Richard Leadbetter thinks a PC on the power level of the PS5 Pro would cost "a fair a bit more", says the RTX 4070 would be the closest equivalent GPU

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
That's the ticket and it might be easy for you and I to build a PC but we are asking cats don't know the difference between and workstation an monitor to just build or find some pre built marketplace PC
But you guys are taking this out of context :stop:
I'm all for consoles, that's what I do so you can't say I'm not speaking truth here. As a console gamer, I'm not spending $800+ to play games that are slightly better than current gen.

That's a huge reason why consoles over PC, you trying too hard to justify paying twice as much for a minor upgrade. Most agree the PS4pro was ultimately unnecessary and the hope was the ps5 pro would be different. It's not, sorry :umad:

Gamers understood that, Microsoft listened, Sony been making bad decisions all gen long. Can you buy a gaming PC for $800 that can shyt on consoles? Easily but I'm a console gamer. I don't need to have max PC quality games on console. I need max console quality games on consoles. Those games are better than PC games, in fact. PC games clutter the store on Xbox. I hate sifting thru all these janky ass PC games. They eating all the dogs in the Xbox store these PC migrants :damn:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But you guys are taking this out of context :stop:
I'm all for consoles, that's what I do so you can't say I'm not speaking truth here. As a console gamer, I'm not spending $800+ to play games that are slightly better than current gen.

That's a huge reason why consoles over PC, you trying too hard to justify paying twice as much for a minor upgrade. Most agree the PS4pro was ultimately unnecessary and the hope was the ps5 pro would be different. It's not, sorry :umad:

Gamers understood that, Microsoft listened, Sony been making bad decisions all gen long. Can you buy a gaming PC for $800 that can shyt on consoles? Easily but I'm a console gamer. I don't need to have max PC quality games on console. I need max console quality games on consoles. Those games are better than PC games, in fact. PC games clutter the store on Xbox. I hate sifting thru all these janky ass PC games. They eating all the dogs in the Xbox store these PC migrants :damn:
I'm not justifying anything but acting like the ps5 pro is a minor upgrade is should just "build" a PC . Like I told liquid a decade ago the internet isn't the world. To be honest im willing to put money the people that are buying a PSpro already have a built PC\prebuilt anyway.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'm not justifying anything but acting like the ps5 pro is a minor upgrade is should just "build" a PC . Like I told liquid a decade ago the internet isn't the world. To be honest im willing to put money the people that are buying a PSpro already have a built PC\prebuilt anyway.
Building a pc is simple. To put this into perspective, a former job I had was at a place that processed PC parts from schools. They would get disassembled and put into parts separately in bins

You know who did the disassembling?

Retards :yeshrug:
Seriously tho, special needs. Had no problem doing what you guys are acting like you need to take a college course first to understand. And for the inevitable "you was one of them" :stop: I was a supervisor in a different department that used regular people because it was more dangerous :boss:
And the reason building a PC makes more sense here is because you're spending enough to have a decent PC. Hustling backwards :facepalm:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Building a pc is simple. To put this into perspective, a former job I had was at a place that processed PC parts from schools. They would get disassembled and put into parts separately in bins

Seriously tho, special needs. Had no problem doing what you guys are acting like you need to take a college course first to understand. And for the inevitable "you was one of them" :stop: I was a supervisor in a different department that used regular people because it was more dangerous :boss:
And the reason building a PC makes more sense here is because you're spending enough to have a decent PC. Hustling backwards :facepalm:
:laff: :laff::laff::laff:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

You are speaking to the initiated though. Gaming nerds on a hip hop forum in 2024, talking about gaming.... Of course it's easy to us. Of course low IQ people can dissemble a computer.

You know what's also easy? Changing your oil. Paining your living room. Cleaning your house. But every day, people with money choose the more expensive, less quality work of Jiffy Lube vs spending 30 mins on Saturday doing a top notch job themselves for cheap.

Why? Cause when you never done it, it's not so easy. In fact, you'd rather pay somebody to do then find out just how easy/hard it is.

All we're saying, is the same thing we've always said and that the numbers show.. Most people aren't doing all that shyt. Most people aren't even going to buy a pre built gaming computer. They are going to get the Jiffy Lube job of a console every single time. Because nothing about PC gaming is simple as, or cheap as, or easy as, buying a console and plugging it into your TV

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Bench4.jpg

This is the base PS5 compared to a 4070 super.

The PS5 Pro will give these exact visual settings/image quality but at 60fps now.
Ok. So when the Pro drops and we're sitting here I hope yall hold Sony accountable if it doesn't run those exact specs. If it does I'll gladly give props.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
Here is the thing about PC gaming, it's a lot more flexible. you buy what you need, and can afford, and then you're free to upgrade later or not.

Someone can build a PC, with the best current CPU, and cheap out on the gpu until the GPU prices drop, then they can just upgrade the GPU.

PS5 pro, you get what you get.

I'm not telling people not to get a PS5 pro, if they want that, then get it, just pointing out that the 4070 comparison is not straight forward.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Here is the thing about PC gaming, it's a lot more flexible. you buy what you need, and can afford, and then you're free to upgrade later or not.

Someone can build a PC, with the best current CPU, and cheap out on the gpu until the GPU prices drop, then they can just upgrade the GPU.

PS5 pro, you get what you get.

I'm not telling people not to get a PS5 pro, if they want that, then get it, just pointing out that the 4070 comparison is not straight forward.
and then when you decide to buy a better GPU and your power supply and mobo aren't good enough to handle it? :ld:

even if you max out on the best GPU in your example that fits the setup you built, is it still cheaper and easier than a plug and play console who's power might still be better? Can't ignore the overhead of Windows running as well.

If you want the absolute best, you 100% go PC, but in doing so, the cost will also be much higher.

you are not getting the equivalent of what is in a PS5 Pro in a gaming PC for the same price. not even close. cats want people to turn into MacGuyver and comeup shuffle craiglist been good to a nikka shop for parts and shyt to come close. Cmon dog, gotta stop the cap.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“Can’t we all just stop the cap”
and then when you decide to buy a better GPU and your power supply and mobo aren't good enough to handle it? :ld:

even if you max out on the best GPU in your example that fits the setup you built, is it still cheaper and easier than a plug and play console who's power might still be better? Can't ignore the overhead of Windows running as well.

If you want the absolute best, you 100% go PC, but in doing so, the cost will also be much higher.

you are not getting the equivalent of what is in a PS5 Pro in a gaming PC for the same price. not even close. cats want people to turn into MacGuyver and comeup shuffle craiglist been good to a nikka shop for parts and shyt to come close. Cmon dog, gotta stop the cap.

lol.jpg