Who started the myth that money can’t buy happiness?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Also money cannot replace quality time with the people you love. Children especially. Leaving your kids with millions means nothing if you didn't spend time with them. There's a number of things money can't buy
I’m a loner type. No kids, single, super introverted. I guess that probably makes me somewhat self-centered and selfish. Maybe that plays into the idea about money making me happier. I don’t really rely on people to make me happy. :jbhmm:

Daps
True. My stepfather has end stage pancreatic cancer. He makes good money. He just retired at age 65. He learned a month ago that he’ll be gone in 2 months. He’s like on his last few weeks, all fukked up because of the cancer. Money can’t fix that issue. He’s gonna die and no amount of funds can stop that :mjcry:

Steve Jobs too. I see what you’re saying :jbhmm:

This sucks and it's horrible but this also happens to poor people as well.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This sucks and it's horrible but this also happens to poor people as well.
Very good point. And perhaps my stepfather having money allowed him to find a good doctor who may be responsible for him living 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks. I don’t know how valuable those extra 2 weeks are, but at least your alive? I dunno..

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
I’m a loner type. No kids, single, super introverted. I guess that probably makes me somewhat self-centered and selfish. Maybe that plays into the idea about money making me happier. I don’t really rely on people to make me happy. :jbhmm:
That's something I'd talk to a therapist about. There may be something deeper there to explore

Trust me I feel you. I'm an introvert too and I was a loner to the extreme growing up. Over time I discovered the reasons why and worked on resolving them. Now I'm more engaged socially than I've ever been in my life. I still enjoy time alone but it's different now

Daps
Very good point. And perhaps my stepfather having money allowed him to find a good doctor who may be responsible for him living 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks. I don’t know how valuable those extra 2 weeks are, but at least your alive? I dunno..[/QUOTE

Exactly. Your stepfather's resources and wealth give him a fighting chance or at least have some creature of comforts in his final days whereas his poor counterpart will die in a far more distressing situation.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Who started the myth that money can’t buy happiness? :dahell:

Motherfukker, it definitely can and does :ufdup:

Was this idea just started by rich people to keep the middle and lower classes down. To stop them from trying to make more money for themselves?
full

I was looking back at my life. When I was poor, making like $30K a year, I was always anxious, worried, and depressed.

Every time I level up to a new salary level, my life improves. Less worry, freedom to pursue the hobbies I enjoy. Freedom to eat out at nice restaurants. The ability to take vacations and travel. Nicer material goods. More self-esteem. Better cloths and cars. Etc, etc.

fukk this conspiracy that tells us money can’t buy happiness. Money is the tool you can use to do whatever you want. Being wealthy is a freedom not many people have... maybe by design
full

Your happiness is conditional. That’s not true happiness.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That's something I'd talk to a therapist about. There may be something deeper there to explore

Trust me I feel you. I'm an introvert too and I was a loner to the extreme growing up. Over time I discovered the reasons why and worked on resolving them. Now I'm more engaged socially than I've ever been in my life. I still enjoy time alone but it's different now
I have an additional problem though. I was super into drugs and alcohol. It made me fun to be around and I enjoyed hanging out with people. But, it got out of hand and I had to get sober. The thing is, from like ages 16-35 I used drugs and alcohol to be social. I can’t do that anymore, and I don’t know how to hang out with people sober. I’m also on some anti-psychotics for bi-polar, which dulls everything, so there are no more extreme highs or lows.

Anyway, I just want to be by myself. I am talking to people on the internet though. That probably means I do want some social life. I have to explore this idea more :jbhmm:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Money can make things easier in life but being happy is something a person has to work on every day. I don’t think money can make someone happy without a support system like a family, wife, children etc. problems are a part of life and it’s not always avoidable. Money don’t always fix those issues either.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also money cannot replace quality time with the people you love. Children especially. Leaving your kids with millions means nothing if you didn't spend time with them. There's a number of things money just can't buy
Quality time is overrated and it’s a cop out. I’m sure if ur kids had the option of living a carefree life vs having a father who spent a lot of time with them, most would pick the carefree lifestyle.

I was watching a brief interview of Damon from shark tank where he says he wished he’d had more time to spend with his kids when they were young. But from that article I got the impression that had he been presented with the option of being worth hundreds of millions of dollars vs being the worlds best dad, he would always choose the money.

my point is. Don’t hide under that quality time bullsh1t.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quality time is overrated and it’s a cop out. I’m sure if ur kids had the option of living a carefree life vs having a father who spent a lot of time with them, most would pick the carefree lifestyle.

:mjlol:

Top 5 most coli posts in the past 12 months right here..... you don't have to be present to be a father to your kids if you let this nikka tell it...... boy the future aint gon be kind to yall new style nikkas..... :whew: yall aint gon make it and don't even know it....