Richard Leadbetter thinks a PC on the power level of the PS5 Pro would cost "a fair a bit more", says the RTX 4070 would be the closest equivalent GPU

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The numbers show that PC is becoming the target platform, the console makers are gravitating to that market so your point is literally ass backwards. Might have to start calling you Mr McGee :
3F1DA23F053F5987AF6F9D1EAB1C09071E818BDB
I notice you didn't post any NUMBERS or FACTS.

So yea... One day they might take over.. But if we wanted to compare PC gaming rigs to console gamers as an install base, what you think winning out today? And don't give me that Dell PC shyt and $3.99 steam games... High priced gaming rigs...

But we already know the answer

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A 4070 is not a gaming PC. These disingenuous comparisons are not telling the whole story. The PSSR solution along with the improved ray tracing and it being a console isn't exactly a 1:1 comparison.
If your expecting nvidia 4000 series like ray tracing quality your going to be disappointed. With that zen2 cpu sony is making the same mistake microsoft made with the xbox one x, and be honest, last gen the last of us part 2 looked just fine on a regular ps4. Im sure gta6 will be just fine on a base ps5

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Digital Foundry knows their stuff, but just like the rest of video games media, they end up being a marketing/hype machine for the big publishers/devs.

Just like with PS5 they went with sony marketing talking about how the ssd was so special that PC couldn’t even match it, and how it would be transformative in how games are made and played only on PS5.

We see how that turned out :manny:

They will sell PSSR as worth the $700 upgrade, and maybe it is to some people, but nothing has changed, you are getting $700 worth of hardware, there’s no sony special sauce that’s gonna make your $700 more well spent than someone building a pc

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I notice you didn't post any NUMBERS or FACTS.

So yea... One day they might take over.. But if we wanted to compare PC gaming rigs to console gamers as an install base, what you think winning out today? And don't give me that Dell PC shyt and $3.99 steam games... High priced gaming rigs...

But we already know the answer
You cannot be this clueless, so you just playing up to your name. Wukong sold 10 million copies in 3 days because of PC which is worldwide. How many gaming capable PCs aka how many PCs are used for gaming? More than all 3 consoles combined.

It's amazing you didn't know this and you asked for numbers :laff:
Ask anyone here :hula: or Google it yourself
I just asked Siri, there's 1.75 BILLION PC GAMERS WORLDWIDE. You guys look like a whole entire a$$hole when you talk about ps2 selling 150 million consoles (while never mentioning that the reason was because they was not reliable. Disc read error, widespread before the internet was used like it is today so that truth wasn't mainstream information/the narrative yet how else they sell that many when there's not that many gamers on consoles today... yet the amount of gamers has steadily increased year over year.

If anyone is doubting what I just said, how many PS2s did you have? And Sony got sued over this exact topic WORLDWIDE. class action lawsuits everywhere but nobody wants to talk about all that :patrice:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You cannot be this clueless, so you just playing up to your name. Wukong sold 10 million copies in 3 days because of PC which is worldwide. How many gaming capable PCs aka how many PCs are used for gaming? More than all 3 consoles combined.

It's amazing you didn't know this and you asked for numbers :laff:
Ask anyone here :hula: or Google it yourself
I just asked Siri, there's 1.75 BILLION PC GAMERS WORLDWIDE. You guys look like a whole entire a$$hole when you talk about ps2 selling 150 million consoles (while never mentioning that the reason was because they was not reliable. Disc read error, widespread before the internet was used like it is today so that truth wasn't mainstream information/the narrative yet how else they sell that many when there's not that many gamers on consoles today... yet the amount of gamers has steadily increased year over year.

If anyone is doubting what I just said, how many PS2s did you have? And Sony got sued over this exact topic WORLDWIDE. class action lawsuits everywhere but nobody wants to talk about all that :patrice:
See this is exactly what I knew you'd do

1.75 billion... That's every little dell going... Yea I can play checkers on there.. There aren't 1.75 billion HIGH END GAMERS in this world

HIGH END... EXPENSIVE.. AAA Gaming on max settings....

Line those up.. I don't want to hear about how my son playing shytty ass steam games counts as a pc gamer.. but good try

Still waiting for you to build us that $700 PC5 Pro too... And nice try with those numbers... nikka gonna pull one game up.. Well out of that 10, 3 was ps5 and 70% came from China for PC.. So if we gonna trust china, then all the PC gamers must be there and they inflating the numbers... But GTA didn't need any PC to eclipse this with ease... They don't even bother to release shyt on PC same day... Guess you smarter than them cause they missing out on 70% of their money huh?

Stop being dumb... TODAY, there are more CONSOLE gamers than HIGH END PC GAMERS spending the same amounts on a GPU like you telling us to do

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
See this is exactly what I knew you'd do

1.75 billion... That's every little dell going... Yea I can play checkers on there.. There aren't 1.75 billion HIGH END GAMERS in this world

HIGH END... EXPENSIVE.. AAA Gaming on max settings....

Line those up.. I don't want to hear about how my son playing shytty ass steam games counts as a pc gamer.. but good try

Still waiting for you to build us that $700 PC5 Pro too... And nice try with those numbers... nikka gonna pull one game up.. Well out of that 10, 3 was ps5 and 70% came from China for PC.. So if we gonna trust china, then all the PC gamers must be there and they inflating the numbers... But GTA didn't need any PC to eclipse this with ease... They don't even bother to release shyt on PC same day... Guess you smarter than them cause they missing out on 70% of their money huh?

Stop being dumb... TODAY, there are more CONSOLE gamers than HIGH END PC GAMERS spending the same amounts on a GPU like you telling us to do
you're a nobody. a literal nobody. You dont get to make the rules and stipulations on what counts as gamer or not :mjlol:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
you can technically hack a standard OS onto two of the major gaming consoles on the market. CPU, GPU, OS, I/O...

arguing about console vs computer is asinine.
Your console is a computer. Just... a bad one.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
you're a nobody. a literal nobody. You dont get to make the rules and stipulations on what counts as gamer or not :mjlol:
nikka ain't have no answers so he resorts to name calling like he Donald Trump or somebody important...

Still waiting on the $700 PC boss

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can I build a decent PC at around ~$1200 to $1500 budget?

I don't care to have the absolute latest and greatest but I would like something that
I can put next to my Ps5/Xbox Series X and play certain games on it.

PC Gamers, I could use your assistance!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Can I build a decent PC at around ~$1200 to $1500 budget?

I don't care to have the absolute latest and greatest but I would like something that
I can put next to my Ps5/Xbox Series X and play certain games on it.

PC Gamers, I could use your assistance!

most certainly