Went to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for the 1st time this weekend

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Yo I bet Whole Foods is littered with white MILFS.

:lawd: I need to go check it out one day. It'll be a good change from all the Opa Locka ratchets that roamed Publix and Wal Mart when me and my mom used to go grocery shopping. :huhldup:

Check out my post above yours :pachaha:

Dem MILFS are on another level. F*ck those wore out Walmart, Publix, and Food Lion womenz :yayo:

Organic food stores and Trader Joe's....yes:jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Other grocery stores. And farmers markets especially.

The qaulity is better than most chain grocery stores by far....Publix produce is good....but not better

There is 3 organic stores in about a 10 mile stretch where I work and only one has better produce than whole foods, but its extremely limited in quantity...

The one with the better produce is slightly more expensive than whole foods, but that's because of their location I'm guessing

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mindblown:

you're wrong. organic means it is free from hormones and pesticides, which naturally makes consumption healthier.

Nope organic growers do use pesticides. They are just deemed organic or natural pesticides but they are still harmful to your health and the environment. In fact "sytnthetic" pesticides were created in order to reduces adverse health effects and environmental impact, so in some ways they are safer.

And regardless of any of that, studies have shown that there are no real health benefits to organic foods, and the amount of chemicals/hormones you get from food organic or otherwise is negligable and doesn't effect your health in any way.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The qaulity is better than most chain grocery stores by far....Publix produce is good....but not better

There is 3 organic stores in about a 10 mile stretch where I work and only one has better produce than whole foods, but its extremely limited in quantity...

The one with the better produce is slightly more expensive than whole foods, but that's because of their location I'm guessing

Can't speak on other areas but this is not the case in mine. You have just as much of a chance of getting some old or not so good produce from whole foods as anywhere else, and whole foods is ALWAYS more expensive.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I went to Aldi's yesterday and got a 4lb bag of oranges for $1.50. You CANNOT beat that. And they're good too. :ahh:

And before you hate on Aldi, Aldi and Trader Joes are both the same company ownership :youngsabo:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I never understood people being cheap about what they put into their body.
Thats the last thing you should penny pinch on.

In every city I've lived in, I can take you to place that have better than or equal quality foods as whole foods for less, price has nothing to do with it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Not top quality compared to who?
Wegmans on the east coast
Mariano's out here (Chicago) and a few small local shops have better produce
Reading terminal and farmers markets in Philly
Farmers markets in NYC
California has too many stores/choices that are better than WF, go to Berkeley Bowl you can seriously get an entire shopping cart worth of freshly farmed produce (like anything you can think of...they got more exotic shyt than WF) for around $20.
:mindblown:

you're wrong. organic means it is free from hormones and pesticides, which naturally makes consumption healthier.
There have been study upon study that has proven that organic, especially for certain foods, provide few to no greater benefits than traditionally farmed foods. I agree on the meats, but you can go to specialty or locally sourced shops for grass fed, free range meats

Boy C

SPC
Daps
Central Market for 80% of my groceries and Whole Foods for the rest.
central_market_across_street.jpg

img9024fo.jpg

Whole Foods is catered to more organic products but Central Market is more higher end. CM has organics too, but not as much as WF. Central Market doe, my favorite grocery store ever. Where the wealthy people shop :jawalrus:

Trader Joe's, went there once and never went back. Keep that in California :ld:

Edit: I buy smaller items at Kroger or Randalls as well, but I don't consider them "groceries."