Why aren't men like Steph Curry

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
How so?
and how am I a bird brain for wanting black men to be more upstanding? I don't date women:mjlol:

Right. I actually agree with many of their points but it is fascinating that they are always on some "I can't cause women won't XYZ" or "Women are this that is why i can't XYZ" It's like their existence is shaped by a mass "culture" of women; not experience. I will never understand how a "man" operates in such a fashion.

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
It's a myth. They're not. They're even worse than BW

Young white girls are the most superficial people I've ever seen

At least BW care somewhat about personality
How is it a myth when the OOW rate is lower and they don't care as much about "swag" and more about who can provide for them

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
There are PLENTY of upstanding men. What you want is for the fukkboys that you like to be upstanding, which aint them and aint never gonna be them.

That's the difference.

You want more upstanding men, start using that as the primary metric for who you entertain.

You can see the priority of the black woman by the out of wedlock stats. If they prioritized upstanding men, the number would be much lower.
I feel you.

So since there's more upstanding black men than black women what can we do?

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
Here is something I find amazing....many BW claim BM don't respect or like them(no true). Yet here is Ayesha Curry and before anybody get crazy the woman is black, that has the universal respect of black men everywhere. So instead of striving to be like her BW tear her down. And it has nothing to do with her looks. It's all about how she carry herself. Yes the fact that she is easy on the eyes make her dateable to most guys but I see better looking women than her all the time that I don't respect.

Is it really that hard for "some" BW to act like ladies and not IG thots?

Also what I don't understand is why do BW constantly bring up how BM view guys that some may consider corny. That has nothing to do with how you as a BW view them or it shouldn't. After all you are the ones that are going to be dating them, not BM. Stop letting others influence your choices and views. Just look at BM...a lot of BW don't like Ayesha but that has changed how BM feel about her. Almost all BM(of class anyway) hold her in high regard based on how she carry herself regardless of what BW think and has to say about her.
actually it does have something to do with it. You have some guys out there acting like bad boys because that's what girls like in their minds. they are the ones letting others influence their choices and views but I agree with everything else.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
Why do you think white women are better at picking good mates then black women?

More likely to come from a 2 parent home and understand that kind of interaction on a positive level and want it for themselves.

Also, they are taught to think of the long game. In corporate America, yeah they get ran through just like a hoodrat, but who they let run through is a whole different caliber of man, so if they do get popped and keep it, the man is at least able to financially support their child. Plus they have their fun, but at a certain age realize the time for games is over, and when it comes to settling down, they ask "where will he have me in over the next 30 years," not "what positions can he put me in over the next 30 minutes."

I speak to Black, Indian, and White women in corporate America. The values, priorities, and mindset is completely different among black women on average over the others. The black women who married at 21-24 to regular good dudes sound a lot like the white women. The single late 20s-early 30s ones sound a lot like 16 year olds.

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
actually it does have something to do with it. You have some guys out there acting like bad boys because that's what girls like in their minds. they are the ones letting others influence their choices and views but I agree with everything else.
But most black men aren't bad boys so why do black women choose to have babies with "bad" boys.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Thing about Steph is that you KNOW he not a square.

The chick he has

The quiet swag

The humbleness/confidence...

Steph might be more Alpha than any of us
@Elle Driver

Crazy thing is to me, that's something an "alpha" male is more to me.

Someone that's a CHOSEN leader. Not just based off physical merit. Just based off his principles and sticks to them and how he uses what's given to him.

How he responds and how hard he works is the TRUE definition of an alpha male... Even if it is a white term. It holds true

Leadership goes to the ones who been led and have a relentlessness that's hard to ignore... Whether they're outnumbered, outclassed, etc. it's not hard to comprehend. People choose who they want to follow. And an "alpha" ultimately means you are the one to follow

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
actually it does have something to do with it. You have some guys out there acting like bad boys because that's what girls like in their minds.

So when do women take responsibility for that fact and start telling these little girls and their peers to not go that route?

Yall want us to stop telling men to engage in street harassment but won't tell your homegirls to stop responding positively to those nikkas.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
What do you mean how so? :what:

Just be a positive, supportive presence in your mans life. That's it.
he said being an ayesha curry is more attainable than being a steph curry and I'm not quite sure why him being an nba star is being put into this equation. We are speaking about the qualities that make them both upstanding.

There are PLENTY of upstanding men. What you want is for the fukkboys that you like to be upstanding, which aint them and aint never gonna be them.

That's the difference.

You want more upstanding men, start using that as the primary metric for who you entertain.

You can see the priority of the black woman by the out of wedlock stats. If they prioritized upstanding men, the number would be much lower.
so let me get this straight. there are plenty of upstanding black men but when my counter argument is that there are many upstanding black women, I'm met with bs rhetoric like "women like bad boys", "women want to be hoes but then want a good man to marry".
You are doing the very same thing you are accusing me of doing.

boyboy

Pro
Daps

I see what you are saying. But I was getting at something else. One, I don't believe that many dudes that are really good guys are out there pretending to be thugs. I just don't. Sure, some may try to come off cooler than what they otherwise are. But a wholesale personality change, naw.

But again if BW find guys like Russell Wilson, Steph Curry or whoever to be quality dudes why do they need BM to praise them before they(BW) praise them?

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
It's like their existence is shaped by a mass "culture" of women; not experience.

Yes, all of our existences are shaped by multiple cultures, including black woman culture, that we all experience.

Once again, deflecting to not take any responsibility for the choices and priorities black women make in men.

Men have no problem telling men to be better, get jobs, get an education. Hell we have threads about that very thing.

Point me to the thread telling women to stop fukking with fukkboys and start valuing men by who they are and having goals and being financially stable, and not by who gets their p*ssy wet.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
upstanding black women, I'm met with bs rhetoric like "women like bad boys", "women want to be hoes but then want a good man to marry".

Because the numbers aint bearing out that fact.

Women choose who they procreate with. Women choose who they entertain.

Stats showing for as much as they talk about being upstanding and wanting men to marry and be financially stable, 70% of yall having babies out of wedlock and the second-highest percentage of women on government assistance.

Clearly your rhetoric aint lining up with who you let bust in that p*ssy.