Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
The song finally went gold a couple years ago and Pete caught wind of that shyt and want his money. I don’t see why Nas Stan’s getting mad at Pete for wanting his money if this is even true

Nas Stan’s are by far the worst fan base on the coli. 2pac Stan’s ain’t got shyt on Nas Stan’s
You must be young...

Everyone knows nothing co.pares to them hoe ass Jay stans back in the mid 2000s.
:scusthov:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I can't believe Nas would take advantage of a young black teenager like this. :troll:

Sony should cut Pete the check so he can find something else to complain about. :ehh:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Lame ass old nikka I’m glad mfs don’t be showing these mfs no love
you are aware that pete rock is one of the top 10, if not top 5, greatest hip hop producers of all time right? You are aware that Pete rock had a classic album BEFORE Illmatic was released? You are aware that Pete rock produced a classic album the same year Illmatic was released right?

Do any of you here work? I'm confused as to why someone shouldn't be paid for their work.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas should at the very least facilitate a conversation with whoever owes Pete his money.

I listened to that Nas/Misinfo podcast with Bun B and Nas gonna be looking funny in the light when he was cosigning what Bun said about being paid fairly in this hiphop culture.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Nas should at the very least facilitate a conversation with whoever owes Pete his money.

I listened to that Nas/Misinfo podcast with Bun B and Nas gonna be looking funny in the light when he was cosigning what Bun said about being paid fairly in this hiphop culture.
More than likely, Nas didn't know because Nas isn't responsible for royalties being paid on his albums from Columbia. And as someone has stated, Pete is probably suing Columbia, but these kkkrakkers on the websites are using Nas' name for clickbait. it happens all the time. I don't know, but things like this happen.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Sad if its true. One of Nas biggest songs and PR's signature beats.

Might explain why Nas hasn't worked much with Pete since.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
i really don't get why Nas and PR would have a side contract for his payment of royalties for being on the chorus and doing the production. Surely PR would have agreements with how many points he got for the song with the label. Why would an 18 year old do that? and why on earth isn't PR getting paid directly from Sony/ Columbia. Makes no sense

Unless for some reason PR got screwed on the points with Columbia and Nas at a later date agreed personally to fix that out of respect and hasn't actually done it. That's the only way I can see a reason PR would sue Nas