Why aren't men like Steph Curry

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Praised and acknowledged by other black men?:jbhmm:

As a black woman, even though chaste and classy women get some hate from other black women, they are usually admired. That is usually the opposite for men.

For so long the rhetoric has been that women do not want a good, upstanding man. They want the bad boy who will blow their backs out and send them packing. So naturally, men's argument has been to fall in line with what women want in order to get them.

All of a sudden, ayesha curry steps on the scene and it's "oh I want I woman like ayesha", "yall hoes need to be more like ayesha".

Pause:dame:
So now the argument is, "we as men are allowed to have standards and want a woman like ayesha".
Well, where were those standards when you were running through deshawn, eshlawn, lil mamma, and her friends?:dwillhuh:
This new argument is set on the basis that you as a man are the leader and the one to choose.
So if this is the new role black men want to accept, why aren't the likes of steph curry being championed?
Why aren't black men telling other black men to be more selective?
Why aren't black men telling other black men that it's ok to not sleep around?
But ya'll are quick to tell black women to stop being hoes and have respect for themselves.:comeon:
I firmly believe that most of you men using ayesha curry as the golden standard is simply a ploy to support the old adage "men are naturally promiscuous".
From the age of dawn, men have been sleeping with prostitutes and whores but went and found a virtuous woman to marry.
You may want an ayesha curry but that doesn't stop you from sleeping with the kim's, amber's, and chyna's.:shaq2:
Simply put, if you aren't going to be like steph, you shouldn't expect an ayesha.:manny:
First off, I'm sure Steph had a few in whores in college...I've seen pics

Second, women kill me complaining about the fact that life just happens to be a playing field that favors males...especially in the love department, but virtues for a woman will always be more of a value to her than virtues for a man when it comes to love. We didn't make it this way...it was this way when we got here. That's why it's wise for a woman to choose wisely if her virtues are in tact, cuz why waste such value on a bum. But don't hate the game, learn the rules and play wisely..

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
And a single woman hasn't responded to my post as to why.

They should be asking why they aren't Ayesha Curry, which is far more attainable. You gotta be a bird-brained ass woman to ask why men aren't like .001% of men, and come up with a million and one excuses as to why they can't be a supportive and choose men that are actually capable of building the black community.
How so?
and how am I a bird brain for wanting black men to be more upstanding? I don't date women:mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
And a single woman hasn't responded to my post as to why.

They should be asking why they aren't Ayesha Curry, which is far more attainable. You gotta be a bird-brained ass woman to ask why men aren't like .001% of men, and come up with a million and one excuses as to why they can't be a supportive and choose men that are actually capable of building the black community.

Crazy! I love these situations

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
Once again, depends on what you find attractive. Women only find men that are hard-working and stable attractive if they are physically attractive first. I know plenty of men wifed up with some :francis: looking women, because every upstanding dude at one point smashed a dime that wasn't about shyt, and we know looks aren't end all be all.

Black women don't prioritize values first, so why should men?

At the end of the day, its YALL being ran through, and YALL being single mothers in droves. At a certain point yall have to take ownership for your decisions and values.

Being perceived as a "good dude" gets you with a woman who thought it was a good idea to have a child with a drug addict with 3 kids and 3 baby mamas.

No real man wants that.
Why do you think white women are better at picking good mates then black women?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
This is true.....Steph is :russell:to most chicks out here.Just look around social media.Maybe that's because he's linked to Ayesha, but still.

I've seen Swaggy P get 10x more "Ooh he can get it girl's" than Steph.And don't say "oh it's because he's married":shaq2:

Yep. They rather get with a JR Smith type of breh.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Basically. These black women nowadays running around thinking they can do everything hoes do and get respect like they aren't hoes because they have a job. nikkas don't care about your career.

Ain't shyt men ain't even thinking about Steph Curry. He can come out today and say real men wear suits and fukkboys will just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and keep smashing these post grad women with shytty priorities in men, dressing like the hoes fukkboys like, all the while complaining about not finding a good man.

Ayesha basically told y'all what to do and what to prioritize when it came to being a good woman, and y'all shyt on her before a single man cosigned it, and instead tried to jump on ALL men, the good ones and the bad, when really y'all meant that you want the fukkboys that get ya p*ssy juices flowing to step it up instead of doing the adult thing and changing your mindsets about what a good man looks like and does.

Basically you're all a bunch of mini-Halle Berrys deflecting your bad decisions onto her and men instead of taking any form of responsibility that you can't have it both ways. I can't sell drugs and work in corporate America, so what makes y'all think you can do hoe activities, fukk with fukkboys, and think good men that lead want anything to do with you?

Ayesha Curry lives in reality, y'all still trying to live a movie.

Thats a motherfukking lie.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Men should fellow Mr.Curry example. Nice guys will always beat bad boy types any day. So i agree with Dollfacecraze statement. :salute:

Steph only gets respect cause he got a ring and he is the best NBA shooter ever. If he was a regular dude with a regular job, he would be clowned.

boyboy

Pro
Daps
Here is something I find amazing....many BW claim BM don't respect or like them(no true). Yet here is Ayesha Curry and before anybody get crazy the woman is black, that has the universal respect of black men everywhere. So instead of striving to be like her BW tear her down. And it has nothing to do with her looks. It's all about how she carry herself. Yes the fact that she is easy on the eyes make her dateable to most guys but I see better looking women than her all the time that I don't respect.

Is it really that hard for "some" BW to act like ladies and not IG thots?

Also what I don't understand is why do BW constantly bring up how BM view guys that some may consider corny. That has nothing to do with how you as a BW view them or it shouldn't. After all you are the ones that are going to be dating them, not BM. Stop letting others influence your choices and views. Just look at BM...a lot of BW don't like Ayesha but that hasn't changed how BM feel about her. Almost all BM(of class anyway) hold her in high regard based on how she carry herself regardless of what BW think and has to say about her.

Last edited:

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
and how am I a bird brain for wanting black men to be more upstanding?

There are PLENTY of upstanding men. What you want is for the fukkboys that you like to be upstanding, which aint them and aint never gonna be them.

That's the difference.

You want more upstanding men, start using that as the primary metric for who you entertain.

You can see the priority of the black woman by the out of wedlock stats. If they prioritized upstanding men, the number would be much lower.