Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@FunkDoc1112 and I were in the Magic thread just talking shop re: beatmaking and we ended up giving some constructive criticism to Hit-Boy's production (which we both love; we're Hit-Boy fans) and a few people really seemed to think we were hating in there. I pointed out that Madlib and Alc are my favorite producers and I still have various opinions on their beats too. I don't know why it's not okay to have some critiques here and there for artists and producers that you are a fan of.

I peeped that, said my peace, and haven't revisited the Magic thread.

Nas album threads can get crazy if you're not in lock step with the majority.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
@FunkDoc1112 and I were in the Magic thread just talking shop re: beatmaking and we ended up giving some constructive criticism to Hit-Boy's production (which we both love; we're Hit-Boy fans) and a few people really seemed to think we were hating in there. I pointed out that Madlib and Alc are my favorite producers and I still have various opinions on their beats too. I don't know why it's not okay to have some critiques here and there for artists and producers that you are a fan of.

I guess I'm saying I know what you mean. And FWIW I posted dozens of posts praising that album in that Magic thread :whoa:
I understood those criticisms too I don’t know why people believe anyone is above reproach. U dead one of the realest nikkas on this site.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The last few pages of Nas Magic thread is disrespectful to humanity. Some of the worst shyt in the history of forums. It’s fukking pathetic. Just scroll through and tell me I wrong. Remember that’s a thread about the 3rd consecutive classic from Nas. Just for context

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pete is a bytch ass hater and has always been. Who the fukk is AMXXR? :umad::russ:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
The last few pages of Nas Magic thread is disrespectful to humanity. Some of the worst shyt in the history of forums. It’s fukking pathetic. Just scroll through and tell me I wrong. Remember that’s a thread about the 3rd consecutive classic from Nas. Just for context
How? Mind u. I haven’t posted in that thread for pages.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truth.

Pete did the same with Q-Tip and Trackmasters and mad other producers. Where he's claimed they owed him money for his ideas. Tip said Pete was accusing him of stealing the beat for "Jazz", and that Pete spent years telling a story that was all lies. Every time Pete was asked about it, he would tell some story about how Tip saw the records he used for it and "stole" the beat by making it again on his own. Tip said, he was supposed to do a joint with Pete and Large Professor, and that Pete didn't have a problem with him making his own version of the beat, until it blew up when he used it for The Low End Theory. Tip said he told Pete he had an idea for something similar and said:

"I wanna hook that beat up!’ And he was like ‘Aight fukk it’. I was like ‘I’m gonna do that shyt and then we can exchange, I’ll give you some shyt’. And he was like ‘Alright, cool’. That was the story, that’s why on it (“We Got The Jazz”) I said ‘Pete Rock for the beat ya don’t stop’."

He tried to sue Puff and Trackmasters for BIG's "Juicy" because he said they stole that from him too. But Trackmasters said Puff wanted that sample flipped and a few people to try to flip it, but he chose their version for the album, and Pete tried to sue them because his version wasn't used. He helped get the YG's signed, and they showed up to the family day picnic they used to have with all the Mt. Vernon rappers, and they walked up on Pete and stomped him out in front of everybody. After Pete got back up, he started running out the park and they chased him. These dudes would either beat-down or chase Pete every time they saw him. At weddings, industry events, etc. Because he had them sign a shady deal, and he was stealing from them. This was around '93. So as much as I love dude's music, Pete has always been known to move funny in business, and just with other artists and producers. It's clearly still a thing with him.

Pete also claimed he was the one who had the original idea for "Juicy Fruit" to be flipped for a rap song, but fukking Wrecks N Effect of all people used it in the late 80s.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Getting" out of control? LOL, breh, this shyt been full blown off the rails with no brakes for years now on The Coli.

Nas is one of my absolute favorite MCs of all time and I objectively think he's the greatest to ever do it, but it's beyond stannery with a huge portion of his fans on here.

ANYBODY. I don't give a fukk who it is, what they've achieved, or what they've contributed to hip-hop. You even appear to be slighting Nas, his moves, or his music in some fashion, and you WILL get that work from some of his zealots. NO EXCEPTIONS. :ufdup:

Posters sometimes even preemptively attack artists minding their own damn business that haven't even said anything regarding Nas if their names are brought up in a Nas discussion or album thread, simply to attempt to elevate Nas at the moment.

The only fanbase that even remotely comes close to this type of behavior online are the Pac stans. And as intolerable as they can be, at least in their slight defense, since the man is dead maybe they feel compelled to defend someone who can't speak up or explain his decisions on his behalf.
On TheColi in The Booth we have tow groups which basically run "Lyric" or "Hip-Hop" discussion straight
into the trash.

Lupe stans. Nas stans.
We literally cannot realistically discuss certain topics without the zealots coming in and engaging in the same arguments
or posting the same 10 or so songs. :pachaha:

It's_Nade

All Star
Daps
On TheColi in The Booth we have tow groups which basically run "Lyric" or "Hip-Hop" discussion straight
into the trash.

Lupe stans. Nas stans.
We literally cannot realistically discuss certain topics without the zealots coming in and engaging in the same arguments
Yeah the dikkeating here is crazy. Oldheads and young dudes

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
How? Mind u. I haven’t posted in that thread for pages.
AC435030-BF84-4-EA2-8352-94-EB5168-F19-E.png

It’s grown men asking for streaming parties of album that’s dead already

urging brehs to vote on xxl for Nas

talking people are intimidated by Nas as a black man

searching for every negative review to discuss it

Them dudes talking about every thing but the lyrics or the album

I’m in that bytch dying

I love y’all dudes. Y’all the only fanbase that care about reviews in 2022
:mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
AC435030-BF84-4-EA2-8352-94-EB5168-F19-E.png

It’s grown men asking for streaming parties of album that’s dead already

urging brehs to vote on xxl for Nas

talking people are intimidated by Nas as a black man

searching for every negative review to discuss it

Them dudes talking about every thing but the lyrics or the album

I’m in that bytch dying

I love y’all dudes. Y’all the only fanbase that care about reviews in 2022
:mjlol:
The review shyt is pointless. At this point it’s only so much nikkas can talk about a 9 track album. A million lyrics have been posted. I don’t see nothing wrong with people streaming the album or voting for him in XXL tho. Other than that yea nikkas gotta accept not everyone gonna fukk wit boy. My thing is I would rather cats say it flat out than act like it’s something he did. If u ain’t fukk wit Nas since Illmatic u ain’t a fan of the nikka and that’s fine. Lol.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
into the trash.

Lupe stans. Nas stans.
Actually. It’s really the same cats who come in the threads screaming “Nas stans” after making everything about Nas. Like I said earlier in this thread. Thin line between love and hate. nikkas is bigger fans of the nikka than his fans. I don’t really even see much people talk about Lupe at all really but u don’t fukk wit Lupe so I see how some shyt could bother u. I in particular think Lupe is nice but feel like he’s the most pretentious nikka in hip hop. Lol. To ME. I think some of the worst fans on the internet is BIGGIE fans ironically. Now nikkas talk about Pac fans because Pac has a small section of straight up fanatics that are straight up insufferable. I’m the biggest Pac fan I know and even I end up arguing with that section of his fans. But Biggie fans overall to me are some of the most disingenuous people I ever met. Like. Biggie is perfect. He never did anything wrong. Never made any mistakes. Everything was all everyone else’s fault. He wouldn’t hurt a fly. But on the flip side he’s a silent gangster that moved perfectly. Lol. Everything Pac ever said in life was a lie. Everything Pac ever did is worse than Biggie. If someone says something positive about Pac it’s a lie. And oh yea I forgot. Pac stans this and Pac stans that. Jay fans damn near the same or worse than Nas fans as well. Lived vicariously through his achievements and who he married for years and these are the most dangerous bunch because they control media and narrative.

Last edited: