Went to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for the 1st time this weekend

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Making sure you buy fresh food from a reputable source is much more important than looking for an "organic" label.

Large "organic" farms cut corners just like everyone else. An organic label just mean your spending more money. Not that your eating more healthy

the mechanic

Greasy philosophy
Daps
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFc1pr2yUU]Whole Foods Parking Lot - Music Video [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

I buy all my Tea,coffee,vitamins and supplements at wholefoods ...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wegmans on the east coast
Mariano's out here (Chicago) and a few small local shops have better produce
Reading terminal and farmers markets in Philly
Farmers markets in NYC
California has too many stores/choices that are better than WF, go to Berkeley Bowl you can seriously get an entire shopping cart worth of freshly farmed produce (like anything you can think of...they got more exotic shyt than WF) for around $20.

There have been study upon study that has proven that organic, especially for certain foods, provide few to no greater benefits than traditionally farmed foods. I agree on the meats, but you can go to specialty or locally sourced shops for grass fed, free range meats

So basically, the stores you are referring too are specialty stores in a sense, or locally owned. I can dig that?

We only have a handful in my vicinity, but the farmer's market near my hood has went down in quality over the last 5 years...

There are other farmer markets/co-ops that have popped up in the more affluent areas and their produce is superior, but its out of the way unless I just make a plan to visit one of those spots exclusively....

The whole foods in my area buys a lot of local produce from local farmers, but most of it appears to be from out of state, or even the country depending on what it is...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Making sure you buy fresh food from a reputable source is much more important than looking for an "organic" label.

Large "organic" farms cut corners just like everyone else. An organic label just mean your spending more money. Not that your eating more healthy

^^Truth^^

And I believe corporations have lobbied to make the term "organic" more ambiguous...

It's also costs extra to have food labeled as organic, and mostly only big time sellers can afford to have their food labeled as organic..

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I had 2 cousins that worked at Whole Foods and they will tell you that it's high but it's worth it. I go in there from time to time with my daughter. I try to go there for my meats and produce. Most of the other stuff I can get from somewhere else.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I had 2 cousins that worked at Whole Foods and they will tell you that it's high but it's worth it. I go in there from time to time with my daughter. I try to go there for my meats and produce. Most of the other stuff I can get from somewhere else.

They work there. What else are they supposed to say? :what:

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
They work there. What else are they supposed to say? :what:
That's my family so they wouldn't tell me no scripted shyt!! One of them worked in the meat department and his sister worked in the deli. If some shyt was going down, Do you really think they would tell me to get my shyt from there. You think your family would have you fukked up like that??????

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
That's my family so they wouldn't tell me no scripted shyt!! One of them worked in the meat department and his sister worked in the deli. If some shyt was going down, Do you really think they would tell me to get my shyt from there. You think your family would have you fukked up like that??????

I'm not saying they would let you or anyone get hurt. I'm talking about them repping the quality of the product and saying "it's worth it"

There is is big difference between "it's good but not worth it all that money" and "for your own safety i'd advise you to shop elsewhere"

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I'm not saying they would let you or anyone get hurt. I'm talking about them repping the quality of the product and saying "it's worth it"

There is is big difference between "it's good but not worth it all that money" and "for your own safety i'd advise you to shop elsewhere"
When I went in there and saw them in there I was like, "man this shyt high as giraffe p*ssy". He was like, "I know but some of the stuff is worth it". I was like, "what"? And then he went on to say what was good to buy and worth it and what you could get that was just as good for cheaper. That's what I was saying.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of broke nikkas in here making excuses for why they don't shop at whole foods. You're lying if you claim the quality of food there isn't better than what you'll find, on average, at your standard grocer. Foh.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
But the b!tches in Whole Foods and Trader Joe's :lawd:

The housewife/soccer mom/MILFS be on point......and Trader Joe's cookie butter :blessed:

And Trader Joe's ain't really expensive at all to me :manny:

the trader joe's I go to is right across the street from whole foods. I dont even fukk with the whole foods tho. trader joe's is only SLIGHTLy more expensive than the regular grocery store. but it's cheap in comparision to whole foods.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
They starting to build a rack of harris teeters(real slept on spot) out here, most of them have starbucks and lounge areas to eat....so it aint nothing to see fine MILFS and young 9-5 professionals, but overall its a real mixed crowd....MOF i just bagged this thick ass metro bytch the other day, she was bowlegged too:ohlawd: can't wait....

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I might have to hit up Wegmans on the way home :oh Lawd: