[6/30/24] AEW x NJPW x CMLL Present Forbidden Door: Swerve/Ospreay, Mox/Naito, New TNT Champ, ZSJ/OC, Elite/Scissor Aces and More

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

It seems to me THIS is what AEW fans love the most about current wrestling. These of sequences always get the crowd fired up just as much (if not more) than big dangerous spots or even nearfalls (unless they are truly shocking).

Is this also the case in WWE? Legit question as I don't watch and this PPV kinda made me go :ohhh: at how fans might be shifting to what they look forward the most in a match.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
the build for the match was fukkin good too. And there were some idiots here saying Toni/Mina was better because of the rating numbers. :mjlol:
Name names if you not scared :sas2:

Damn right I said Toni/Mina had better build with the overall story of Toni & Mariah it’s been one of the best things on TV:unimpressed:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I see Jungle Man Jack Perry getting his run
meme-memes.gif

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
It seems to me THIS is what AEW fans love the most about current wrestling. These of sequences always get the crowd fired up just as much (if not more) than big dangerous spots or even nearfalls (unless they are truly shocking).

Is this also the case in WWE? Legit question as I don't watch and this PPV kinda made me go :ohhh: at how fans might be shifting to what they look forward the most in a match.

I feel that could be true. That fast paced near miss action where you don't know which one is gonna end up with the advantage. It does get the crowd hype. I mean compare it with someone like Ishii or that japanese strong style where they trading elbows and chops and clotheslines until one gets knocked down. yeah its cool and all but doesn't have that excitement factor since its the same in every match. meanwhile with what swerve and ospreay did, you get some variety cuz you don't know what one guy is gonna do that the other guy has to dodge or counter. its like a back and forth chess match with each wrestler using a different technique to get the advantage.

this style also more exciting than the technical style. tho not as many do that so its special. seeing someone like ZSJ twist limbs and find ways to make his opponent submit is a skill not known or utilized by many. so it makes it special but the slow pace doesn't give it much excitement.

what a ppv, show, company, whatever, needs is all 3 styles. not sure if there are others that i can think of. but the fast paced style is whats gonna get the crowd hyped.