Why aren't men like Steph Curry

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
You can't take this site as a serious representation of men because you don't really know who these people are. A lot of these posters are boys not men and many things are said just for the attention or to fit in.

I'm talking about real life offline. Nice reasonably attractive women who carry themselves like they want to be wives get wifed up. The argument that you're making really only applies in reverse because men chase women. The good girls aren't being passed over, a lot of women just decide not to be "good" these days. Women are on that "think like a man" shyt. That's why they don't like women Like Mrs. Curry.
Yeah I know, which is why I really I don't like to respond in these threads for the most part. I don't know I've seen it happen. I think both men and women relish in not being good these days. It's cool to be in a$$hole and somehow it became cool to be a thot.
Especially with the media the way it is.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Why blacks gotta praise black men? And we all know it's hood blacks and saddity. Don't admit they are black blacks. Curry is the latter
giphy.gif

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yeah I know, which is why I really I don't like to respond in these threads for the most part. I don't know I've seen it happen. I think both men and women relish in not being good these days. It's cool to be in a$$hole and somehow it became cool to be a thot.
Especially with the media the way it is.
Yea everything is ass backwards now and it's due to a deliberate agenda.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Dudes in here getting in their feelings but OP has a point, nikkas need to just admit it

Steph curry can ball but he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough. He's not quite Russell Wilson status, but not far from it

Also, a lot of dudes can't be a "steph curry" even if they wanted to - tats, different baby mommas, uneducated

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
Dudes in here getting in their feelings but OP has a point, nikkas need to just admit it

Steph curry can ball but he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough. He's not quite Russell Wilson status, but not far from it

Also, a lot of dudes can't be a "steph curry" even if they wanted to - tats, different baby mommas, uneducated
The cognitive dissonance in this thread is amazing:pachaha:
Their argument is if I want black men to be like steph, then I want them to be 6'3 nba superstars:skip:
All this deflection on why they can't be like him is because they know being like him won't get them the thots they desire:mjlol:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Where are you seeing this narrative in a measurable way?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Where are you seeing this narrative in a measurable way?
Not sure what you're saying here

I'm seeing this like a normal observant person would. Take the ball out of currys hands and he's a boring corporate church dude, if anything most of us would think he was gay :usure:

Now take Demarcus cousins, most cats can relate to him.

I'm wrong? :jbhmm:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

I'm seeing this like a normal observant person would. Take the ball out of currys hands and he's a boring corporate church dude, if anything most of us would think he was gay :usure:

I think you are to be honest. I'm not a basketball fan but I respect Steph for being a stand up cat. What about cousins do you find relatable? That he can dance on cue ?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

You aren't making sense:

You said "he's seen as corny, a lame, not street enough." I am asking you where is he viewed or portrayed that way through the media, pop culture or black culture?

boyboy

Pro
Daps
The cognitive dissonance in this thread is amazing:pachaha:
Their argument is if I want black men to be like steph, then I want them to be 6'3 nba superstars:skip:
All this deflection on why they can't be like him is because they know being like him won't get them the thots they desire:mjlol:

@MoonGoddess

I don't know. The flaw I see in many women argument in regards to these type of threads is women usually combine TWO different type of dudes into ONE dude. The ironic thing is most of the time when you see men telling BW they need to take accountability and responsibility for their actions they ARE the "Steph Curry" or "Russell Wilson" type. And before anybody play dumb(or just are dumb, lol) I'm not saying they are corny and obviously they don't play pro ball. But usually those type of dudes that tell BW to get their shyt together are educated, professional, responsible, don't have kids unless they are married, etc. Yet BW try to deflect by taking about men that ain't shyt. Well guess what, it's not the ain't shyt dudes that are telling you to get your shyt together.

It doesn't make sense. I wouldn't go to Morehouse or Spelman and tell those young BM and BW that black people don't take education seriously. If that is a message you want to get out, sit up shop on a street corner in a hood somewhere(if you are brave or crazy enough) and then preach.

My point is BW need to know their audience in these type of discussions. Chances are if a BM is trying to communicate to you in a way that @Bugatti Biceps is he already has his act together. So there is no point in responding to him with "BM are hypocritical and need to get their act together".

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I think you are to be honest. I'm not a basketball fan but I respect Steph for being a stand up cat. What about cousins do you find relatable? That he can dance on cue ?

You're speaking for yourself, this question is a general one

Steph looks and carries himself like an NBA player from the 80's or 90's, this new young generation likes his game, but he's too clean. Too white bread, he's a cornball

I don't personally think that because I've seen hundreds of dudes like him in the NBA, but I'm not everybody

Daps
It's not the same stop it :comeon:

The difference in this situation is that men will not hate on Steph because they're not like him, dudes will give nothing but respect and admiration to Steph for being a stand up dude

Women will become angry and insecure that they're being compared to Ayesha Curry because they know they can't reach that standard. And rather than being happy for her they'll try to tear her down rather than face up to their own shortcomings that she reminds them of
Nah. Black women got irritated because men saw Ayesha, in all her puritan glory, and started shoving him in their faces like she's the prototype. I'm not on twitter or facebook but even I was seeing stuff about her, so I'm sure it must have been really oversaturated.

I'm sure it's how guys must feel when internet women shove Russell Wilson in their face like he's the prototype. It's self serving and frankly, really annoying. lol