"Yeah, at $700 the PS5 Pro is expensive for a console, but I spent more than double that on my GPU alone"-PC Gamer

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is what confuses me about the Sony dudes.

A new console isn't more than 3 year away for them. Spending 700 bucks to play slightly improved games knowing it'll be time to upgrade yet again in a few years is wild.

If you don't have a pS5 at all that's different otherwise.... :heh:
Spending 700 bucks to play (in your own words/uninformed opinion) "slightly improved games" is wild to you because reason being that in a few more years(2027 the earliest/2028 latest) there will exist a next gen console.

However, it's not wild to you to pay $900~$2000 for a GPU to play "slightly improved games"(I can make this baseless claim too you know!) knowing it'll be time to upgrade literally the following year and so forth. Why is the latter never mentioned? Why is it dumb to upgrade a console 4 years after launch but not dumb to upgrade a GPU every time a new one comes out which is almost yearly?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spending 700 bucks to play slightly improved games is wild to you because in a few more years(3/4 years possibly) there will exist a next gen console.

However, it's not wild to you to pay $1500 for a GPU to play slightly improved games knowing it'll be time to upgrade literally the following year and so forth. Why is the latter never mentioned? Why is it dumb to upgrade a console but not dumb to upgrade a GPU every time a new one comes out?

I don't care about this whole PC specs debate, that's something y'all are trying to use to rationalize spending more money for marginal upgrades.

At one point in time you all wouldn't have even had this conversation because "PlayStation 1st party exclusives are only on the PlayStation console", and that would be the reason why you're spending 800 again 4 years later or less after spending 500, and will spend 800 or more again in another 3 to 4 years. :mjlol:

Now y'all debating with PC dudes about how a PS5pro is a better deal than a PC because PlayStation exclusives all make their way to PC :francis:

It's always something... :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about this whole PC specs debate, that's something y'all are trying to use to rationalize spending more money for marginal upgrades.

At one point in time you all wouldn't have even had this conversation because "PlayStation 1st party exclusives are only on the PlayStation console", and that's why you're spending 800 again 4 years later or less after spending 500, and will spend 800 or more again in another 3 to 4 years. :mjlol:

Now y'all debating with PC dudes about how a PS5pro is a better deal than a PC :francis:

It's always something... :manny:
I asked you a simple question and you diverted into something else about not caring about specs debates and whatnot. I don't either seeing as how I have a moderately good gaming PC so I have no biases in that regard since I can play games fairly well on my current rig.

The bold text here is nonsensical babble so I won't even try to understand it.

Again, why is it dumb to upgrade a console 4 years later for a supposed "slight" upgrade but not the same to spend WAY more almost every year for"slight" upgrades on new graphics cards that release almost yearly?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I asked you a simple question and you diverted into something else about not caring about specs debates and whatnot. I don't either seeing as how I have a moderately good gaming PC so I have no biases in that regard since I can play games fairly well on my current rig.

The bold text here is nonsensical babble so I won't even try to understand it.

Again, why is it dumb to upgrade a console 4 years later for a supposed "slight" upgrade but not the same to spend WAY more almost every year for"slight" upgrades on new graphics cards that release almost yearly?
The bolded it is not babble, Sony stans have never debated back and forth with PC players, if anything the last 4 years Sony stans claimed PC and PlayStation is all you needed.

Now that PlayStation exclusives are dropping sooner and sooner on PC and running them better, the I'll just get it on PC applies to Sony stans also.

Why get a pro when I can just upgrade my PC or buy a PC?

As far as why it is dumb to spend close to a grand on a mid gen refresh instead of getting a PC, a PC initial investment would be higher, but you also don't have to buy everything at that moment.

You could play on your reg ole PS5, use the 800 to start building your PC and by this time next year have something that blows the pro out the water, and you'll finish around the time whatever PS5 exclusive that came out, has released or about to release soon.

The only time this doesn't matter is of you are like me and just don't want to console game on PC most of not all the time

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The bolded it is not babble, Sony stans have never debated back and forth with PC players, if anything the last 4 years Sony stans claimed PC and PlayStation is all you needed.

Now that PlayStation exclusives are dropping sooner and sooner on PC and running them better, the I'll just get it on PC applies to Sony stans also.

As far as why it is dumb to spend close to a grand on a mid gen refresh instead of getting a PC, a PC initial investment would be higher, but you also don't have to buy everything at that moment.

You could play on your reg ole PS5, use the 800 to start building your PC and by this time next year have something that blows the pro out the water, and you'll finish around the time whatever PS5 exclusive that came out, has released or about to release soon.

The only time this doesn't matter is of you are like me and just don't want to console game on PC most of not all the time

You just ramblin. :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The bolded it is not babble, Sony stans have never debated back and forth with PC players, if anything the last 4 years Sony stans claimed PC and PlayStation is all you needed

It's babble because these games that are dropping "sooner and sooner' on PC are literally often 2+ years away on average.

Ratchet and Clank dropped in June 2021, one of my favorite PS5 games. We didn't even know it was coming to PC until sometime in 2023 and it dropped in July 2023 making it over 2 years. Horizon was 2+ years later, Ghosts 4 years, Uncharted 4/TLL 5/6 years, Ragnarok 2 years, Returnal 2 years, VII Remake 1yr 8 months for Epic games Store, 2 years to get on Steam.

Same with almost every other first party title. Outside of some GAAS titles like Flopcord and Helldivers 2, day 1 PS5/PC drops aren't really happening. Exceptions seem to be things like an old Remake(Until Dawn) and TLOU Part 1 remake which didn't take 1 year to drop on PC but then that was a remake of a game that came out over 10+ years ago. There's still some franchises not on PC yet from the PS4 library and a few PS5 titles that hasn't dropped on PC yet either(Demon's Souls, GT7, TLOU 2 Remastered.) Hell, Crash Team Racing isn't even on PC and I still play that.

My GOTY Rebirth dropped in February, that game may drop on PC sometime next year if possible. Why would I, a big fan of that wait 1 year+ possibly to play it?

2 years later with no confirmation often is not my idea of "I'll just get it on PC" vs Xbox having games dropping day 1 everywhere. There is no comparison here. If I were not a fan of any first party Sony titles, I wouldn't even care about waiting bu

because the same it's "stupid" and "dumb" to upgrade my console for "slightly" better graphics is the same way it's dumb to upgrade my GPU for "slightly" better graphics while spending MORE money to still wait.

GTA 6 not even dropping on PC day 1. That's automatically a huge L.

Even dumber to "buy a PC" leaving behind all of your games and stuff you've invested in over the years.

If Sony announced tomorrow that every game going forward is dropping day 1 on PC, the "just build a gaming PC" arguments would have a bit more weight to them and now would just be a matter of wanting to stay on consoles for convenience.

Getting a PC that cost way more(double or even more) to get "slightly" better graphics than a PS5 Pro that I already got games for is not a smart idea. What makes you think someone wants to do that? Again everything you say about it being not worthwhile can be applied to the PC.

So now I'm chipping away at some PC budget all the way up into next year, skipping games that I can enjoy now with the Pro, with the convenience of it being a console and not having to miss out on a game that I want to play NOW. What part of that do you not understand?

I game on what I feel like at any given moment. I prefer COD on PC, and most multiplats. The exclusives which come out often, if someone followed what you suggested would have someone sitting as of today missing out on Rebirth, Stellar Blade, Astro Bot, Spider-Man 2 and they would've just got access to Ghosts of Tsushuma after waiting 4 years :mjlol:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's babble because these games that are dropping "sooner and sooner' on PC are literally often 2+ years away on average.

Ratchet and Clank dropped in June 2021, one of my favorite PS5 games. We didn't even know it was coming to PC until sometime in 2023 and it dropped in July 2023 making it over 2 years. Same with almost every other first party title.

My GOTY Rebirth dropped in February, that game may drop on PC sometime next year if possible. Why would I, a big fan of that wait 1 year+ possibly to play it?

2 years later with no confirmation often is not my idea of "I'll just get it on PC" vs Xbox having games dropping day 1 everywhere. There is no comparison here. If I were not a fan of any first party Sony titles, I wouldn't even care about waiting bu

because the same it's "stupid" and "dumb" to upgrade my console for "slightly" better graphics is the same way it's dumb to upgrade my GPU for "slightly" better graphics while spending MORE money. Even dumber to "buy a PC" leaving behind all of your games and stuff you've invested in over the years.

Getting a PC that cost way more(double or even more) to get "slightly" better graphics than a PS5 Pro that I already got games for is not a smart idea. What makes you think someone wants to do that? Again everything you say about it being not worthwhile can be applied to the PC.

So now I'm chipping away at some PC budget all the way up into next year, skipping games that I can enjoy now with the Pro, with the convenience of it being a console and not having to miss out on a game that I want to play NOW. What part of that do you not understand?

I game on what I feel like at any given moment. I prefer COD on PC, and most multiplats. The exclusives which come out often, if someone followed what you suggested would have someone sitting as of today missing out on Rebirth, Stellar Blade, Astro Bot, Spider-Man 2 and they would've just got access to Ghosts of Tsushuma after waiting 4 years :mjlol:

I've said multiple times if you don't have a system the pro is fine, so most of what you talking about is moot.

If you have a PS5 and want a pro then you might as well invest the 800 in a existing PC or start building a new one.

Getting a pro seems like a huge waste of money unless the PS6 ain't coming for at least another 4 years at the

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've said multiple times if you don't have a system the pro is fine, so most of what you talking about is moot.

If you have a PS5 and want a pro then you might as well invest the 800 in a existing PC or start building a new one.

Getting a pro seems like a huge waste of money unless the PS6 ain't coming for at least another 4 years at the
At this point, you're being deliberately obtuse. :hhh:

I have a gaming PC, not for the same reason I have a PS5.
"Just put 800 into your PC or start building a new one"
Then when I do that, I now have to start a whole new library of games because I can't just convert PS5 games to PC out of thin air. Nobody mentions this. How am I going to play Rebirth or Astrobot? Or my games I already own? Just buy it again?

The argument you're making is actually BETTER for someone with an Xbox? Why?

Play anywhere.

If you're some guy playing shyt on Game Pass or bought lots of play anywhere enabled games, you can switch to PC without really losing much. So if anything, Xbox players are better tailored for the argument you're making but I'm sure you see nothing wrong with getting a $600 limited edition Series X just because it's 2TB.:mjlol:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At this point, you're being deliberately obtuse. :hhh:

I have a gaming PC, not for the same reason I have a PS5.
"Just put 800 into your PC or start building a new one"
Then when I do that, I now have to start a whole new library of games because I can't just convert PS5 games to PC out of thin air. Nobody mentions this. How am I going to play Rebirth or Astrobot? Or my games I already own? Just buy it again?

The argument you're making is actually BETTER for someone with an Xbox? Why?

Play anywhere.

If you're some guy playing shyt on Game Pass or bought lots of play anywhere enabled games, you can switch to PC without really losing much. So if anything, Xbox players are better tailored for the argument you're making but I'm sure you see nothing wrong with getting a $600 limited edition Series X just because it's 2TB.:mjlol:
What? Your not getting rid of your PS5 at that point so you don't need to covert old games.... Just play them on the reg PS5 you didn't have a problem playing then when they released, and you shouldn't have a problem playing them after the pro releases.

The point is you could use that money to invest in building a new PC or upgrading the one you have while still enjoying your games and not having to wait if you so choose.

And no getting a 2tb series X is pointless also if you already have a series X. Spend 125 and get the 1TB plug and play SSD and call it a day.

And the only way this is a good deal is if you don't have a series X at all

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And no getting a 2tb series X is pointless also if you already have a series X. Spend 125 and get the 1TB plug and play SSD and call it a day.

And the only way this is a good deal is if you don't have a series X at all

Equating more storage to an actual power upgrade (that also has more storage) :russ:

You should take your own advice and upgrade your pc instead of buying multiple gaming consoles. You spent over 1200 dollars on gaming consoles this generation, you sound dumb telling someone to get a pc instead of upgrading.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Equating more storage to an actual power upgrade (that also has more storage) :russ:

:comeon: he was suggesting that Im good with the 600 Xbox... I'm not. And the only difference in the 500 and 600 Xbox is the art and the extra TB of space

You should take your own advice and upgrade your pc instead of buying multiple gaming consoles. You spent over 1200 dollars on gaming consoles this generation, you sound dumb telling someone to get a pc instead of upgrading.
You sounding salty

:umad:

Reality is it's a dumb purchase unless you a fanboy and it only encourages Sony to keep doing what they are doing.

But your true stan colors are showing and you ain't worried about none of that, hopefully other folks have some common sense and don't support this foolishness

:manny: