James Earl Jones...R.I.P.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
They already started, but were completely silent about all the anti black shyt Tina Turner spewed. :sas2:

the-wire-nah.gif

Nah, folk like me were in the comments unapologetically calling Annie Mae from Nutbush all sorts of buttery legged c00ns and posting the video in which she talked bad about Africans and all the other shyt which ultimately equated to her not pissing on black folk the minute she got in with them whites and allowed them to fund that Fugazi claim about Ike being the Michael Jordan of wife beating with that damned movie and book that conveniently left out all her Caligulal indulgences and the time she nearly killed him with a shovel 'cause she was drunk.
Rest in peace to both Earl and Ike.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the-wire-nah.gif

Nah, folk like me were in the comments unapologetically calling Annie Mae from Nutbush all sorts of buttery legged c00ns and posting the video in which she talked bad about Africans and all the other shyt which ultimately equated to her not pissing on black folk the minute she got in with them whites and allowed them to fund that Fugazi claim about Ike being the Michael Jordan of wife beating with that damned movie and book that conveniently left out all her Caligulal indulgences and the time she nearly killed him with a shovel 'cause she was drunk.
Rest in peace to both Earl and Ike.

What indulgences?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
What indulgences?​

She drank. Was on enough coke to sit in with them boys at the Creedence Clear Water Revival and supposedly, she and Ike had Threesomes 'cause Tina was sort of partial to girls. Read this shyt quite a while back when I was getting deeper (pause) Into Ike's music and the whole machine behind them trying to dissuade folk into realizing that cats like Ike and Chuck were the real progenitors of the rock sound they claimed Elvis was.
Also need to find the article/sources in which Tina walked alot of that shyt back, claiming that she didn't read/write the script for the movie and the book or some shyt, just giving her side since she didn't want to get held accountable for how they demonized Ike, who wasn't perfect and admitted he wasn't at his best with her, but it ain't like he was just Choke slamming the broad in family diners constantly and then making her sing on stage like they claimed.​

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
RIP. I know everyone knows Coming to America, Lion King, Star Wars, Field of Dreams, etc.

Claudine is one of his most underrated movies
Best part of the movie is @ 4:20

She clearly liked him but still had her reservations. It wasn't until he checked her boss (in a very polite and clear manner) that she was throwing it at him. :obama:

It was at that point that she knew he could protect her. He had already checked all the boxes except for that one.

Last edited:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

She drank. Was on enough coke to sit in with them boys at the Creedence Clear Water Revival and supposedly, she and Ike had Threesomes 'cause Tina was sort of partial to girls. Read this shyt quite a while back when I was getting deeper (pause) Into Ike's music and the whole machine behind them trying to dissuade folk into realizing that cats like Ike and Chuck were the real progenitors of the rock sound they claimed Elvis was.
Also need to find the article/sources in which Tina walked alot of that shyt back, claiming that she didn't read/write the script for the movie and the book or some shyt, just giving her side since she didn't want to get held accountable for how they demonized Ike, who wasn't perfect and admitted he wasn't at his best with her, but it ain't like he was just Choke slamming the broad in family diners constantly and then making her sing on stage like they claimed.​

Ike wrote Rocket 88 in 1951, which is often cited as the first Rock n Roll record. He considered the record R&B, but said Rocket 88 was the cause of Rock n Roll's existence.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Best part of the movie is @ 4:20

She clearly liked him but still had her reservations. It wasn't until he checked her boss (in a very polite and clear manner) that she was throwing it at him. :obama:

It was at that point that she knew he could protect her. He had already checked all the boxes except for that one.

Don’t forget this soundtrack too, especially this Curtis Mayfield cover by Gladys Knight… Song still brings a tear to my eye :mjcry: