Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
The song finally went gold a couple years ago and Pete caught wind of that shyt and want his money. I don’t see why Nas Stan’s getting mad at Pete for wanting his money if this is even true

Nas Stan’s are by far the worst fan base on the coli. 2pac Stan’s ain’t got shyt on Nas Stan’s

Stfu

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Why would Nas sign a side contract with Pete Rock? That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Nas doesn’t own Illmatic, Sony does and they administer the publishing.

Ask Nas, Pete Rock and his lawyer, if they suing then they must have the contract to bring to the court of law

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ask Nas, Pete Rock and his lawyer, if they suing then they must have the contract to bring to the court of law

We’ll see. I highly doubt Pete Rock is going to see a coin from Nas personally. The fact he waited 30 years while literally begging to work with Nas again speaks volumes more about the incompetence of Pete Rock than it does Nas being duped into signing some side deal.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This songs been in video games, film, sampled over and over, and been sold and streamed millions of times. You guys are mad at him cause he has the nerve to ask to be paid? He waited damn near 30 years, is he supposed to let it slide on some statute of limitations shyt?:mjlol:

:russ:

Word up! They fukkin crazy, bruh been humble, waiting for that check and it never came

Imagine if it was Jay Z they would of flooded this thread backing Pete Rock, but since it's Nas he can't do no wrong

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
This is why I think sampling is important to Hip-Hop but limiting that means you can eat way better.
Pete Rock is legendary but in 2022 his skills and stature should be advanced to the point that sampling
is a choice, not his main mode of production.

It hampers your money something serious.
his last petestrumental album is sample free. its been a choice for him for forever he came up in that and loves crate digging

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
We’ll see. I highly doubt Pete Rock is going to see a coin from Nas personally. The fact he waited 30 years while literally begging to work with Nas again speaks volumes more about the incompetence of Pete Rock than it does Nas being duped into signing some side deal.

Yeah we will see, but if they have that contract and it's signed by Nasir Jones then that man needs to paid for his work

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This songs been in video games, film, sampled over and over, and been sold and streamed millions of times. You guys are mad at him cause he has the nerve to ask to be paid? He waited damn near 30 years, is he supposed to let it slide on some statute of limitations shyt?:mjlol:
So somehow. Every producer got paid but poor Pete Rock? The nikka who been begging for a placement for 30 years. Again. If he DOES need to get paid. It ain’t Nas who should be administering the royalties. It’s Sony. I don’t believe for one bit Nas signed a personal side contract wit that nikka either. Why him and noone else?

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
So somehow. Every producer got paid but poor Pete Rock? The nikka who been begging for a placement for 30 years. Again. If he DOES need to get paid. It ain’t Nas who should be administering the royalties. It’s Sony. I don’t believe for one bit Nas signed a personal side contract wit that nikka either. Why him and noone else?

Its just funny to me that people are bringing up old BM stories or Pete's perceived lack of work with "big time" rappers, or calling him a hater as an excuse for him to not be given whats rightfully his. Its not an issue with Nas, its a matter of principal. Whether Nas worked a deal out with him (I'm not going to speculate whether he did or not) or an issue with Columbia's administration, he should be paid. Period. The rest is speculation.

Edit: Pete also did get a placement on Lost Tapes 2 but that's neither here nor there

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Its just funny to me that people are bringing up old BM stories or Pete's perceived lack of work with "big time" rappers, or calling him a hater as an excuse for him to not be given whats rightfully his. Its not an issue with Nas, its a matter of principal. Whether Nas worked a deal out with him (I'm not going to speculate whether he did or not) or an issue with Columbia's administration, he should be paid. Period. The rest is speculation.

Edit: Pete also did get a placement on Lost Tapes 2 but that's neither here nor there

He got TWO placements on LT2.

If a nikka been stiffing me for THIRTY YEARS I ain’t gonna cry for another chance to work with him and then give him TWO beats for another album. Makes zero sense

Crumple

All Star
Daps
He always a piece of shyt. Tried to even get at Nas BM when they were 19/20 yrs old. Like leave the youngins alone nikka

No way? That's foul. Ya cause this interview I saw where some show got shut down - may have been Boot camp - he said his girlfriend was missing for a bit and I think he mentioned she was just 19 and he must have been over 46.

Now I may have read it all wrong. I'm all for anyone dating over 19 - but to put it out there so openly with a smirk was a trip. Also there's mad problems with big age gaps unless ppl are just lightly dating.
It is what it is.

Something was off about it. That line of his when he said after high school I went straight to College was breakthrough for me on down with the king's....but what I heard on how he is in reality doesn't match that.