Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Son u have no idea how this works. What the situation is or what the fukk ur talking about. Lol. God damn.
Okay homie! Wasn't you and them was crying and said I hope Nas never worked with Pete Rock again, and Pete Rock begging for placements? When we found out it was Nas peeps reaching out to Pete Rock

Wasn't y'all acting like y'all cracked the case because he was getting publishing?

So it's y'all who don't know what the fukk is going on, and you have no idea, read your posts and come again homie.

Rock people just gave an interview and basically shut y'all the fukk up

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Allhiphop.com: He did an interview with us back in May, and he hinted that you could not make it on your own. Do you want to respond to that or not?

CL Smooth: That’s his opinion, and he could never say that to me personally. If that’s how Pete Rock lives his life, talking through the media, go ahead. I love you anyway. It takes a whole lot to be me, so I imagine it takes ten times more to be you. He knows me and his family knows me. They know how I get down. True indeed, I smack n***as heads off their shoulders! If you want to talk on the swings and talk s**t to your peers, that s**t doesn’t bother CL. It bothers CL when you lie and create a false image. Snoop Dogg said, “Come holla at me, homie, you know I love you.” How does Snoop love me and my n***a Pete don’t love me? How does Raekwon, Method Man, and the whole f***ing Wu-Tang Clan talk about how they really love me and Pete Rock don’t love me? I walked on blocks that Pete Rock can never walk on. Pete Rock, I love you baby. I’ve got nothing to be ashamed of. I got a good woman and a good life, so what should I be ashamed of? Pete Rock can’t ever disrespect me and not get his head smacked off. He can never say that to my face. I love him anyway. All I’m asking him to do is do the beats. The proof is there. CL Smooth is the biggest s**t on your project and you are a walking contradiction, man. We don’t have to sling no more mud. Make my beats, fakkit! Stop playing games and throwing rocks at the dome. How are you going to say without you, I’m not going to make it? You got to say that about yourself. That’s kind of scary, because you are basically saying that I’m going to drown myself trying to drown this n***a. Pete Rock doesn’t have to talk to me. Make my beats though! I’ll cut you a check, you go in the studio, and make my f*cking beats, man. I don’t see anything else happening if you don’t facilitate CL Smooth.

This will NEVER not be funny.
:laff::laff::laff:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That song came out in 1994. How the hell did it take this long for Pete Rock to ask for royalties on a legendary track like The World Is Yours?

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Trying to understand this more (I'm not an expert on any this of this shyt so bear with me if I get something wrong). So Pete is getting publishing royalties for the song but not master royalties. Master royalties are handled by distributors, according to what I googled and what y'all posted in here. So who are the distributors?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Okay homie! Wasn't you and them was crying and said I hope Nas never worked with Pete Rock again, and Pete Rock begging for placements? When we found out it was Nas peeps reaching out to Pete Rock

Wasn't y'all acting like y'all cracked the case because he was getting publishing?

So it's y'all who don't know what the fukk is going on, and you have no idea, read your posts and come again homie.

Rock people just gave an interview and basically shut y'all the fukk up
I never said Pete Rock was begging for placements. Why don’t YOU read my posts. Only thing I said was I hope Nas don’t fukk wit boy again. And that’s been even before this situation. Other than that. I have been CONSISTENTLY saying that IF Pete Rock is owed something he should be compensated. But I don’t believe Nas has any control over that. And of course the fukkin 2 goofballs gonna Dap this lying ass bullshyt.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Nas don't take care of his own, but he'll "slap somebody for gwenyth paltrow" and we know he takes care of Chi-na

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Trying to understand this more (I'm not an expert on any this of this shyt so bear with me if I get something wrong). So Pete is getting publishing royalties for the song but not master royalties. Master royalties are handled by distributors, according to what I googled and what y'all posted in here. So who are the distributors?

Like I said in my post, in this case, Sony was the distributor for Illmatic, through Columbia Records. Nas doesn't have anything to do with it.

Pete's royalties should've been registered by him or legal counsel with his publishers back in '94, when these songs went to tape. Same way, Q-Tip did a hook and beat on "One Love" and Paul did joints and also spoke on a track, those royalties come from them registering their works with their respective publishers. So when the album starts selling, and today, starts getting streamed and downloaded, they get paid for their contributions. I'm not sure why it's always just Pete that doesn't seem to get paid from these situations, but everyone else is always straight, but that's another story. It just seems like his business is never on point. Primo, Tip and Paul never had any issues with this album. He was easily my favorite producer from '92-'94, but he always seemed to have issues with his money and how he handled business.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Like I said in my post, in this case, Sony was the distributor for Illmatic, through Columbia Records. Nas doesn't have anything to do with it.

Pete's royalties should've been registered by him or legal counsel with his publishers back in '94, when these songs went to tape. Same way, Q-Tip did a hook and beat on "One Love" and Paul did joints and also spoke on a track, those royalties come from them registering their works with their respective publishers. So when the album starts selling, and today, starts getting streamed and downloaded, they get paid for their contributions. I'm not sure why it's always just Pete that doesn't seem to get paid from these situations, but everyone else is always straight, but that's another story. It just seems like his business is never on point. Primo, Tip and Paul never had any issues with this album. He was easily my favorite producer from '92-'94, but he always seemed to have issues with his money and how he handled business.
If u point this SOUND LOGIC out. These muthafukkas come in here trying to act like u a lunatic Nas stan while not recognizing how fukking stupid they look. Just a complete lack of self awareness. Lol

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Hmmm . . . I do know if you aren't posted as someone who needs to get paid royalties for a song when it is initially registered with a publishing company they don't go back in time and pay royalties if you try to correct it in the present. I know RBX from. Death Row a few years ago was trying to say he wrote a lot of songs from The Chronic but wasn't registered as a song writer at the time. He didn't get anything.