[6/30/24] AEW x NJPW x CMLL Present Forbidden Door: Swerve/Ospreay, Mox/Naito, New TNT Champ, ZSJ/OC, Elite/Scissor Aces and More

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
From what I watched:

-MJF vs Hechicero: Mid opener, kinda disappointed that Max just went for a couple of house show spots and not much else. Hechicero should've heel'd it up since the start considering that spot was the only real highlight of the match.

-Danielson vs Shingo: Very good match. Interesting how they mixed some fast paced stuff with that early sequence and then slowed it down to the work on Dragon's neck. Nigel's hating might've been his best work yet on this one.

-Toni vs Mina: This was good enough, it helped they only went like 10 minutes so they could tight it up. Mina is hot as fukk.

-Saw the final minutes of ZSJ/OC and the Ladder match, don't have much to say about them.

-Mercedes vs Vaquer:
banderachilena.gif
dope performance by Steph. She looked hot as hell as well. Mercedes continues to show how good of a worker she is. Knew how to showcase her opponent and make the match better.

-Swerve vs Ospreay: Exactly what it had to be :blessed: a great match that can be chapter 1 of a much longer and epic rivalry that can help the company, they badly need this kind of stuff to make fans want to see future matches that have a special meaning. Also, this was probably the best Jim Ross I've heard in like a decade.
That’s the two years in a row now that MJF has more or less phoned it in at Forbidden Door.

At least last year he had the excuse of working against washed with no good knees Tanahashi. There’s only so much you can do going up against Tana in a singles match, he just is not remotely capable of having a good one anymore. Would take a miracle for even Ospreay or Danielson to pull a good one out of that matchup

But no excuse this year in front of a home crowd against a prime Hechicero.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
It seems to me THIS is what AEW fans love the most about current wrestling. These of sequences always get the crowd fired up just as much (if not more) than big dangerous spots or even nearfalls (unless they are truly shocking).

Is this also the case in WWE? Legit question as I don't watch and this PPV kinda made me go :ohhh: at how fans might be shifting to what they look forward the most in a match.

really want to see what Swerve and Omega singles match looks like, they interactions in a trios match elite vs swerve/lio rush and someone else I can’t remember and Swerve/Omega parts had me like :ohhh:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
That’s the two years in a row now that MJF has more or less phoned it in at Forbidden Door.

At least last year he had the excuse of working against washed with no good knees Tanahashi. There’s only so much you can do going up against Tana in a singles match, he just is not remotely capable of having a good one anymore. Would take a miracle for even Ospreay or Danielson to pull a good one out of that matchup

MJF has always been hit or miss to me :manny:

He can have good to great matches when he wants but dude comes across as a neckbeard w a gym membership imo.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

:laff: