The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Nahmeanz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no to scalper prices but a PS5 is definitely worth it especially if you have backlog of ps4 games you would like to play. The loading speeds and silence from the ps5 :noah:

I got mine at retail. But my friend lives in a country that only gets about 500 units a month.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
no to scalper prices but a PS5 is definitely worth it especially if you have backlog of ps4 games you would like to play. The loading speeds and silence from the ps5 :noah:

I haven't noticed faster speeds on PS4 games. but then again, all my PS4 games are on an external drive. not the internal.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Fits in better with the black plates.

image0.jpg

image0-1.jpg
where did u get ur plates? and how much were they?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
where did u get ur plates? and how much were they?
hmm it won't let me link amazon.

Search this on Amazon. They are like 40$.

Benazcap for PS5 Faceplate, Hard Shockproof Playstation 5 Plates PS5 Face Plate Cover Shell Skin Case, ABS PS5 Console Plate Replacement PS5 Side Plate, Accessories for PS5 Plates Black (Disc Version)

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I haven't noticed faster speeds on PS4 games. but then again, all my PS4 games are on an external drive. not the internal.
I was in the middle of Uncharted 4 when my PS5 came in. When i saw it took less than 10 seconds to load the chapters i threw that ps4 pro in the closet. Makes me want to play rdr2 again. that game was terrible at loading and noise on the ps4 pro.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I was in the middle of Uncharted 4 when my PS5 came in. When i saw it took less than 10 seconds to load the chapters i threw that ps4 pro in the closet. Makes me want to play rdr2 again. that game was terrible at loading and noise on the ps4 pro.
I beat rdr2 recently. I didn't notice it loading faster or anything.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There’s no way i could go back to ps4 after this, having short/instant loading times alone is way too big a QoL feature, you can load into games in a matter of seconds from boot

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hmm it won't let me link amazon.

Search this on Amazon. They are like 40$.

Benazcap for PS5 Faceplate, Hard Shockproof Playstation 5 Plates PS5 Face Plate Cover Shell Skin Case, ABS PS5 Console Plate Replacement PS5 Side Plate, Accessories for PS5 Plates Black (Disc Version)

I might fukk with this…I wanted to fukk with dark plates but the turn around time is too slow

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s no way i could go back to ps4 after this, having short/instant loading times alone is way too big a QoL feature, you can load into games in a matter of seconds from boot

was never gonna happen for me…only console I find myself going back to is the PS3…it’s criminal tho that the dualsense 5 doesn’t work well with it on a basic scale…I’m not expecting haptic feedback/adaptive trigger support but the damn start/home buttons don’t even work

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

We are investing in our external development group out of Tokyo as well, and that's a team that has obviously worked with the likes of From Software and Kojima Productions. So we are very invested in Japanese development and Japanese development is something that we love ... I think it's such a core part of the PlayStation identity that I can't ever see us shy away from Japanese or even Asian development.""

Hulst says that while PlayStation games have had great success on PC, the console versions still are the priority and games will hit there first. "Typically, there have been about two years between the release on our platform and the PC platform," he says. "But you can rely on us to continue to create platform-defining exclusive content for PlayStation – that's part of the reason why we exist. It's really important for us to squeeze the maximum out of the platform, to build showcases for the platform, and really let the audience see what these great features are contributing to the overall experience."

In Hulst's eyes, what makes a good, interesting game is in line with what PlayStation excels at. "I say this as the head of PlayStation Studios, and that's kind of the games we're known for – a very meticulously crafted, beautifully directed story that takes place in a world that is really inviting to spend time in," he says. "That's some of the most joy I've had in games. That definitely speaks to that single-player, narrative-driven, character-based experience that I've worked on a lot myself, that I now work on with a lot of the great studios at PlayStation Studios."

"I encourage our teams to be fiercely daring in their choices, and they are, but it also means that I have to back them," he says. "I think that our teams have been really brave, and that that's not just with entire franchise pivots, but it's also going into Norse mythology on God of War, it's The Last of Us Part II's narrative structure and creating an experience that is incredibly compelling but not necessarily comfortable for the player at all times. I back that; I want us to push the envelope and seek the boundaries of our medium and the state of the art of storytelling. I think that is why we do what we do with PlayStation."

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Are your PS4 games on the internal hard drive?