Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There's a certain way that you have to transition into being an old head if you want to keep getting high level work. Madlib did it as well.

Basically, you gotta embrace the next generation. Madlib saw Gibbs, Mac Miller, Paak, Blu, MED, and Fly Anakin coming up, and embraced them and started working with them. Alchemist did the same with Schoolboy Q, Currensy, Odd Future, Boldy James, Conway, Benny, Gibbs, and Action.

If you do it correctly, it can help bridge fanbases to where old heads can appreciate some younger artists, and younger heads can get put onto older artists.

On the other hand, gatekeeping what's "real hip-hop" and what isn't is definitely not the way to go.

Hell Madlib and No I.D. has worked with Logic...I don't like that dude at all but they know that it does more good for them than bad.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He gave the New York Post a direct quote so I think this is real/his intention. Sad but you can tell the tension has boiled over.
I wonder if Pete has felt some kind of way about this for a lot of years? Because he seems to have a history of being kind of passive aggressive towards Nas going back a long time now.

:patrice:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He looking for more. He looking for what was agreed on

He acting like he isn't eating at all off the song. That's what has me confused.

I dunno about this shyt Pete. There's producers and writers out here who haven't gotten jack shyt. He obviously had his paperwork right to get his publishign checks.

This is strange looking for additional bread from the artist when you getting your money as you should contractually.

Edit:

he's looking for unpaid Illmatic "Royalties" ???

The artists doesn't cut royalty checks. That's the label and your publishing company you're with :dahell:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
You can tell hip hop heads and old heads who was of age from Stan's.

The fukkin disrespect of Pete Rock, I'll be 45 next month, I was 17 when Illmatic dropped. Do y'all know how fukkin big Pete Rock was in 94, he with Dr. Dre were the Premier Producer's in hip hop.

Pete Rock didn't need Nas, Nas and Columbia needed Pete Rock, they needed a Pete Rock beat. Pete Rock already had 2 Certified Hip Hop Classic album's, was one of the most sought after Producers In hip hop.

It was his beat that got Nas on the radio and videos the only beat that got Illmatic to even move units

Stop the fukkin dicc succin of Nas and the disrespect of The Chocolate Boy Wonder.

Pay that Man and make sure our legend's is paid for their work.

Hoe ass nikkas y'all shameful:scust:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

The fukkin disrespect of Pete Rock, I'll be 45 next month, I was 17 when Illmatic dropped. Do y'all know how fukkin big Pete Rock was in 94, he with Dr. Dre were the Premier Producer's in hip hop.

Pete Rock didn't need Nas, Nas and Columbia needed Pete Rock, they needed a Pete Rock beat. Pete Rock already had 2 Certified Hip Hop Classic album's, was one of the most sought after Producers In hip hop.

It was his beat that got Nas on the radio and videos the only beat that got Illmatic to even move units

Stop the fukkin dicc succin and disrespect of The Chocolate Boy Wonder

100% but that don't mean Pete can't be trippin. CL already outted him acting like a primadonna.

And he is eating off the song. He's with BMI and is getting checks from it. The fact he wants more money directly from Nas is weird when he gets royalty check bread clearly.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Stop the fukkin dicc succin of Nas and the disrespect of The Chocolate Boy Wonder.

Pay that Man and make sure our legend's is paid for their work.

Hoe ass nikkas y'all shameful:scust:
He’s not infallible if he’s doing fukk shyt the same way Nas ain’t.