Richard Leadbetter thinks a PC on the power level of the PS5 Pro would cost "a fair a bit more", says the RTX 4070 would be the closest equivalent GPU

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
my man you 40 years old with 3 kids crashing out over a kid toy. You going hard for some shyt that your young kids are excited about... think about that, as a grown man, why are you invested this much into this kid toy ?

a kid toy

Now we goal posts moving about life.

Don't have 3 kids at all, why we making up shyt? :skip:

why it bothers yall so much that people wanna invest in this is retarded. your gaming pc isn't a "toy"? Or we doing the Red from Friday "that's different". And before the ole, well it's a regular computer too argument, I have a MacBook I copped 2 years ago.

Getting mad over what some find as a value to purchase is goofy as hell. I don't want to pay more to put together a gaming PC that will be on par or better than a PS5 pro. I want to buy, plug in and play....for CHEAPER than a PC and have the best versions of PS5 games I play. That's it.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
and then when you decide to buy a better GPU and your power supply and mobo aren't good enough to handle it? :ld:

even if you max out on the best GPU in your example that fits the setup you built, is it still cheaper and easier than a plug and play console who's power might still be better? Can't ignore the overhead of Windows running as well.

If you want the absolute best, you 100% go PC, but in doing so, the cost will also be much higher.

you are not getting the equivalent of what is in a PS5 Pro in a gaming PC for the same price. not even close. cats want people to turn into MacGuyver and comeup shuffle craiglist been good to a nikka shop for parts and shyt to come close. Cmon dog, gotta stop the cap.

New PC builders should consult someone or do their research in buying an adequate PSU and motherboard to help prevent this. Of course you will eventually need a new PSU/motherboard (basically of course you will eventually need a new PC) but you can let it carry you en entire consoles life cycle if you get the right stuff.

I can plug a 4070 into by PC I built in 2016 if I wanted to, and 2 years from now the PS5 Pro is probably still going to be $700, while they are going to have a lower power, smaller equivalent of a 4070 out. (maybe not, but that's usually how these things go)

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I got a gaming PC that is way more expensive than a $700 and you can still consider it somewhat outdated if you want to maximize. A lot of these idiots who make the talking point also then talk about buying used parts lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got a gaming PC that is way more expensive than a $700 and you can still consider it somewhat outdated if you want to maximize. A lot of these idiots who make the talking point also then talk about buying used parts lol.

I can’t wait for some idiots to take the bait and really try and put a equivalent pc together with 700 dollars

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:It’s obvious that Sony right now are up their own asses. But people are lying to themselves and others. Saying that they can build a 700$ or less pc. On the same level or stronger than a pro. If you want to boycott the price that’s cool. But spreading these bs budget builds is crazy. Big ups to the homie Hard8…pause

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:yeshrug:It’s obvious that Sony right now are up their own asses. But people are lying to themselves and others. Saying that they can build a 700$ or less pc. On the same level or stronger than a pro. If you want to boycott the price that’s cool. But spreading these bs budget builds is crazy. Big ups to the homie Hard8…pause

Spoken like a true pc mustard race weirdo :deadrose:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The money spent would go further as parts of it would carry over to the next build and it can do more than a game console. No paying for online multi-player, games available on multiple digital store fronts that compete in price.

You'd spend more upfront and less long term and have a better upgrade path.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The money spent would go further as parts of it would carry over to the next build and it can do more than a game console. No paying for online multi-player, games available on multiple digital store fronts that compete in price.

You'd spend more upfront and less long term and have a better upgrade path.

Or you can just trade in your console when you’re done with it like people ahve been doing for over 20 years

Yall are wasting your breath, no one here convinced they’re getting a pro model console this generation is gonna get a computer instead :mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
PC gaming community like every other community are the worst :mjlol: They're NO different than the "Sony stans" they love to bytch about. All the hoopla over the Pro is just insecurity. All throughout the gen it was you can get a build that was cheaper/same price as the PS5 that will smoke it to now essentially almost $2K builds to play a game with a bit more P's as they call it.
Them: PS5 to PS5 Pro in 4 years for minimal upgrade.... Y'all so fukking dumb

Also them: Damn should I stick with my 3070, or spend another $900 on a 4070, or double that for a 4090

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Youve officially lost it. Damn this is pathetic to witness in real time :why: ive always looked at you as a level headed poster :why: its like you took some fentanyl and got permanent brain damage :why: aint no way you using this as a talking point :why:

This is just not factually true. As pointed out many times, for near the price range you can build a much more powerful PC.

Why even need a new PC? Most of my PC parts were released from 2019-2020 and its stronger by far than a PS5 Pro. Why are you dead set on comparing to new pc components, that are already better than what will be in the ps6?

Youve gone full MAGA like on the Sony stanning. Full cult like, retarded in a sense, brain shut off from anything that isnt positive Sony news.

Very disappointing man. This aint wavy. The ps5 pro is a piece of shyt system. This is factual. Spending $800 to play games at 1080p and 30 to 60 fps is insane.
I'm not trying to test you... I really want to build my next PC in 2025 and I'm at 2500-3000 dollars. As a comparison, my 1060 and 8700k chip I currently run is barely running Lightroom.

What is this PC build that's better than a PS5, for under the price of the PS5?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I mean, PS5 pro IS a “peasant build”

People aren’t really wrong for pointing out other competing “peasant builds”

It’s just that anyone with common sense who's gonna take the time and $800 to spend on a piece of gaming hardware, is gonna spend the extra couple hundred bucks to make it something worthwhile.

PS5 pro is specifically for sony stan’s. These the same dudes who bought the PS portal and PSVR2. They just wanna play games the best they can on a piece of hardware that has the playstation logo on it.

:manny: