Went to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for the 1st time this weekend

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cheaper than Farmers Markets?! I dont know about that...In Chicago their prices are pretty high.
organic fruits and veggies are high across the board, you cant avoid that anywhere you go.

and I try my best not to eat non grass fed/organic meat.
Thats just me though.

In my area farmers markets are much cheaper. And organic produce is a waste of money anyway.

:wtf:And why do you try NOT to eat organic/grass fed meat

You're going about it all wrong. The meat is worth the extra money from a taste/nutrition standpoint.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
In my area farmers markets are much cheaper. And organic produce is a waste of money anyway.

:wtf:And why do you try NOT to eat organic/grass fed meat

You're going about it all wrong. The meat is worth the extra money from a taste/nutrition standpoint.
nahh, I said I dont fukk w/ meat that is not organic/grass fed.

Some veggies/fruit's should be organic. Thinks that grow underground, or have a thin skin should be organic.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
whole foods is good for free-range animal products, if youre really into that. thats it

everything else you can hit up a local farmers market and come up, i mean really come up, for less than $20

you can also save a lot of money by making shyt at home. i saw a jar of raw almond butter in whole foods for $14. i can make twice as much at home for $6

imho, if youre really not about that life you dont have any business in whole foods anyway

Daps
Reppin
NULL
More expensive =/= better quality

Whole foods is overpriced. The produce isn't any better than other grocery stores and is sometimes worse. Local farmers markets are the best and cheapest for produce.

bullshyt. whole foods produce is top of the line.

But then again you can find quality seafood and meat at Costco for way cheaper. So thre really is no need to waste money at Whole foods,unless you're there for the pawgs.

cost co doesn't sell organic grain fed meat.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
In the GAWD city aka Mecca, Columblessed, Ohio:blessed:

Trader Joe's was cool, but :damn: @ most of those prices in Whole Foods.

A dozen eggs for $5.19:what:??????

I can get a dozen eggs out of Kroger for $1.59:why:

I bet them muthafukkaz dont even accept food stamps:pacspit:

The bright side is there are no ghetto ass kids running around their stores:ehh:

Smells good as hell in there too. Especially where that buffet lookin section is at. :noah:

All I bought me was some walnuts and some honey almond cereal.

shyt is just too fukkin expensive for black ppl to be shoppin at.

I dont know if trader joes does, but I know for a FACT that whole foods takes food stamps. most fast food joints out here let you use fast food. and yeah whole foods pricing is just asking to get raped.

I fukks with trader joes tho :ahh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
bullshyt. whole foods produce is top of the line.
Top price. But quality not so much

cost co doesn't sell organic grain fed meat.

They sell fresh non-farmed seafood. And some of their meats are organic, but regardless of grass fed/organic status their meats are quality and a good price.

Saying something is organic does not make it better for you.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
More expensive =/= better quality

Whole foods is overpriced. The produce isn't any better than other grocery stores and is sometimes worse. Local farmers markets are the best and cheapest for produce.

I will say that some of the meat and seafood are worth the extra money. Things like wild salmon and the grass fed beef:ohlawd:

But then again you can find quality seafood and meat at Costco for way cheaper. So thre really is no need to waste money at Whole foods,unless you're there for the pawgs.

costco has good meat and seafood. I agree. but even with four people in my family eating, the amount of meat u get in bulk is usually too much. I do LOVE getting the boneless chicken breast from costco, cuz its very reasonably priced, plus each breast is vacuum sealed so they will last forever in ur freezer.

costco also has good vegetables and fruit depending on the time of year. when summer hits, they ALWAYS have the best deals on fruits like rasberries, strawberries, and blueberries. which are fruits that my entire family LOVES. they also sell a big tub of spinach that's seperated from the bunch and clean already. that shyt is piff as well.

my moms stay going to whole foods, and she be buying fruit when its off season at the regular grocery store cuz whole foods still has it. and sometimes that shyt be :scusthov: too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Believe me I thought the same shyt but I couldn't fake, them 6.00 eggs had me right. Put them dollar bullshyts to shame. :noah:

I didn't wanna believe it either...Those 6 dollar eggs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2.00 eggs.

The yolks be straight up orange like real eggs straight from the chicken's nest...

And the taste...:ohlawd:

I mostly get just meats from there. I got a farmer to get my eggs and butter from now.....

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I love Whole foods but they are pricey. I only go there for fresh fruits but always end up getting more sh!t and next thing i know I have $80 worth of sh!t in a tiny little shopping bag

Daps
Reppin
NULL

They sell fresh non-farmed seafood. And some of their meats are organic, but regardless of grass fed/organic status their meats are quality and a good price.

Not top quality compared to who?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mindblown:

you're wrong. organic means it is free from hormones and pesticides, which naturally makes consumption healthier.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo I bet Whole Foods is littered with white MILFS. :ohhh:

:lawd: I need to go check it out one day. It'll be a good change from all the Opa Locka ratchets that roamed Publix and Wal Mart when me and my mom used to go grocery shopping. :huhldup: