Who started the myth that money can’t buy happiness?

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Top 5 most coli posts in the past 12 months right here..... you don't have to be present to be a father to your kids if you let this nikka tell it...... boy the future aint gon be kind to yall new style nikkas..... :whew: yall aint gon make it and don't even know it....

some of y’all are just too dense

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Money can buy happiness. It doesn't always though. But it can. Money is the ultimate stress reliever.

If you gave the average person $500,000, they would definitely be happier. You can pay off debt, get a new car, go on vacation, invest some, and even take time off from your job to focus on your passions.

The only time money doesn't buy happiness is if you are born into a lot of money, as others have said.

Basically, if you have passions and dreams you care about, then money will make you happy since it can help continue doing those things.

But if you don't care about the little things in life, than money won't automatically make you happy.

Last edited:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Quality time is overrated and it’s a cop out. I’m sure if ur kids had the option of living a carefree life vs having a father who spent a lot of time with them, most would pick the carefree lifestyle.

I was watching a brief interview of Damon from shark tank where he says he wished he’d had more time to spend with his kids when they were young. But from that article I got the impression that had he been presented with the option of being worth hundreds of millions of dollars vs being the worlds best dad, he would always choose the money.

my point is. Don’t hide under that quality time bullsh1t.
Life is all about balance. You have to raise your kids too you can't just give them money. That's how you end up with people like Trump. Someone who has millions but is morally, mentally, and emotionally bankrupt

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Life is all about balance. You have to raise your kids too you can't just give them money. That's how you end up with people like Trump. Someone who has millions but is morally and mentally bankrupt

Glad you mentioned Trump. I actually hate the guy. But id be lying if I said I didn’t believe the black race needs a version of him. Someone who was rich and powerful and unapologetically pro black.

It’s black people’s inherent inclination towards wanting to be morally superior that has in large part held back blacks as a whole, in this country.

family is important but after living in the real world and enduring certain experiences, at some point, if u have a perceptive mind u need to be able to say to yourself ‘I don’t want my loved ones to ever go thru what I’ve been thru’

Since u mentioned trump. I recommend you Go read up on his history. His grandfather immigrated here from Germany. Traveled from NY all the way out to the west starting businesses wherever he saw the opportunity. This was back in early 1900s when the modes of transportation weren’t anywhere near as comfortable as they are now. Imagine traveling from New York to Maryland back then. How tiring it would be. Now imagine the dedication it took to go out west to not just seek a better life but to build businesses.

obviously he ended up succeeding and started his son, trumps dad, on the right footing. Again. This was back in the early 1900s. Yes, u can ascertain from what I’ve said so far that given the nature of his work ethic, he wasn’t the best father. Nevertheless, all that work he did back then is directly linked to the prosperous lifestyle his offsprings are currently enjoying today.

there is a caveat to this story though. That guy died early in his forty’s.

Now the black man (people like u) hears this story and says “loook he had all that money but he didn’t get to enjoy it”. But the fact remains that if it wasn’t for him, trump wouldn’t be where he is today.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
It’s black people’s inherent inclination towards wanting to be morally superior that has in large part held back blacks as a whole, in this country.
Your whole post was fire but this in particular was gospel. From forgiving CAC cops murdering our children, to trying to fight hate with love. It’s funny how much hate Diddy, Baby etc get hate for “screwing” over their artists but Jewish record label owners have been doing that to black artists for decades. Do they receive the same vitriol?

Now you could argue they don’t because they’re not in the videos a la Diddy and Baby but everyone knows Lyon Cohen, Jimmy Iovine etc.

I respect the hustle of Oprah, Jay Z, Tyler Perry and those alike. I may not like their work or some of their views personally but I respect they made millions with the odds stacked against them.

America is all about getting the bag by all means necessary but these CACs try and scold rappers for flossing when capitalism is the moral base. “Why is it all they talk about is flossing and how much money they have? Why do these athletes always go broke?” Da fukk? CACs are filing for bankruptcy almost every damn day.

They try to make it seem like it’s only black people bad with money or we’re the main scam artists. No one group had hustled the world or screwed over more people than CACs. But when Mayweather wants to floss, when Baby wants to stunt.., what do these clowns say?

“Meanwhile in Africa...” you mean the same Arica that CACs raped and pillage? Somehow it becomes their moral obligation to not be ostentatious and be “humble” because there are poor black people in a completely different continent? We expect our “activists” to be broke and not get a bag.

Im an unashamed capitalist. fukk any broke nikka or CAC who tries to make me feel guilty for conditions white people created. It’s not our job to close the wealth nor is it our moral obligation. Once we stop making capitalism synonymous with racism and realize it’s white supremacy that’s the problem, we will economically empower ourselves.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Glad you mentioned Trump. I actually hate the guy. But id be lying if I said I didn’t believe the black race needs a version of him. Someone who was rich and powerful and unapologetically pro black.
No offense but I stopped reading here. A rich, powerful, unapologeticically pro black person would be assassinated in this country. Imagine if Obama was a multi millionaire and unapologetically pro black

White America called him the antichrist when he came into office. And what's crazy is he was a moderate and family friendly. Now imagine if he was radical and pushed for reparations. Black people aren't afforded to be like Trump in America because Trump is a product of white privilege. Privilege that black people don't have

Every single pro black leader with society-shaking influence was murdered. One of the closest people we have to that now is Kaepernick. He's already gotten hundreds of death threats so that tells you all you need to know

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No offense but I stopped reading here. A rich, powerful, unapologeticically pro black person would be assassinated in this country. Imagine if Obama was a multi millionaire and unapologetically pro black

White America called him the antichrist when he came into office. And what's crazy is he was a moderate and family friendly. Now imagine if he was radical. Black people aren't afforded to be like Trump in America because Trump is a product of white privilege

Every single pro black leader with society-shaking influence was murdered. One of the closest people we have to that now is Kaepernick. He's already gotten hundreds of death threats so that tells you all you need to know

Your response to adversity is to throw up your hands in surrender or to bow ur head in submission. Not a good look.

you are not a dog. Stand up straight like a man and train your feeble mind to think manly thoughts.

the kkk was heavily popular back 100 years ago. But as modern times approached they gave the impression of dwindling when in fact they devised clandestine methods of infiltration. They infiltrated law enforcement agencies so they can legally carry out their hateful desires. They changed with the times.

you can be pro black without exposing urself. You can bank roll a lot of just causes without it being traced back to u. Just because a door closes on u doesn’t mean u can’t find alternate openings. If u die as a result of doing what u feel in your heart was right, that was ur destiny. U can’t fear death. Cause death doesn’t fear u.

You’re not out here perpetrating terror on innocent victims. You’re out here doing the right thing by removing black folks or at least your offsprings from being subjected perpetually to the role of the victimized.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Im an unashamed capitalist. fukk any broke nikka or CAC who tries to make me feel guilty for conditions white people created. It’s not our job to close the wealth nor is it our moral obligation. Once we stop making capitalism synonymous with racism and realize it’s white supremacy that’s the problem, we will economically empower ourselves.
You made a great point that capitalism isn't the enemy. I personally believe that all financial systems have pros and cons

There is no perfect philosophy. If communism was the answer then China would be the best nation in the world

The problem is white supremacy but also the institutional failures in the black community that have festered for centuries. If our ancestors were rightfully compensated for being enslaved then we wouldn't be where we are now as a race. America would've probably been taken over to keep it a buck

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Your response to adversity is to throw up your hands in surrender or to bow ur head in submission. Not a good look.

you are not a dog. Stand up straight like a man and train your feeble mind to think manly thoughts.
Are you a white man telling me how to respond to white supremacy?
:gucci:

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
Yup, always said that saying was bs. If figure the main people that started it were poor people to make themselves feel better and rich people because they probably genuinely don’t worry about it since they have so much :yeshrug:

and I’m not saying money solves 110% of problems, but, me having more money and not having to worry about going to some bum ass job I hate, being stressed about bills and having the ability to travel/explore my passions alone would remove like 80% of the stress and unhappiness from my life.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Who started the myth that money can’t buy happiness? :dahell:

Motherfukker, it definitely can and does :ufdup:

Was this idea just started by rich people to keep the middle and lower classes down. To stop them from trying to make more money for themselves?
full

I was looking back at my life. When I was poor, making like $30K a year, I was always anxious, worried, and depressed.

Every time I level up to a new salary level, my life improves. Less worry, freedom to pursue the hobbies I enjoy. Freedom to eat out at nice restaurants. The ability to take vacations and travel. Nicer material goods. More self-esteem. Better cloths and cars. Etc, etc.

fukk this conspiracy that tells us money can’t buy happiness. Money is the tool you can use to do whatever you want. Being wealthy is a freedom not many people have... maybe by design
full

It’s not a myth. Most people who say it’s myth don’t understand where it comes from. People with money always commit suicide and then you have lottery winners who will say winning the lottery was the worst thing that ever happened to them.

The only thing money does is provide you with comfort. Wouldn’t say happiness tho.