Nas & Premier Album "DJ Premier Needs to Come Correct because Pete Rock and Q Tip is Bringing Heat to Common & LL"

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Nas was serious bout it. And I'm here for Nas/Preemo but Premier just gave Nas one of his most generic beats and Nas still smoked it. So it's not really Nas I'm worried about here. I was never one of those "Nas should work with so and so.." type dudes. I'm just saying Premo need a fire lit under his ass to make sure he don't serve Nas no lazy shyt.
I hope you’re right bro, lol, I hope he was dead ass and the album is coming. The space Nas is in doesn’t really fit the type of Premier production that I have in my mind when I think of Nas and Premier doing a joint. I want grimy/nasty Nas on some Premo shhit, 🤷🏽‍♂️. That’s just me not being realistic tho and not appreciating this 50+ year old Great for what he is today and not what he used to be 25 years ago… that goes for Nas and Premier.

On the joint they put out, Nas did his thing but ehh, didn’t move me at all. Premier probably gave him madd different beats to choose from and this is the one Nas picked so 🤷🏽‍♂️, ehh. In fairness to Esco tho, maybe the ones he didn’t pick were even more ehh lol.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Common is a great artist too. I didn't hear no one say the pete rock joint better be better than for water like chocolate. And it's not like his previous couple of albums were dope too.
Com hasn't teased a joint with Pete for nearly 2 decades. People are mad I want a Nas and Premo joint that's up to par?

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Yeah that Smoke DZA album he made was really good. It should of got a lot more critical acclaim for both of them.

The album was really dope, but Babygrande didn't have the budget to push it and get more people in the know.

A lot of people didn't even know it dropped until years later. Which is a shame because that was a high quality project.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Com hasn't teased a joint with Pete for nearly 2 decades. People are mad I want a Nas and Premo joint that's up to par?

You know how many hip hop project were promised by rappers and never saw the light of the day ?
You can hope for the record to be dope but to say it must be better than so and so it just giving spoiled fan vibes. Just be blessed that they are here giving us the music. They don't owe us nothing at this point

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite the regular Nas Stanleys trying to detail this thread, I think it's interesting to see if Premo feels challenged by what Pete Rock is doing with Common right now. He went back to make a new beat for Represent after he heard the World is Yours, I hope he feels that competitive spirit again when doing this album.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Premier can still carry a full project

In all fairness, NYGz, Blaq Poet and Bumpy aren't Nas and the stakes are a bit higher this time

PRhyme albums had him pulling samples from established producers. He also used these "live drums" sometimes. I don't think this album will sound like those at all

I liked the Hit-Boy era but hope we get some "weird Nas" this time around with some concepts and storytelling which could carry water if not all of the beats are strong