Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
mannn everytime i hear about some Pete Rock f*ckery i think about CL saying "Make my beats F****T!" :mjlol::mjlol:

like breh, you wait 30 years to bring this up? It's like when one of your long time hating a*s friend that dont like to see you hang out with other home boys sees that you having a good time without him and decides to bring up some old BS from back then and rub it in your face, foh! :scust:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
couldnt even make it past the first page

nikkas talking about made up contracts with someone that doesnt even own the song
other nikkas coming to the realization 30 years later, that sampling cost money compared to playing a beat without samples :dead:

since we are stating the obvious, pete rock makes beats and Nas raps

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Not sure what being a stan has to do with doubting anyone signed a random “side contract” with no legal standing. But If Nas signed some random paper stating Pete Rock deserved xyz over whatever the label wanted to pay him then fine - if 19/20 year old Nas was that dumb then give PR his money.

But I doubt that. You don’t need to be a genius to understand labels pay royalties and handle songwriting disputes. Pete has songwriting credit. Undeniable. But whatever he’d be owed would come from the label. Until someone disputes these basic facts I see no point in name calling.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Y'all too damn old with this Nas worshipping, have some self respect as a Man.

Pay that man and that's it, he kept it behind closed doors since 94, he waited a long time, now it's time to pay this Man.

Nas signed a Contract with Pete Rock he's legally obligated to pay Pete Rock

Here comes the insider y'all.
Had this info tucked the whole time. Was just waiting on his bud Pete to tell us first.

Last time I checked, every lawsuit has a rebuttal. But wtf I know

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Did you read the article. Nas signed a Contract with Pete Rock, what the fukk you don't understand, Nas is obligated to pay Pete Rock, Nas signed the Contract, so why the fukk you mad about. If he signed the Contract then he have to pay, that's it

I don't care if Nas never work with him, so what if he never work with Pete Rock again, y'all sound like children

Simple common sense would tell you that if it's as clean n clear cut as you're presenting Pete wouldn't have waited 28yrs to take it to the courts.

And the case would've long been settled being that's what attorneys do. They advise clients to minimize damages

Obviously there's enough "schism" that a judge will have to make a ruling.

God forbid the guy chastising folks to be grown thinks rationally himself. Smh

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
:russ:

Word up! They fukkin crazy, bruh been humble, waiting for that check and it never came

Imagine if it was Jay Z they would of flooded this thread backing Pete Rock, but since it's Nas he can't do no wrong

Oh that's why you here.
Never mind. All your posts are disregarded

I knew your posts was lacking reasoning
Please tag me when Nas brings pete these huge bags of dollars

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
We are not “worshiping” Nas. We just don’t believe every hater. Pete been hating on Nas since 96 and lately he has been going down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. Pete certified weirdo. This is the guy y’all choose to believe :laff:

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
The song took on a life of its own. Its been on video games, TV Shows, Commercials, Movies etc.. Pete got wind of it and want in.. Cant fault a man for that

How do you think this makes sense? lol

You don't backdate n backtrack contracts based on unforeseen success

If his contract stated he'll be getting a piece of the action, guess what? He would've been getting a piece of the action.

You're ASSUMING that's the type of contract he has