Why aren't men like Steph Curry

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
those women aren't good women and it's unfortunate but that shouldn't turn you into an a$$hole. All that does is repeat the cycle.
I don't even know why this thread was veered into this topic. Fact is both men and women need to be better people and expect the same thing from their partner.

It's easy for somebody who wasn't struck to tell others to turn the other cheek.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh i see you're a clown. carry on.

but I see you're confusing this discussion with your own emotions and feelings (so manly.)

we're speaking on the CULTURE. not our own individual thoughts and opinions.

Yeah, you're speaking on the culture of kids under 20.
I hang around adults, I have never heard any black man I chill with call Steph a lame.

You just exposing your circle breh :umad:

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
3shz84_zps29095453.jpg

Gravity

Banned
Daps
1155.gif

so kids are buying his shoes because of his character off the court?

I thought that's what this discussion was about, not that he is one of the best players/shooters ever

now you cats are confusing me.
No they're buying his shoes because they like him for being a great ball player. Your argument was that he's seen as corny/lame or whatever just for seemingly being a straight-laced square type dude. I'm saying that isn't true.
You're not incorrect but @Bugatti Biceps main point (at least how I interpreted it) is that on an everyday, interpersonal level, women DO have choices that they can make (such as with whom to have sex, who to date) for which they must take personal responsibility, irregardless of surrounding circumstances and environments. People ALWAYS have choices.
i agree and that applies to us as black men too. That's my point.
Plenty of light nikkas not eating.
The post that I quoted said that guys that look like Steph are placed lower on the totem poles by females. That's not true.
I agree with you on a socioeconomic level, but not on a personal level.

On a personal level these women know these nikkas aint got a job, a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of, and yet they lay up with them because "swag"? That's fukking stupid, and that's the fault of black women AND black men not telling their daughter how to have value, and they grow up to have fukked up ideals in what they value in men, and then come to this forum to argue about how its not their fault they wasted their prime years on fukkboys. Everyone knows its fukkboys everywhere. How women in 2016 still get pregnant by nikkas with no jobs and no futures is beyond me.
The same reason that the cats with no jobs or futures will choose to bring kids in the world that can't/won't be a father to. Like I said, it's a fukked up cycle that both black men and women are complicit in but is ultimately created by systematic white supremacy.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
For there to be more good men and good women you need both men and women only looking for the right ones and leaving aint shyt men and women in the dust.

If more men tried going against men who fukk around then it wont work without cooperation of fellow women who will not give these men who fukk around the time of day.

There is no other way.

Sadly there are women who not only give these men a chance but take pride in fukking another mans woman.

We need both men and women homing in on this issue or else it will never be solved.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I don't disagree with any of what you're saying BUT the question is not whether women in those environments make the best/most informed/correct choice, the question is whether those same women have a choice. And, it doesn't take the most enlightened or educated person to realize that once, you make a choice, you're expected to take accountability for it (good or bad). Women who choose to sleep with/date/get pregnant by deadbeats, abusers, lowlifes, and womanizers should be held responsible for that choice. Period.

It's not why you did it. It's what you did.

Nah. That's why there are different "degrees" of murder. It's all murder but it makes a big difference whether you murdered someone in self defense vs planned it out. The circumstances behind an action dictate how the action is viewed. If someone is a single mom b/c she left her husband for not making enough money and moved across vs because that is all she ever saw and knew nothing beyond that I can't judge those 2 situations the same. We both know we can't judge BP on a mass scale the same as a community that doesn't have a world wide system set up to make them fail.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
It's easy for somebody who wasn't struck to tell others to turn the other cheek.
You better know my life story. In fact I've been extremely hurt by both men and women but I realized that turning into a bad person is ony going to make me feel better for the moment. Tis why I choose to turn the other cheek. Life gets better.

Receipts, please.
read the thread.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All your points prove my argument.:mjlol:
It's ok for men to sleep around just don't wife hoes.

No, that wasn't your original argument was that black men were not championing the actions and ethics of a Steph Curry, which is completely bullshyt.

Now, are men still gonna fukk hoes? Yes :ld:

But that doesn't mean that fathers are out there teaching that to the sons, or friends are telling their boys to get with a known thot.:martin:

Men fukking hoes has nothing to do with the existence of a Steph Curry:mjlol:
Men aren't fukking hoes cuz society tells them to, they are fukking hoes cuz they wanna fukk hoes :mjlol:

Did you think that men would stop fukking hoes cuz Steph has made it big? :ohhh:

Yo, the fukk is this thread even about?? :dead:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
The same reason that the cats with no jobs or futures will choose to bring kids in the world that can't/won't be a father to. Like I said, it's a fukked up cycle that both black men and women are complicit in but is ultimately created by systematic white supremacy.

This.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Yeah, you're speaking on the culture of kids under 20.
I hang around adults, I have never heard any black man I chill with call Steph a lame.

You just exposing your circle breh :umad:

:patrice: peep my first response in this thread. a lot of my nikkas can't even BE steph curry at this point because of their life choices (tattoos, baby mommas, GED's, felonies etc etc etc)...

brush up on your reading comprehension sir. anything I said after that was in response to something that was said to me. :umad:

No they're buying his shoes because they like him for being a great ball player. Your argument was that he's seen as corny/lame or whatever just for seemingly being a straight-laced square type dude. I'm saying that isn't true.

and again...michael jordan has been proven to be a cut throat savage apathetic individual that could give two shyts about inner city black kids off the court but that doesn't affect this shoe sales.

this discussion is about men being more like steph curry, OFF THE COURT. HIS CHARACTER.

you're the one who brought up his shoe sales.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Steph isn't prepping to raise another man's seed with a well known industry hoe... lady, which is 99.9999% of the reason why Russ gets clowned :manny:

Again I'm talking about before Ciara. Would you all please stop trying to use current events to back up past actions?

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
My issue is with your finger point.

So your issue is that someone pointed out that black women aren't infallible?

I didn't know that.

Or is your issue that I didn't point out the issues with black men at the same time I pointed out issues with black women? I didn't know I had to do both at the same time. If you have issues with how black men do things as a culture, we can discuss those, but if your only response to "this is how black women are fukkin up culturally," is "well black men are fukkin up too," it's proving my point about how black women individually and as a culture are incapable of receiving criticism and taking accountability for anything.