Why aren't men like Steph Curry

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You're speaking for yourself, this question is a general one

Steph looks and carries himself like an NBA player from the 80's or 90's, this new young generation likes his game, but he's too clean. Too white bread, he's a cornball

I don't personally think that because I've seen hundreds of dudes like him in the NBA, but I'm not everybody

You should heed your own words.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
@MoonGoddess

I don't know. The flaw I see in many women argument in regards to these type of threads is women usually combine TWO different type of dudes into ONE dude. The ironic thing is most of the time when you see men telling BW they need to take accountability and responsibility for their actions they ARE the "Steph Curry" or "Russell Wilson" type. And before anybody play dumb(or just are dumb, lol) I'm not saying they are corny and obviously they don't play pro ball. But usually those type of dudes that tell BW to get their shyt together are educated, professional, responsible, don't have kids unless they are married, etc. Yet BW try to deflect by taking about men that ain't shyt. Well guess what, it's not the ain't shyt dudes that are telling you to get your shyt together.

It doesn't make sense. I wouldn't go to Morehouse or Spelman and tell those young BM and BW that black people don't take education seriously. If that is a message you want to get out, sit up shop on a street corner in a hood somewhere(if you are brave or crazy enough) and then preach.

My point is BW need to know their audience in these type of discussions. Chances are if a BM is trying to communicate to you in a way that @Bugatti Biceps is he already has his act together. So there is no point in responding to him with "BM are hypocritical and need to get their act together".
This is a lie. I am not deflecting anything. Those 2 groups do not exist exclusive of each other.
Also why if black men are objectively criticized on here it's "not all black men", or "know your audience", but when we as women try to tell you the same, we are deflecting or lying. The type of women he is describing are barely on this board, so why aren't you telling him that he needs to know his audience? Lol

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You aren't making sense:

You said "he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough." I am asking you where is he viewed or portrayed that way through the media, pop culture or black culture?

You should heed your own words.

:patrice: are you black? i'm asking seriously...are you not around teenagers, kids, the culture?

if so are you actually interacting with them or are you just observing them or whatever...the youth and basketball culture aren't trying to "be" steph curry,

they want to imitate his game, but he's not somebody they aspire to be off the court.

if you have an argument or evidence that supports this argument otherwise then post it...

I'm not in "disagree/argue" mode this morning, just relax and just engage in a rational discussion fam. it ain't that deep.

boyboy

Pro
Daps
Jungles of Africa huh? So now we not "civilized enough for you? :pachaha:Wow. Starting to show them true colors I see. :sas1:

Come on now. This is part of our problem, we can't have honest discussions with each other without deflecting and building strawmen arguments. Lets not take his Jungles of Africa comment and try to paint him as a BW hater. You and I both know that's not the case. I had a black professor in college who was married to a BW express the same point. Granted he didn't use that language or mention race or gender but his point was the same.

Anybody with a brain would tell you that. Back in ancient times your physical build determined if you could survive or not. You had to hunt, fish, fight and kill just to stay alive. Well that's not the case anymore. It's far more important now to have a "big brain" as opposed to "big biceps" in regards to financial success(and therefore survival) in modern times. This shouldn't be a controversial statement and should be something everybody can agree on.

Unless a guy is going to be one of those super rare nikkas that make it to the league(NBA, NFL, etc) having a big masculine body is going to count for very little from a financial standpoint. And before someone take this post out of context I encourage everyone to workout and be fit. I'm about that gym life myself. But things needs to be kept in proper context.

And yet the way many women act is if times haven't revolved. They act like they need to find a 7 feet monster who can bench press 600 lbs. so he can take care and protect her. lol

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:patrice: are you black? i'm asking seriously...are you not around teenagers, kids, the culture?

if so are you actually interacting with them or are you just observing them or whatever...the youth and basketball culture aren't trying to "be" steph curry,

they want to imitate his game, but he's not somebody they aspire to be off the court.

if you have an argument or evidence that supports this argument otherwise then post it...

I'm not in "disagree/argue" mode this morning, just relax and just engage in a rational discussion fam. it ain't that deep.

I am black. Kids/Teens not trying to "be" Steph Curry off the court doesn't equate to "he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough." as you stated. What NBA star are kids actively trying to be like off the court? Which ones have they historically tried to be like off the court?

I've asked you to post evidence where he is "he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough." which I'm still waiting for.

I'm not in an argument mode either. I asked a simple question. It seems you are making a leap based on what you don't see as opposed to seeing people actively referring to him in that manner. What NBA star are kids actively trying to be like off the court?

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
Also why if black men are objectively criticized on here it's "not all black men", or "know your audience", but when we as women try to tell you the same, we are deflecting or lying.

When have black men ever denied on here the prevalance of dudes who aint on shyt? We can look at the unemployment stats, we can look at our neighborhoods. Aint any dude worth a damn out here denying that its broke boys out here.

Plus, how does ANY dude doing that have anything to do with BW refusing to take accountability for their decisions and priorities when it comes to dating? You're not making any sense.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Come on now. This is part of our problem, we can't have honest discussions with each other without deflecting and building strawmen arguments. Lets not take his Jungles of Africa comment and try to paint him as a BW hater. You and I both know that's not the case. I had a black professor in college who was married to a BW express the same point. Granted he didn't use that language or mention race or gender but his point was the same.

Anybody with a brain would tell you that. Back in ancient times your physical build determined if you could survive or not. You had to hunt, fish, fight and kill just to stay alive. Well that's not the case anymore. It's far more important now to have a "big brain" as opposed to "big biceps" in regards to financial success(and therefore survival) in modern times. This shouldn't be a controversial statement and should be something everybody can agree on.

Unless a guy is going to be one of those super rare nikkas that make it to the league(NBA, NFL, etc) having a big masculine body is going to count for very little from a financial standpoint. And before someone take this post out of context I encourage everyone to workout and be fit. I'm about that gym life myself. But things needs to be kept in proper context.

And yet the way many women act is if times haven't revolved. They act like they need to find a 7 feet monster who can bench press 600 lbs. so he can take care and protect her. lol

:camby:If he was White or a woman telling dudes they act like they in the jungles of Africa you'd be down his throat. Fuk out of here with them lame ass excuses. Half ya'll think with your dikks but have the nerve to tell BW what they should be physically attracted to. :youngsabo: Ya'll have no accountability within your gender for your part in the degradation of the community. When ya'll actually wanna talk about building a community together and finish your pity party circle jerk hit me up. Until then don't quote me, unless of course you, like him, you need rescuing. :cape:Then I'll send a car. :heh:

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
a lot of these guys are determined to see only the negative aspects of us while not ever looking at their fukked up ways
Where is this at, and what does that actually have to do with the topic at hand?

Scream and rant about accountability but deflect for their lives when when questioned
None of my questions have yet to be answered that I've posited in here, so you must be referring to your own group.

They post with blinders on, a bunch of scorned ass dudes still mad that they got rejected for the boy with more candy in elementary school.

Ah, here's the deflection "If you criticize me, you must be hurt/loser/hater". The level of narcissism to believe any person, group, or culture is above reproach is astonishing.

They are hurt and bitter.

Yeah, not like these single mothers on Fathers Day tho.

How many Ayeshas did some of these losers pass up because she wouldn't let them hit the on the first night?

How many Steph's did you pass up because they weren't attractive enough for you?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You're speaking for yourself, this question is a general one

Steph looks and carries himself like an NBA player from the 80's or 90's, this new young generation likes his game, but he's too clean. Too white bread, he's a cornball

I don't personally think that because I've seen hundreds of dudes like him in the NBA, but I'm not everybody
Do you have any document of This? A post my? Or is it just anecdotal?

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
Ya'll have no accountability within your gender for your part in the degradation of the community.

Aint shyt dudes, if women don't procreate with them, die out after one generation.

Unless of course, black women decide to keep their fukkboy genes going, which is a problem you have yet to acknowledge black women being wildly complicit in.

If he was White or a woman telling dudes they act like they in the jungles of Africa you'd be down their throat.
Yeah, because you've really addressed any of my points that I've made, and not just deliberately took something I said relating to anthropology completely out of context to avoid any sort of actual discussion.

In fact, answer this:

What problems do you think are in the black community that black women are the cause of, if any? What things do you think black women as a culture need to work on or change?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I am black. Kids/Teens not trying to "be" Steph Curry off the court doesn't equate to "he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough." as you stated. What NBA star are kids actively trying to be like off the court? Which ones have they historically tried to be like off the court?

I've asked you to post evidence where he is "he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough." which I'm still waiting for.

I'm not in an argument mode either. I asked a simple question. It seems you are making a leap based on what you don't see as opposed to seeing people actively referring to him in that manner. What NBA star are kids actively trying to be like off the court?

1) Allen Iverson influenced an entire generation, so did Deion Sanders - how they played and how they lived/dressed/wore their hair off the field/court. << i'm wrong?

2) The youth today are more influenced by WorldStar/Bossip/Reality TV then they are athletes the way my generation was <<< again, this is false?

3) Steph curry represents the counter culture to all of that. he's a devout christian, husband, not trying to rap or do movies, he's the new grant hill.

I don't have a Huffington Post article written by a 15 year old inner city black kid explaining why Steph Curry doesn't represent him, but what I like to do in these instances is to simply GOOGLE these things. Do it, you'll find forum opinions, comments, it's out there - people are even calling him an uncle tom

It's funny how on this forum we freely talk about how the culture changes among the youth when it comes to sexuality ("all these kids gay!"), but now all of a sudden I need receipts on what I see that doesn't fit a certain narrative...interesting :jbhmm:

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY

She not gonna actually address any of your points bro. She's just going to keep being willfully ignorant and deflecting the point into something else that no one is discussing.