R.I.P. B.B. King

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I saw him in a concert back in '04. Dude was an amazing talent even later in life. I mean he scorched the room and left it in awe. This dude is one of the fathers of modern American music, his style is part of the roots of rock and roll, r and b, soul, funk and by extension hip-hop. No matter what genre music you like, pay homage, brehs. I hope his final days are peaceful and surrounded by loved ones.

:mjcry:

I remember my gramps used to sit in the living room drinking miller and putting on cats like him Muddy Waters, Little Esther, Johnny Otis.

Last edited:

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
really sad brehs:mjcry:

B.B. King's daughter was distraught after a judge just rejected her attempt to take control over her father's affairs ... after she claimed the blues legend was being abused by his manager.
King's longtime manager Laverne Toney marched into court with a stack of letters from doctors assuring hizzoner the singer was getting the best care, in stark contrast to daughter Karen Williams, who came in empty handed.

As TMZ previously reported ... King's other daughter Patty filed a police report for elder abuse and burglary, claiming Toney and her assistant had fleeced King's bank account to the tune of $20-30 million and also withheld medication.

No word on whether Karen will continue her fight.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/07/bb-king-guardianship-daughter-judge-denied-elder-abuse/#ixzz3ZXiB7IAP

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one is really from Memphis

So, that make Ludacris a Chicago rap legend and not a Atlanta rap legend. :beli:

nikka GTFOH.

Most people was born in little country towns back in the 30's-40's.

All of my grandparents was born in little country towns in Texas. But if you ask them where they're from and they will all say Dallas. My grandfather didn't even move to Dallas until he was 19. But he cosidered Dallas to be where he's from.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Feeling pretty guilty about missing the chances to watch him live the last couple years.

i remember being a young ignorant nukka and seeing a oscar peterson concert but didn't appreciate it

also had tickets to see james brown but he died

Truth200

Banned
Daps
The smell of my old man's Crown Royal and B.B. Blaring thru the house on a many a Saturday night. :to:

The thrill can't be gone, we ain't letting it end.

crownRoyalReignOn.jpg