R.I.P. B.B. King

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I've seen BB King and Buddy Guy play multiple times every single time I went the crowd was like 97% white. Buddy Guy didn't get famous until white folks "re-discovered" him when he was in his 60s. White people are the main consumers of blues.

Wow so fukking ignorant. Whites are the main consumers simply because their are MORE of them than compared to us, and even more with money and funds to spend on it. That logic is unreasonable. I've seen and performed with a number of Blues bands and performers and guess what the majority of the crowds were POC, primarily black so yea I guess by your logic Blacks are the main consumers of blues :rudy:

raul04

More money more p*ssy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Austin
I was watching a video of him and Stevie Ray Vaughan those two are legends. I hate to hear B.B. King is in hospice. He truely brought me into listening and appreciating the blues.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I've seen BB King and Buddy Guy play multiple times every single time I went the crowd was like 97% white. Buddy Guy didn't get famous until white folks "re-discovered" him when he was in his 60s. White people are the main consumers of blues.

There's a lot of truth in this statement. Young whites are more likely to know about the blues legends than are young Blacks.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
We don't value our legends in the Black community.

Young cacs all know who the Rolling Stones, Beatles, etc. are.

Most young Black brehs and brehettes can't name one BB King song.

As a young breh, my grandfather put me on to BB at an early age, had a stack of records. I used to listen to them a few times a week, was hooked on the blues. Got a few cd's in the collection. Had tickets to go see him a few years back in Cleveland, unfortunately he got food poisoning that night.

:mjcry:

Arguably The GOAT guitar player and revolutionized guitar based music

Bands like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Cream, & Led Zepplin made careers off straight jacking BB King guitar riffs

The epitome of black excellence. Hopefully he makes it to 90

:salute:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

Buddy was the best blues concert I had ever been to. Band was on point like a muthafukka. At one point Buddy came off the stage and walked through the crowd playing his guitar, he was 5ft from me in a zone. He let this young girl come up on stage and play his guitar. One of my fav blues guitarists next to BB, Albert King, and Stevie Ray.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
There's a lot of truth in this statement. Young whites are more likely to know about the blues legends than are young Blacks.

:mindblown: how are you clowns coming to this conclusion!?! You guys think that little of black youth??? I don't get it.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
:mindblown: how are you clowns coming to this conclusion!?! You guys think that little of black youth??? I don't get it.

:dahell:

You think the average young, Black male or female knows who Son House is. Or Robert Johnson? Or Charlie Patton?

They don't breh. Young cacs who are fans of Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and others are more likely to know about those people than young Blacks.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
:dahell:

You think the average young, Black male or female knows who Son House is. Or Robert Johnson? Or Charlie Patton?

They don't breh. Young cacs who are fans of Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and others are more likely to know about those people than young Blacks.

Yup :sas2: you want to take some polls?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Ppl like to make an argument outta everything..... now although i cannot quantify it with sone scientific factual study.....I know a lot of young BLACK ppl would just say turn that shyt off cause that aint bumpin old ass nikka..an them blues be dropping all types of knowledge