Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Wtf? Lol. This nikka mouth crazy.

Yep. Allhiphop lost their catalogue of interviews. They had some CRAZY quotes from a lot of rappers during that time from interviews. There was a great Nas interview from around the time Gods Son came out where he kind of shytted on 50 Cent and was still throwing shots at Jay-Z. There was of course the infamous “Soul Clap” interview with Jungle and The Bravehearts. And there was the Pete Rock interview. He asked about it point blank and he said something to the effect of.

“Its not true. I’ve never met her. Nas hasn’t spoken to me in ten years and he’s dumb if he believes that rumor. I don’t know that woman”

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yep. Allhiphop lost their catalogue of interviews. They had some CRAZY quotes from a lot of rappers during that time from interviews. There was a great Nas interview from around the time Gods Son came out where he kind of shytted on 50 Cent and was still throwing shots at Jay-Z. There was of course the infamous “Soul Clap” interview with Jungle and The Bravehearts. And there was the Pete Rock interview. He asked about it point blank and he said something to the effect of.

“Its not true. I’ve never met her. Nas hasn’t spoken to me in ten years and he’s dumb if he believes that rumor. I don’t know that woman”
Yea I remember a lot of crazy interviews from them. I don’t remember that one tho.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Pete actually said he NEVER messed with Nas baby moms and that he never even met her. He was emphatic about it in an interview with Allhiphop in like 2009. He straight up said “Nas is dumb if he believes that rumor. I don’t know that woman”

Yeah Nas still to this day believed Pete Rock hit Carmen, supposedly it happened during the making of Illmatic

Maybe why that's why Nas ain't paid him:mjlol:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Allhiphop used to have some EXCELLENT content. Not just interviews but also articles and think pieces. Their fall off has been to Hip Hop media’s detriment
The front page had all the latest news, articles, interviews, rumors. I started posting there at the end of 2002

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
People that were there said that they actually knocked Pete out, and that while he was unconscious, the YG's started going through his pockets. Savage! They said all the rappers, including Heav' and everyone else, just stood back and minded their business.

Pete told a different story later. He said he got in a fight "with some dudes', and that someone called the cops and that's why he ran out of the park.

:russ:

I remember reading about this on Combat Jacks (RIP) blog way back. Even before the podcast he had the story goldmine.

Combat Jack Throwback: Pete Rock Is Not A Snitch!

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Yep I was maybe a few years later. 04 i believe. The Ill Community used to be LIT. That was when you really had to have good debate/writing skills to discuss Hip Hop.

Word up! That's when you created a Thread your open statement was like a hip hop intellectual thesis, back when posters took time to read

And you sit back like:jbhmm:

And you get ready to post your reply and you know it had to be fire and informative

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I remember reading about this on Combat Jacks (RIP) blog way back. Even before the podcast he had the story goldmine.

Combat Jack Throwback: Pete Rock Is Not A Snitch!

Word! That story had been floating around for awhile. I didn't believe it at first, but then so many different witnesses and sources started coming out with the same details. shyt is crazy, lol. I guess you had to be there!

RIP Combat.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People that were there said that they actually knocked Pete out, and that while he was unconscious, the YG's started going through his pockets. Savage! They said all the rappers, including Heav' and everyone else, just stood back and minded their business.

Pete told a different story later. He said he got in a fight "with some dudes', and that someone called the cops and that's why he ran out of the park.

:russ:
I am from Mt. Vernon and while it is true he got beat up by YGs at this cookout I heard he escaped by jumping into the backseat of a cop's car.
Also, the beef was because Pete fukked some big time drug dealers girl. Didn't hear about the money angle from the rap career. Pete had to move a county away like over the Tappan Zee bridge. lol