The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

A surprise new update gets PS5 and Xbox Series X running at 60 frames per second in their high resolution modes - up from 30fps on last-gen. PS5 has the upper-hand in performance here though thanks to a move to 4K checkerboard rendering - while Series X pushes a higher quality image. Tom investigates the pros and cons of each.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i8TUm74.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

PlayStation 5 exclusives dominated the UK boxed charts this week, taking the first, second and third spot.

The best selling-game of the week was Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut. The updated and upgraded version of last year's hit action game also saw a re-release on PS4, but 91% of sales were for the PS5 version.
This was followed very closely by Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. The PS5 exclusive rose eight places thanks to a 105% increase in sales week-on-week.

Third spot belongs to a game from the same developer as Ratchet & Clank -- Spider-Man: Miles Morales -- which saw a 92% sales spike, taking the game to No.3.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is what I wish no man’s sky gameplay was similar to. I hate the constant resource extraction after awhile. You have to look shyt up.

I forgot about this and pragmata…still on the fence about this after the video…would be dope if this is a PS+ game next month so I can try it out

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s essential tbh. Especially since if you purchase a controller separately it doesn’t come with a USB-C wire to charge the controller.

2 controllers and a charging station per console have been a standard the last 3 gens…the switch being the exception cuz the battery life on the pro controller is insane plus I didn’t really game on it for long periods of time outside of BOTW

*edit*

actually no I’m mistaken about the switch…I had 2 pro controllers and a nyko charging station but remembered it being a waste of money tho for the reasons I stated above…I did end up selling the extra controller and the charging station