[10/12/24] AEW Presents WrestleDream: Danielson/Moxley, Ospreay/Ricochet/Takeshyta and more!

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
We might get Hangman vs Switchblade since Page is facing Juice next week on Dynamite, I guess this is where Jay White returns.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
If they're not going to play up the Inoki angle at all this year it seems weird to me to stick with the Wrestledream name.

Wasn't the whole thing last year that it was going to be a kind of FD Lite as a tribute to Inoki?

Haven't heard a mention even this year... if it's not the same event, why not just use a different name? :dahell:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They are having way too many big shows close together. This shyt is next Saturday with one match announced :russ:
Agreed it’s dumb as hell. The build for All In and All Out was good but the build for everything else has gotten progressively worse. 5 big shows in 7 weeks is impossible to properly build

Actually make that 6 in 7 weeks because I just realized next week is Title Tuesday…
8/25 - All In
9/7 - All Out
9/25 - Grand Slam
10/2 - 5 Year Anniversary
10/8 - Title Tuesday
10/12 - WrestleDream

And if you wanted to be really liberal with the use of the word big, make it 7 in 8 weeks because…
10/19 - Battle of the Belts

When every show is a big show is any a big show?

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Would love to see Tak win the 3 Way match because Oz and Rico are trying to beat each other. Would love for Tak to be devious about it too. Kind of show that he's not just a real life Bolo, but he's also smart too. Like have the ref almost get squashed in the corner by Rico, Tak slaps him in the back of the head, Rico turns around and goes for Oz because Tak has been playing them against each other all match.

Banger PLUS story!

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Would love to see Tak win the 3 Way match because Oz and Rico are trying to beat each other. Would love for Tak to be devious about it too. Kind of show that he's not just a real life Bolo, but he's also smart too. Like have the ref almost get squashed in the corner by Rico, Tak slaps him in the back of the head, Rico turns around and goes for Oz because Tak has been playing them against each other all match.

Banger PLUS story!
Based off how AEW often likes to book triple threat matches to set up future matches (or protect someone they want to feature but also not take a pin), I expect Ospreay to pin Ricochet so they can run Takeshyta vs. Ospreay with the logic being Takeshyta didn’t get pinned.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I've got a weird feeling about this Danielson/Mox thing. Iono.

Yep, the show is in Washington. He's due to retire/go for surgery. Mox is going to do the deed.

But why aren't they playing up the jeopardy of his retirement when they talk about the main event?

That was ALL we heard up to All In - if they're giving him a home retirement why aren't they selling it more as Bryan Danielson's last stand rather than focusing on Mox's return and the BCC implications when they could be getting Bryan's family involved again and getting everyone ready for the loss?

Heavy chance they've just forgotten because they're all excited about murder but something in my bones telling me it drags on past this somehow.. :yeshrug: