of you calling me cynical when you do nothing but bytch all day

Last edited:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are trusting these polls a little too much. Kamala was always likely to win the popular vote, but aside from that we might as well just say it's 50/50.

Seems like maybe she's slightly up in the swing states, but the polls in those are so close and there's so much potential for methodological errors, response bias, etc. that I wouldn't get too comfortable based off a few days of good polling. Kamala is the underdog until the election is called and not before.

I think every election is pretty close nowadays with how divided we are

I don’t think anyone should logically think it’s gonna be an easy win for either candidate

With that said regardless of how the media paints it or scared Dems you’d rather be in Kamala’s position of being slightly up than the other way around.

I get that Dems are naturally doom and gloom and especially after 2016 have PTSD but I think the ground game and Trump ptsd will carry her in those swing states specifically PA.

The were the little engine that could underdog talk from Dems gets annoying. There is nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic about this race

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Btw. It's obvious someone is upset when they fiend for your attention in this weird fawning manner.

Lemme attempt this corn shyt:
"Great gotcha bro!! It's so cool that you derail the thread and get upset when people interrupt your circle jerk with alternative ideas!
Maybe I too should pretend to be the smartest in the room while roundly rejecting anything that makes me question my world view!!!".

Just lame, I Know in my heart of hearts what you are. :scust:
chris-tucker-friday.gif
I’m actually done responding to you unless you keep begging for my attention. Your non answer and your other posts over the past day have helped me characterize your type. I have no doubt you and smooth mind would get along great.

#RevolutionPics
#MakingAChange

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't see an issue with people expressing their discomfort with cozying up to Republicans, if only because it sends a signal to the Democratic political establishment that the current alliance with Never Trump Republicans should be an alliance of convenience for the sake of this election and not a signal to start shifting the party platform to the right. The "tent" is big enough as it is and the last thing this country needs is an Obama 2.0 type of Democratic administration.

That said, I think a "wait and see" approach is the best way to not stress about what a potential Harris Administration will look like. Many people thought Biden was going to be a hardcore centrist and he certainly talked a good game in 2020 about "working across the aisle" and getting things done in a "bipartisan" manner. But in many ways, his administration has ended up being more progressive than many people thought it'd be

She has to actually win first before any of the speculation matters in any case :pachaha:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
I’m actually done responding to you unless you keep begging for my attention. Your non answer and your other posts over the past day have helped me characterize your type. I have no doubt you and smooth mind would get along great.

#RevolutionPics
#MakingAChange
He rioted in front of a police station breh, us sheltered liberals don’t know what it takes to create real change :wow:.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This is not what I’m saying at all. I don’t even know what you’re talking about. It’s like you’re responding to a different person. I’m literally saying focusing on policy and not people. I’m a corporate lawyer - you really think most of my friends are leftists? The person is irrelevant. @wire28 interpret this for me.
I think he’s saying fukk you and pull up :mjgrin: