Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
But he seems like miserable fukk to be around due to his inflated ego.

It's this here.

Most people in the business know, Pete isn't exactly the most-liked guy in the culture. He's pretty much always been miserable, but he's publicly shown it a ton over the past two decades or so. He would be on the air saying wild things about Nas when he had Future Flavas with Marley. Always seemed to honestly hate Nas, for whatever reason. But he's made millions of questionable moves and comments against other artists and producers over the years. Just never seemed like he's ever been happy. So a lot of the shyt that CL was saying about him, has kinda come to light since they broke up. Including how Pete is in serious need of some money. I don’t think this suit goes anywhere for him. No other producer on the album seemed to have any issue with payments from Columbia/Sony. Why would Pete be singled out? Doesn't make any sense.

ledge

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People could talk sh*t about Pete or Nas all they want. But fact of the matter is if you legitimately thought you had a way to get a large amount of money you were contractually owed, you’d bring the lawyers out and go after that paper too

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People could talk sh*t about Pete or Nas all they want. But fact of the matter is if you legitimately thought you had a way to get a large amount of money you were contractually owed, you’d bring the lawyers out and go after that paper too
so far we've seen that he is properly credited so we will see where this mystery contract came from

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

It certainly wouldn’t take me THIRTY YEARS to do so AFTER I begged for the better part of those years to work with the sane person again

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
And Ice Cube needs to pay Sir Jinx for his work on AMW and Death Certificate

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
It certainly wouldn’t take me THIRTY YEARS to do so AFTER I begged for the better part of those years to work with the sane person again
Not to mention that same artist took the guy on tour with him to celebrate said album& song. Something not adding up every other producer from that album good but somehow Pete isn't getting credited?:gucci::dwillhuh:

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

That's why it's suspect. If he legit had a contract where he was supposed to get a bigger cut of royalties why he wait almost 30 years to try and legally enforce it?

You notice this hit the press before the lawsuit been filed, meaning he's the source. He's trying to make noise and get a settlement.

But in general I don't think anyone disagree with your point, although this thread getting ridiculously heated for no reason. Dudes need to relax, not that serious

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
We don’t really know if he’s suing Nas alone or everyone involved. Usually they aim broadly with these lawsuits.

As for people wonder why now. Artists audit their catalogues and different auditors find different alleged irregularities

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
so far we've seen that he is properly credited so we will see where this mystery contract came from

Truth.

Pete did the same with Q-Tip and Trackmasters and mad other producers. Where he's claimed they owed him money for his ideas. Tip said Pete was accusing him of stealing the beat for "Jazz", and that Pete spent years telling a story that was all lies. Every time Pete was asked about it, he would tell some story about how Tip saw the records he used for it and "stole" the beat by making it again on his own. Tip said, he was supposed to do a joint with Pete and Large Professor, and that Pete didn't have a problem with him making his own version of the beat, until it blew up when he used it for The Low End Theory. Tip said he told Pete he had an idea for something similar and said:

"I wanna hook that beat up!’ And he was like ‘Aight fukk it’. I was like ‘I’m gonna do that shyt and then we can exchange, I’ll give you some shyt’. And he was like ‘Alright, cool’. That was the story, that’s why on it (“We Got The Jazz”) I said ‘Pete Rock for the beat ya don’t stop’."

He tried to sue Puff and Trackmasters for BIG's "Juicy" because he said they stole that from him too. But Trackmasters said Puff wanted that sample flipped and a few people to try to flip it, but he chose their version for the album, and Pete tried to sue them because his version wasn't used. He helped get the YG's signed, and they showed up to the family day picnic they used to have with all the Mt. Vernon rappers, and they walked up on Pete and stomped him out in front of everybody. After Pete got back up, he started running out the park and they chased him. These dudes would either beat-down or chase Pete every time they saw him. At weddings, industry events, etc. Because he had them sign a shady deal, and he was stealing from them. This was around '93. So as much as I love dude's music, Pete has always been known to move funny in business, and just with other artists and producers. It's clearly still a thing with him.

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
That's why it's suspect. If he legit had a contract where he was supposed to get a bigger cut of royalties why he wait almost 30 years to try and legally enforce it?

You notice this hit the press before the lawsuit been filed, meaning he's the source. He's trying to make noise and get a settlement.

There you go.

Dude was mad that Columbia brought Tip in to remix "The World is Yours" and shot a separate video for it. So he got petty, and started flipping samples that Tip used on Tribe beats for his own shyt and tracks for artists on Soul Brother Records. Pete has been wildin' forever. It's who he is.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Truth.

Pete did the same with Q-Tip and Trackmasters and mad other producers. Where he's claimed they owed him money for his ideas. Tip said Pete was accusing him of stealing the beat for "Jazz", and that Pete spent years telling a story that was all lies. Every time Pete was asked about it, he would tell some story about how Tip saw the records he used for it and "stole" the beat by making it again on his own. Tip said, he was supposed to do a joint with Pete and Large Professor, and that Pete didn't have a problem with him making his own version of the beat, until it blew up when he used it for The Low End Theory. Tip said he told Pete he had an idea for something similar and said:

"I wanna hook that beat up!’ And he was like ‘Aight fukk it’. I was like ‘I’m gonna do that shyt and then we can exchange, I’ll give you some shyt’. And he was like ‘Alright, cool’. That was the story, that’s why on it (“We Got The Jazz”) I said ‘Pete Rock for the beat ya don’t stop’."

He tried to sue Puff and Trackmasters for BIG's "Juicy" because he said they stole that from him too. But Trackmasters said Puff wanted that sample flipped and a few people try to flip it, but he chose their version for the album, and Pete tried to sue them because his version wasn't used. He helped get the YG's signed, and they showed up to the family day picnic they used to have with all the Mt. Vernon rappers, and they walked up on Pete and stomped him out in front of everybody. After Pete got back up, he started running out the park and they chased him. These dudes would either beat-down or chase Pete every time they saw him. At weddings, industry events, etc. Because he had them sign a shady deal, and he was stealing from them. This was around '93. So as much as I love dude's music, Pete has always been known to move funny in business, and just with other artists and producers. It's clearly still a thing with him.
this is what I call accounting

a record of consistent sus shyt

but if we talk about it we are stans :mjtf: