Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
LOL what? For starters, Nas hasn't called Pete Rock to do a beat in years, what bridges is he burning? And because he wants to get paid for something he's owed, that makes him miserable? I'm so confused by the hate Pete Rock is getting for wanting money for a royalties he's owed.

What you're witnessing is unchecked & fervent stannery on full display.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I am from Mt. Vernon and while it is true he got beat up by YGs at this cookout I heard he escaped by jumping into the backseat of a cop's car.
Also, the beef was because Pete fukked some big time drug dealers girl. Didn't hear about the money angle from the rap career. Pete had to move a county away like over the Tappan Zee bridge. lol
:mjlol:

That's a nikka that feared for his life:russ:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I am from Mt. Vernon and while it is true he got beat up by YGs at this cookout I heard he escaped by jumping into the backseat of a cop's car.
Also, the beef was because Pete fukked some big time drug dealers girl. Didn't hear about the money angle from the rap career. Pete had to move a county away like over the Tappan Zee bridge. lol

Damn. The plot thickens, lol.

I always heard there were money issues with Reprise Records or something, and that they blamed Pete. I thought that's why they were tapping his pockets there, lol. But that's a shame that he had to leave the Vernon over that kind of nonsense.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Damn. The plot thickens, lol.

I always heard there were money issues with Reprise Records or something, and that they blamed Pete. I thought that's why they were tapping his pockets there, lol. But that's a shame that he had to leave the Vernon over that kind of nonsense.

Maybe but I just never heard that completely possible.

Daps
All this talk of AllHipHop.com made me hit the Internet Wayback Machine to see if I could dig up the interviews, but I did find this, which I thought was kind of funny (even if it's unrelated):

Grammy Award-winning rapper Kanye West has been selected to interpret the theme to the latest installment of the Mission: Impossible movie franchise.

West follows in the paths of U2, who reinterpreted the theme for the first movie in 1996, and Limp Bizkit, who recorded their version for Mission: Impossible II in 2000.

Mission: Impossible III was shot on location in parts of the U.S., Berlin, Shanghai and Rome. The movie features Tom Cruise as Special Agent Ethan Hunt and also stars Ving Rhames, Laurence Fishburne, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Michelle Monaghan and others.

"As a fan of Kanye's work, I was thrilled at the prospect of him contributing his talents to M:I III," said Cruise, who produced the film. "We wanted to take this installment of Mission to the next level and Kanye's music definitely added to accomplishing that goal. As we've done with the film, what he's done with the Mission theme is going to blow people away."

West, who is nominated for eight Grammys this year for his sophomore album Late Registration, is part of an effort to reinterpret the movie, which is directed by J.J. Abrams. He said West realized his goal of making "a movie that is familiar, but absolutely brand new."

"West has done just that with his version of the classic Lalo Schifrin theme, and we're thrilled to be working with him," added Abrams.

The movie chain is based on the '60s television of the same name and is co-produced by Paula Wagner, who said: "[West's] powerful, emotional style is the perfect complement for the mix of drama and action that is in this film."

Mission: Impossible III is scheduled for release on May 5, 2006.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Allhiphop.com: He did an interview with us back in May, and he hinted that you could not make it on your own. Do you want to respond to that or not?

CL Smooth: That’s his opinion, and he could never say that to me personally. If that’s how Pete Rock lives his life, talking through the media, go ahead. I love you anyway. It takes a whole lot to be me, so I imagine it takes ten times more to be you. He knows me and his family knows me. They know how I get down. True indeed, I smack n***as heads off their shoulders! If you want to talk on the swings and talk s**t to your peers, that s**t doesn’t bother CL. It bothers CL when you lie and create a false image. Snoop Dogg said, “Come holla at me, homie, you know I love you.” How does Snoop love me and my n***a Pete don’t love me? How does Raekwon, Method Man, and the whole f***ing Wu-Tang Clan talk about how they really love me and Pete Rock don’t love me? I walked on blocks that Pete Rock can never walk on. Pete Rock, I love you baby. I’ve got nothing to be ashamed of. I got a good woman and a good life, so what should I be ashamed of? Pete Rock can’t ever disrespect me and not get his head smacked off. He can never say that to my face. I love him anyway. All I’m asking him to do is do the beats. The proof is there. CL Smooth is the biggest s**t on your project and you are a walking contradiction, man. We don’t have to sling no more mud. Make my beats, f****t! Stop playing games and throwing rocks at the dome. How are you going to say without you, I’m not going to make it? You got to say that about yourself. That’s kind of scary, because you are basically saying that I’m going to drown myself trying to drown this n***a. Pete Rock doesn’t have to talk to me. Make my beats though! I’ll cut you a check, you go in the studio, and make my f*cking beats, man. I don’t see anything else happening if you don’t facilitate CL Smooth.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Allhiphop.com: He did an interview with us back in May, and he hinted that you could not make it on your own. Do you want to respond to that or not?

CL Smooth: That’s his opinion, and he could never say that to me personally. If that’s how Pete Rock lives his life, talking through the media, go ahead. I love you anyway. It takes a whole lot to be me, so I imagine it takes ten times more to be you. He knows me and his family knows me. They know how I get down. True indeed, I smack n***as heads off their shoulders! If you want to talk on the swings and talk s**t to your peers, that s**t doesn’t bother CL. It bothers CL when you lie and create a false image. Snoop Dogg said, “Come holla at me, homie, you know I love you.” How does Snoop love me and my n***a Pete don’t love me? How does Raekwon, Method Man, and the whole f***ing Wu-Tang Clan talk about how they really love me and Pete Rock don’t love me? I walked on blocks that Pete Rock can never walk on. Pete Rock, I love you baby. I’ve got nothing to be ashamed of. I got a good woman and a good life, so what should I be ashamed of? Pete Rock can’t ever disrespect me and not get his head smacked off. He can never say that to my face. I love him anyway. All I’m asking him to do is do the beats. The proof is there. CL Smooth is the biggest s**t on your project and you are a walking contradiction, man. We don’t have to sling no more mud. Make my beats, f****t! Stop playing games and throwing rocks at the dome. How are you going to say without you, I’m not going to make it? You got to say that about yourself. That’s kind of scary, because you are basically saying that I’m going to drown myself trying to drown this n***a. Pete Rock doesn’t have to talk to me. Make my beats though! I’ll cut you a check, you go in the studio, and make my f*cking beats, man. I don’t see anything else happening if you don’t facilitate CL Smooth.

All types of emotions on that response

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I can't remember the last CL verse that didn't include Pete

:francis:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What you're witnessing is unchecked & fervent stannery on full display.

What i’m seeing is people correctly pointing out the absurdity of these so called claims of Rock’s with the fact that Nas doesn’t own Illmatic and therefore would have close to zero culpability whatsoever in paying him any royalties.

People are also pointing out that Pete Rock has a history of fukkery and lying when it comes to his business. He did something similar with Lupe Fiasco in 2012 when Lupe used the famous T.R.O.Y sample for his single Freedom Ain’t Free. Pete Rock went on social media blasting Lupe saying that Lupe should have reached out to HIM for permission to use the sample ( a sample that Pete Rock doesn’t own mind you) and then when Lupe provided receipts that, not only did he reach out, he’d actually spoken DIRECTLY to Pete Rock about it, Rock put up some bullshyt half apology and went quiet again.

Truth of the matter is that Pete Rock has cried wolf numerous times with other artists and even his own partner C.L. Smooth. Whereas there’s been no history whatsoever of Nas or Nas label practicing bad business with any of his producers. And still even without any of that NOBODY has still been able to answer the question of why Pete Rock has cried about not working with Nas for thirty years and then was so giddy to get a placement on Lost Tapes 2 if he was being stiffed out of money from their original collaboration. It makes no sense.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What i’m seeing is people correctly pointing out the absurdity of these so called claims of Rock’s with the fact that Nas doesn’t own Illmatic and therefore would have close to zero culpability whatsoever in paying him any royalties.

People are also pointing out that Pete Rock has a history of fukkery and lying when it comes to his business. He did something similar with Lupe Fiasco in 2012 when Lupe used the famous T.R.O.Y sample for his single Freedom Ain’t Free. Pete Rock went on social media blasting Lupe saying that Lupe should have reached out to HIM for permission to use the sample ( a sample that Pete Rock doesn’t own mind you) and then when Lupe provided receipts that, not only did he reach out, he’d actually spoken DIRECTLY to Pete Rock about it, Rock put up some bullshyt half apology and went quiet again.

Truth of the matter is that Pete Rock has cried wolf numerous times with other artists and even his own partner C.L. Smooth. Whereas there’s been no history whatsoever of Nas or Nas label practicing bad business with any of his producers. And still even without any of that NOBODY has still been able to answer the question of why Pete Rock has cried about not working with Nas for thirty years and then was so giddy to get a placement on Lost Tapes 2 if he was being stiffed out of money from their original collaboration. It makes no sense.
Wow I completely forgot about that Lupe shyt. I think Pete Rock might have Bipolar disorder or some shyt. Lol.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
You can tell hip hop heads and old heads who was of age from Stan's.

The fukkin disrespect of Pete Rock, I'll be 45 next month, I was 17 when Illmatic dropped. Do y'all know how fukkin big Pete Rock was in 94, he with Dr. Dre were the Premier Producer's in hip hop.

Pete Rock didn't need Nas, Nas and Columbia needed Pete Rock, they needed a Pete Rock beat. Pete Rock already had 2 Certified Hip Hop Classic album's, was one of the most sought after Producers In hip hop.

It was his beat that got Nas on the radio and videos the only beat that got Illmatic to even move units

Stop the fukkin dicc succin of Nas and the disrespect of The Chocolate Boy Wonder.

Pay that Man and make sure our legend's is paid for their work.

Hoe ass nikkas y'all shameful:scust:

Call @Another Man Chocolate brehs

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol: NaS and Camel stans are the worst.

:mjlol: My God… so Pete is a hater and a loser and got nothing going on because he’s asking for what he’s owed?

:mjlol: @Illeye buckmatic get in here, breh. Talk some sense into your fellow fakkit ass NaS stans.