Why aren't men like Steph Curry

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Yes, because you're being petty without looking at other internal/external factors which might have delayed or deferred the marriage, not to mention what's most important in LeBron's case isn't the time-line itself, but the final, current result.

Furthermore, having kids before marriage doesn't signify or indicate that a father isn't a responsible parent or can't be committed partner involved in a serious relationship just as being married before having children isn't a sure fire scenario for a successful, long lasting union.

[QUOTE="Dollfacecraze, post: 18584501, member: 28229"even you don't believe this since you're using his upbringing as an excuse.

:rudy: To deny or pretend that one's upbringing & rearing doesn't directly factor into an adults mindset, decision making or judgment is not only disingenuous but asinine.[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with this. True commitment is made in the heart. It has nothing to do with a government assigned piece of paper. The only reasons a marriage certificate should be attained is for legal/ estate reasons. No one should aspire to that cheaper to keep her life.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
Yes, because you're being petty without looking at other internal/external factors which might have delayed or deferred the marriage, not to mention what's most important in LeBron's case isn't the time-line itself, but the final, current result.

Furthermore, having kids before marriage doesn't signify or indicate that a father isn't a responsible parent or can't be committed partner involved in a serious relationship just as being married before having children isn't a sure fire scenario for a successful, long lasting union.

[QUOTE="Dollfacecraze, post: 18584501, member: 28229"even you don't believe this since you're using his upbringing as an excuse.

:rudy: To deny or pretend that one's upbringing & rearing doesn't directly factor into an adults mindset, decision making or judgment is not only disingenuous but asinine.[/QUOTE]
I didn't deny it. Of course it factors into adulthood but using it as the reason why he didn't get married to savannah before having kids is an excuse. How many black boys with the same upbringing grew up to be an NBA superstar?
He chose not to get involved in the streets and put his focus on basketball.
The same way he could have chose to be married before procreating.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
:rudy: To deny or pretend that one's upbringing & rearing doesn't directly factor into an adults mindset, decision making or judgment is not only disingenuous but asinine.

I actually agree with this. True commitment is made in the heart. It has nothing to do with a government assigned piece of paper. The only reasons a marriage certificate should be attained is for legal/ estate reasons. No one should aspire to that cheaper to keep her life.[/QUOTE]
yea, I agree but that's a whole nother topic.
My problem is babies aren't seen as a huge commitment compared to marriage.
Hell even rich folks are partaking in this.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Bron has been with Savannah the entire time.....They have never broken up or lived apart

Not one sexual scandal.....no outside kids(at least none that has been credibly reported)....he has been there for his kids both monetarily and in time

Supported his wife's business ventures.....been an exemplary provider
True... But he had his kids out of wedlock, in HS, etc... Unless I'm mistaken

BUT like I said, he's definitely excellence. He upgraded the fukk out of his family... On his own. Nothing but respect. The hate for Lebron should completely come from the court. He married his HS sweetheart, never got into a scandal, never cheated (as far as we know), beat every stereotype of a black family from the hood. Trust me, I really dislike Lebron ON THE COURT. But deserves nothing but respect as a black man off of it. That's why I never tried to make it personal against him. He did what he's supposed to do as a black man from the hood...

Curry not from the same environment but he's also from excellence. Never squandered it, never disrespected the name (in fact, made it 10x's bigger), kept his faith, stick with one woman, worked hard despite his shortcomings (size, strength, etc) and became a master at his craft... More so than anyone else in history (people might disagree, but how many nikkas you know can pull-up off the dribble and hit a shot more consistently than a layup?)... They're both excellence but Lebron only gets hate of the bullshyt he did on the court. Steph has no bullshyt and never made an excuse. He just worked harder than everyone else to remodel his shot, improve his game, and became almost unguardable. Can't do shyt but respect that

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Besides, if Curry wasn't an NBA athlete would women even want him? History suggests no.

It's the Future's that are the most desirable among black women. Square's like Curry ain't getting play.