Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Microsoft is about $$$ first and foremost. I have no doubt in my mind they would let Bethesda games be on Sony consoles as long as Sony paid a hefty premium for them(especially since Microsoft wants to focus more on software than hardware anyway), which knowing how Sony operates they won't pay them a dime so the games probably won't come to PS platforms.
Sony stan mental gymnastics:mjlol:

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Everyone's forgetting that other devs Microsoft purchased have released games on the PS4, however development on those games started pre-acquisition.

I'm sure the Elder Scrolls VI will be on PS5. It'll just be 6 months to a year later after the XSX/PC release and at full price:yeshrug:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Don’t expect there games on Sony unless it’s something minor

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol ignore the mans quote like it’s some random rumor
His quote literally says they don’t need to sell the games on any other platform to make money.

Beyond that your premise is false.

Microsoft is not about making quick money. They are about long term relationships in order to dominate the market. You never see them making quick deals for money. They already got all the money.

Sony has shown time and time again they are willing to spend money on content. They Already spent a bunch of money on Bethesda games. So that part of your post was wrong too.

Really nothing in your post made any reasonable sense based on reality.

Was just a list of Sony stan assumptions and inaccuracies:manny:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
He’s more or less repeating what other sane individuals said on the topic. MS would have made deal similar to the one they have with EA if they didn’t care about exclusivity.
Xbox hit all the criteria this gen.

Power, Services, Value, games.

Really only thing PlayStation got going for it is sequels to the big PS4 games.

If you aren’t a big TLOU/Spiderman/GOW fan Sony’s hardware is kinda trash :francis:
They dropped the ball with Halo though. Again. :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Everyone's forgetting that other devs Microsoft purchased have released games on the PS4, however development on those games started pre-acquisition.

I'm sure the Elder Scrolls VI will be on PS5. It'll just be 6 months to a year later after the XSX/PC release and at full price:yeshrug:
Which games you talking about?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
We'll survive, breh
Of course you will.

Wasn't trying to hint at any coup de grace. Considering my original belief in what the future held for Bethesda games - such as Doom and Fallout - it sucks for people not in the xbox ecosystem.

Much like the haptic feedback on the PS controller makes not having that feature suck for me, who will be playing on Series X.

But, I'll survive.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean he literally says in the interview that they don’t need other platforms to recoup and make money.

Not sure why you are still holding on to that idea

But I’ll also say in the model—I’m just answering directly the question that you had—when I think about where people are going to be playing and the number of devices that we had, and we have xCloud and PC and Game Pass and our console base, I don’t have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means.”

His comments are clear. Unless you are in denial.

The games do not have to be shipped on PlayStation in order for them to meet their goals of profitability and reaching gamers where they are.

Jesus christ, nikka. Get these motherfukkers dikk out of your mouth and sit the fukk down somewhere.

I never even said I think the games are actually coming to PlayStation. I was just saying that it makes the most sense for him to give an answer like he gave. One that says that it's not a priority for him, but he's open to anything that works for them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Jesus christ, nikka. Get these motherfukkers dikk out of your mouth and sit the fukk down somewhere.

I never even said I think the games are actually coming to PlayStation. I was just saying that it makes the most sense for him to give an answer like he gave. One that says that it's not a priority for him, but he's open to anything that works for them.
Nah nikka you implied he was lying up front to sell consoles, then would release the games on PlayStation later.

calm down buddy:mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Sony stan mental gymnastics:mjlol:

Not needing to sell games on different consoles to recoup is not the same as not selling games on different consoles.

Do you really think Microsoft is going to ignore that massive elephant in the room which is the Sony Playstation customer base(aka tons of $$$ to be made) by saying 'You know what, Elder Scrolls 6 is Xbox exclusive.' Cool they do that and then what happens? Do you understand how much money Microsoft would be potentially losing out on by freezing out like what 60%(probably closer to 70%)of the console gaming market? From a business standpoint that doesn't even make sense bruh, Microsoft could make more $$$ off Playstations than they would Xbox's yet you think it's a ludicrous idea?

I aint a stan bruh, I'm just speaking facts to you bro what you saying could happen but from a business standpoint it makes ZERO sense, especially since Elder Scrolls and Fallout alone are not going to convert Playstation owners to Xbox. If Microsoft would of gotten the exclusive rights to Call of Duty or Battlefield that would be one thing, but not Elder Scrolls and Fallout bruh.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not needing to sell games on different consoles to recoup is not the same as not selling games on different consoles.

Do you really think Microsoft is going to ignore that massive elephant in the room which is the Sony Playstation customer base(aka tons of $$$ to be made) by saying 'You know what, Elder Scrolls 6 is Xbox exclusive.' Cool they do that and then what happens? Do you understand how much money Microsoft would be potentially losing out on by freezing out like what 60%(probably closer to 70%)of the console gaming market? From a business standpoint that doesn't even make sense bruh, Microsoft could make more $$$ off Playstations than they would Xbox's yet you think it's a ludicrous idea?

I aint a stan bruh, I'm just speaking facts to you bro what you saying could happen but from a business standpoint it makes ZERO sense, especially since Elder Scrolls and Fallout alone are not going to convert Playstation owners to Xbox. If Microsoft would of gotten the exclusive rights to Call of Duty or Battlefield that would be one thing, but not Elder Scrolls and Fallout bruh.
I mean he clearly says in the interview that they don’t need other platforms to make the deal make sense from a business perspective.

Im not sure what else he needs to tell you.:manny: