Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
"we" don't get mad. several people posted receipts on how Pete moves. he's getting called out because of that. Pete has an unhealthy obsession with Nas. This is just another chapter in the story.

A bunch of speculation to shyt on a man because he dared to sue. What he did yesterday does not matter. He has the right to sue and the judge will decide whether he's within his rights or not.

you are perpetually naive and passive aggressive towards me in any thread I post in. stop trying to interact with me. shyt is weird

I'm not passive aggressive toward you. I act the same toward everyone here.
When I agree with you, I dap you. When I don't I quote you.

You can block me if you want to. But don't post here expecting me to never express any disagreement with your posts.

When I dap you, I don't see you whining, but when I disagree, you get mad.

Put me on ignore.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A bunch of speculation to shyt on a man because he dared to sue. What he did yesterday does not matter. He has the right to sue and the judge will decide whether he's within his rights or not.

I'm not passive aggressive toward you. I act the same toward everyone here.
When I agree with you, I dap you. When I don't I quote you.

You can block me if you want to. But don't post here expecting me to never express any disagreement with your posts.

When I dap you, I don't see you whining, but when I disagree, you get mad.

Put me on ignore.
:russell:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Lord, help me. :mjlol: :dead: Crying actual tears right now. :deadrose:

People that were there said that they actually knocked Pete out, and that while he was unconscious, the YG's started going through his pockets. Savage! They said all the rappers, including Heav' and everyone else, just stood back and minded their business.

Pete told a different story later. He said he got in a fight "with some dudes', and that someone called the cops and that's why he ran out of the park.

:russ:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Truth.

Pete did the same with Q-Tip and Trackmasters and mad other producers. Where he's claimed they owed him money for his ideas. Tip said Pete was accusing him of stealing the beat for "Jazz", and that Pete spent years telling a story that was all lies. Every time Pete was asked about it, he would tell some story about how Tip saw the records he used for it and "stole" the beat by making it again on his own. Tip said, he was supposed to do a joint with Pete and Large Professor, and that Pete didn't have a problem with him making his own version of the beat, until it blew up when he used it for The Low End Theory. Tip said he told Pete he had an idea for something similar and said:

"I wanna hook that beat up!’ And he was like ‘Aight fukk it’. I was like ‘I’m gonna do that shyt and then we can exchange, I’ll give you some shyt’. And he was like ‘Alright, cool’. That was the story, that’s why on it (“We Got The Jazz”) I said ‘Pete Rock for the beat ya don’t stop’."

He tried to sue Puff and Trackmasters for BIG's "Juicy" because he said they stole that from him too. But Trackmasters said Puff wanted that sample flipped and a few people to try to flip it, but he chose their version for the album, and Pete tried to sue them because his version wasn't used. He helped get the YG's signed, and they showed up to the family day picnic they used to have with all the Mt. Vernon rappers, and they walked up on Pete and stomped him out in front of everybody. After Pete got back up, he started running out the park and they chased him. These dudes would either beat-down or chase Pete every time they saw him. At weddings, industry events, etc. Because he had them sign a shady deal, and he was stealing from them. This was around '93. So as much as I love dude's music, Pete has always been known to move funny in business, and just with other artists and producers. It's clearly still a thing with him.

The best post in this thread from someone with actual ties in the industry, all the posters talking about stans read this and stfu.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
@Cladyclad is the biggest Nas Stan on here, a quarter of his posts is dedicated to shytting on Nas, he’s even started doing the Hov subliminal indir3ct shyt, acting like Nas be posting on these forums:russ:

Some say hate is confused admiration:lolbron:

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
When Marley was playing the "On The Real" track that he was working on for Nas, people kept calling in and saying they wanted to hear it again. So he was playing it every Sunday. On repeat. Marley would hit the button, and the Fat Albert "lay some treats on us" drop would come on, and Pete would always have a comment about them playing Nas again. Dude literally said one time, "We gotta play that again?" And then said he was going to the bathroom. About a year later, he was on there pushing his unauthorized remix for "Street Dreams". But he's always made little comments about Nas here and there.

That's actually what got Marley kicked off of It Was Written. Nas said Marley was leaking records, and putting other people on them without his permission. He was supposed to do the whole joint. Like what he did for LL, according to Nas. But after that, Stoute brought in Tone and Poke.
Yea I remember when IWW dropped and Pete played I Gave You Power, him and Marley said something to the effect of, "Yea if that album had 10 more songs of that, it would be a classic".

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AC435030-BF84-4-EA2-8352-94-EB5168-F19-E.png

It’s grown men asking for streaming parties of album that’s dead already

urging brehs to vote on xxl for Nas

talking people are intimidated by Nas as a black man

searching for every negative review to discuss it

Them dudes talking about every thing but the lyrics or the album

I’m in that bytch dying

I love y’all dudes. Y’all the only fanbase that care about reviews in 2022
:mjlol:
It’s quite a bit of posters who only post in nas related threads with names after his albums but nobody seems to talk about that either :skip:

no other posting history outside of nas threads :skip:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Yea I remember when IWW dropped and Pete played I Gave You Power, him and Marley said something to the effect of, "Yea if that album had 10 more songs of that, it would be a classic".

Truth. They were super critical of the album.

I can see why Marley might've been a little salty. He was supposed to be at the helm, so it made sense. But Pete always seemed to have a personal issue with Nas. Back then, there was some issue I remember that involved Pete having some relationship with Nas's daughter's mom or some shyt. Pete made some comment about it, but she denied ever even meeting him. So between them leaking Nas's unfinished records, shytting on IWW, Pete saying he was fukking with Nas's ex-girl, and whatever else, it seems like there was mad personal shyt going on back then between them that never got resolved.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Truth. They were super critical of the album.

I can see why Marley might've been a little salty. He was supposed to be at the helm, so it made sense. But Pete always seemed to have a personal issue with Nas. Back then, there was some issue I remember that involved Pete having some relationship with Nas's daughter's mom or some shyt. Pete made some comment about it, but she denied ever even meeting him. So between them leaking Nas's unfinished records, shytting on IWW, Pete saying he was fukking with Nas's ex-girl, and whatever else, it seems like there was mad personal shyt going on back then between them that never got resolved.

Pete actually said he NEVER messed with Nas baby moms and that he never even met her. He was emphatic about it in an interview with Allhiphop in like 2009. He straight up said “Nas is dumb if he believes that rumor. I don’t know that woman”

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Pete actually said he NEVER messed with Nas baby moms and that he never even met her. He was emphatic about it in an interview with Allhiphop in like 2009. He straight up said “Nas is dumb if he believes that rumor. I don’t know that woman”
Wtf? Lol. This nikka mouth crazy.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AC435030-BF84-4-EA2-8352-94-EB5168-F19-E.png

It’s grown men asking for streaming parties of album that’s dead already

urging brehs to vote on xxl for Nas

talking people are intimidated by Nas as a black man

searching for every negative review to discuss it

Them dudes talking about every thing but the lyrics or the album

I’m in that bytch dying

I love y’all dudes. Y’all the only fanbase that care about reviews in 2022
:mjlol:

I went in there randomly clicking through pages and it's all Pitchfork or Rosenberg. I see people in there trying to dead that but they can't get the train back on the rails. There's too many people with the "defend Nas and Hit Boy at all costs" mentality and it's muddies things up to the point where you can't have good, well rounded discussions.

I don't even understand how an album thread can have so many pages.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

Yeah, that was much later.

First time I heard about that was around '03, when she was on the radio saying she wanted to publicly ask Pete to stop spreading that rumor about her. The situation with Hov had just been exposed, so this is when she was talking about writing her book. Years later, Pete started saying it wasn't true. But initially, he was the one that people said started the rumor in the first place.