[9/7/24] AEW Presents All Out: Swerve/Page in a Cage, Danielson/Perry, Ospreay/PAC, Stat/Willow, MJF/Garcia, and More!

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I'm either way on whether I'll watch it again, but the main event was the most affecting wrestling match I've ever seen.

My girl had a cushion clutched in front of her for most of it - I left my seat about 4 times from bumps/spots. It wasn't even that it was popping me, I was stressed the fukk out pacing up and down my living room hoping they both had vital signs and full spinal cords by the end.

I don't think I've felt that since Rumble '99, but I think this match was 400 times more responsible than what Foley and Rocky did that night.

They achieved EXACTLY what they set out to achieve and they did it in an absolutely masterful way that hopefully left them both with careers... this is the best feud AEW has ever done and one of the best feuds I've seen in nearly 40 years of being a wrestling fan. It has at least two of the best matches AEW have ever put on. If anything deserved this match, it's this feud.

I think as a piece of ART this stands above Texas Death, but as a piece of art Requiem For A Dream stands above The Matrix and I'm not about to put Requiem For A Dream on in the background while I wrap my Christmas presents.

I don't want to see anyone try and top this. This is as far as I ever want to see wrestling go and only if you've got a feud THIS hot.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Society has become soft. Just too many sissies nowadays. :ld:

I’ve seen ECW, XPW, CZW in my teens. This ain’t nothing. :bryan:
People need to grow some balls and watch more horror movies. Not that sanitized PG-13 bullshyt that the big studios put out, but the real stuff. The stuff that makes you go “what the fukk?” The type of stuff that makes you want to keep the lights on when you go to bed and double check all the windows and doors are locked when night falls. The type of stuff that makes you not want to go out at night. The stuff that makes you go “what the fukk was that noise” when you’re in an old house and it makes random noises because it’s old.

Last edited:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Need to show some love for Stat/Willow too. I knew they'd go out there and try to set a bar for the main event to clear and they beat the living shyt out of each other. Saw some comment earlier that even their slip-ups made it look even sicker.

Stat being able to manhandle Willow like that makes them SUCH good opponents. Feels like a proper hoss fight.

AEW Women + Street Fights = Good fukkin Times

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This dude is another huge WWE fan, he said "stop the tribalism" and gives his review of the show..

You know that question what’s something that’s good when people aren’t in your ear all the time about it being bad?

That’s AEW’s problem, for the most part, these days. Jericho shyt is still bad no matter what.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The cut left just enough to your own imagination about what just happened - your brain immediately filled in a clip from Royal Rumble '99 and hit the :damn:
When in reality Swerve went through a catflap at high speed and made a loud fukkin noise doing it.

I'm kind of amazed it's the syringe (it's so sharp I bet it barely even hurt) and the chair shot that has marks clutching pearls when the cinderblock spots are RIGHT THERE and I don't know if anyone's got anything to defend them with other than "at least they don't do this shyt every week".:sadbron:
The needle thing got to me because I fukking hate needles. I wasn’t clutching pearls about it, I was just like “wtf?” because I haven’t seen something like that outside of a death match promotion in a long time.

Last edited:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
The needle thing got to me because I fukking hate needles. I won’t clutching pearls about it, I was just like “wtf?” because I haven’t seen something like that outside of a death match promotion in a long time.

Oh yeah, it wasn't NICE in any sort of way and I didn't enjoy seeing it, won't be trying to see it again soon... but as a lead-up to end-game in a match like this I respect it. It's branded on my mind and nobody really got hurt by it. That's good death match wrestling :yeshrug:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'm either way on whether I'll watch it again, but the main event was the most affecting wrestling match I've ever seen.

My girl had a cushion clutched in front of her for most of it - I left my seat about 4 times from bumps/spots. It wasn't even that it was popping me, I was stressed the fukk out pacing up and down my living room hoping they both had vital signs and full spinal cords by the end.

I don't think I've felt that since Rumble '99, but I think this match was 400 times more responsible than what Foley and Rocky did that night.

They achieved EXACTLY what they set out to achieve and they did it in an absolutely masterful way that hopefully left them both with careers... this is the best feud AEW has ever done and one of the best feuds I've seen in nearly 40 years of being a wrestling fan. It has at least two of the best matches AEW have ever put on. If anything deserved this match, it's this feud.

I think as a piece of ART this stands above Texas Death, but as a piece of art Requiem For A Dream stands above The Matrix and I'm not about to put Requiem For A Dream on in the background while I wrap my Christmas presents.

I don't want to see anyone try and top this. This is as far as I ever want to see wrestling go and only if you've got a feud THIS hot.
Love Requiem for a Dream. I’ve seen it before on lists people make of movies they like but will never watch again or are too disturbing to watch again. Meanwhile I’m like “wtf you mean never watch again or too disturbing?” because that might be my most re-watched movie lol

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Love Requiem for a Dream. I’ve seen it before on lists people make of movies they like but will never watch again or are too disturbing to watch again. Meanwhile I’m like “wtf you mean never watch again or too disturbing?” because that might be my most re-watched movie lol

Cattle sit down, what I'm about to say is heavy, now listen. You're a sick man, with sick thoughts.

giphy.gif

AEW the right place for folk like us, fam.:demonic:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Cattle sit down, what I'm about to say is heavy, now listen. You're a sick man, with sick thoughts.

giphy.gif

AEW the right place for folk like us, fam.:demonic:
I have my limits. A while back I saw a list of the 100 most disturbing movies ever. Started from #1 and started working my way down. Never finished the list, but the only one I couldn’t finish was Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I'm kind of amazed it's the syringe (it's so sharp I bet it barely even hurt) and the chair shot that has marks clutching pearls when the cinderblock spots are RIGHT THERE
The 2 back spots onto the cinder blocks and the unprotected chairshot were more dangerous than the syringe. I think the outrage is more so the association of syringes (ala lighttubes, staplers, skewers, etc.) with backyard/ultraviolent/indyriffic wrestling than the danger level.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Rewatching parts of the show. Just got to the post-match stuff with Moxley. Happened to notice that boy Nick Wayne is really starting to put on the muscle. He doesn’t look far off from being as bulky as Christian is now. :leon:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Rewatching parts of the show. Just got to the post-match stuff with Moxley. Happened to notice that boy Nick Wayne is really starting to put on the muscle. He doesn’t look far off from being as bulky as Christian is now.
His father, his TRUE father, is man enough to make sure his son is given everything he needs to succeed in the pro wrestling world. A lesser man would fall short.