Nas & Premier Album "DJ Premier Needs to Come Correct because Pete Rock and Q Tip is Bringing Heat to Common & LL"

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas does albums produced by HitBoy, and we get "we should've got an album produced by Premo or Alchemist or Madlib". Nas announces album with Premo and releases single and we now get "Nas should've done an album with Large Professor". If Nas did announce an album with Large Professor, the complaint would then be "he should've done an album with Pete Rock" or "he should've done an album with Q Tip".

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Nas does albums produced by HitBoy, and we get "we should've got an album produced by Premo or Alchemist or Madlib". Nas announces album with Premo and releases single and we now get "Nas should've done an album with Large Professor". If Nas did announce an album with Large Professor, the complaint would then be "he should've done an album with Pete Rock" or "he should've done an album with Q Tip".
... People sharing their opinions is a completely normal thing that happens all over the internet every day. Not everyone has to agree tf.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
... People sharing their opinions is a completely normal thing that happens all over the internet every day. Not everyone has to agree tf.

Sharing opinions is one thing, but this is beyond giving an opinion. We haven't even heard the album yet. And beyond that, it's basically saying what an artist should be doing. Then when he does do it, its a whole complete sector of fans that want something else.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Honestly this whole thread can be distilled to “the single wasn’t good so we’re worried about the album”. It’s a fair concern, hopefully Nas and Premier are taking the feedback honestly when considering the other tracks on the album.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
On a side note, I hope these Q-Tip, Pete Rock, & Preemo collabos start a new trend of legendary producers hooking up with legendary emcees for joint albums.
I'm pretty sure that brehs like Easy Mo Bee, E-A-Ski, Large Professor, Havoc, Diamond D, etc. still have something in the tank.
Also, maybe these collabs will mean that we FINALLY get that Mos Def/Mannie Fresh album!

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Sharing opinions is one thing, but this is beyond giving an opinion. We haven't even heard the album yet. And beyond that, it's basically saying what an artist should be doing. Then when he does do it, its a whole complete sector of fans that want something else.
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize it was beyond an opinion. :whoa:

Different people wanting different things can be scary sometimes, but I think we're all going to be okay in the end. Stay blessed, friend.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Premier has to give Nas beats you like because Pete gave that to Common and Tip gave that to L? Somehow Nas and Premier are working under pressure now because of this?

Nas just giving you at least 5 out of 6 dope ass albums straight with dope production is just moot at this point? If the Premier beats ain’t that then Nas is a horrible beat picker again? 😆, 🤦🏽‍♂️

I’d prefer a Large Pro and Nas album too, “You’re the Man” is in Nas’s Top 10 for me, everything they’ve ever done together is excellent…but I’ll take a Premier and Nas album happily, lol, 🍽️. I think Nas was just talking when he mentioned them doing an album honestly, wasn’t being that serious

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So Premier has to give Nas beats you like because Pete gave that to Common and Tip gave that to L? Somehow Nas and Premier are working under pressure now because of this?

Nas just giving you at least 5 out of 6 dope ass albums straight with dope production is just moot at this point? If the Premier beats ain’t that then Nas is a horrible beat picker again? 😆, 🤦🏽‍♂️

I’d prefer a Large Pro and Nas album too, “You’re the Man” is in Nas’s Top 10 for me, everything they’ve ever done together is excellent…but I’ll take a Premier and Nas album happily, lol, 🍽️. I think Nas was just talking when he mentioned them doing an album honestly, wasn’t being that serious
I think Nas was serious bout it. And I'm here for Nas/Preemo but Premier just gave Nas one of his most generic beats and Nas still smoked it. So it's not really Nas I'm worried about here. I was never one of those "Nas should work with so and so.." type dudes. I'm just saying Premo need a fire lit under his ass to make sure he don't serve Nas no lazy shyt.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:francis: Yeah what Qtip did for LL with that Saturday Night Special jawn, Prem better holla at his old MPC 60, or find a rhodes piano, because my mans not moving like Q and sadly Pete Rock's miserable dusty ass.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My realistic dream of a Nas & Premo album now is to sound like a variation of Nas Is Like:lupe::feedme: