Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
U want to know what’s more slimy wanting 100% of a new artist publishing
Ok. So who wanted that? I know u ain’t talkin bout Quan. Allegedly Nas wanted 50%. Not 100%. In which is pretty standard being that Nas was putting all of his money into an artist with 0 track record and leverage. On top of that. Look what happened. Dude went and robbed a bank while Nas was promoting him and getting him major label features and just told him to stay out of trouble. Not even close to the same thing as the situation we talkin bout. Also. That was all hearsay.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
:russ: Where do I “act like I have the facts”? All I said was Pete deserves to be paid if he hasn’t (by whatever entity) and all the rest of this bullshyt people are talking is noise. Cats in here calling Pete a hater but calling him washed up and hating him for wanting to get paid.

Only on The Coli man :gucci:

Daps
The Nas stannery on this site is getting out of control :scust:

Posters shytting on an all time legend like Pete Rock and calling him a bum :camby:

Stans form like voltron the moment any perceived slight is directed at Nas.

And maybe Nas is in the right, i don't know, and you don't know, but no excuse to disrespect a legend like Pete like this.

"Getting" out of control? LOL, breh, this shyt been full blown off the rails with no brakes for years now on The Coli.

Nas is one of my absolute favorite MCs of all time and I objectively think he's the greatest to ever do it, but it's beyond stannery with a huge portion of his fans on here.

ANYBODY. I don't give a fukk who it is, what they've achieved, or what they've contributed to hip-hop. You even appear to be slighting Nas, his moves, or his music in some fashion, and you WILL get that work from some of his zealots. NO EXCEPTIONS. :ufdup:

Posters sometimes even preemptively attack artists minding their own damn business that haven't even said anything regarding Nas if their names are brought up in a Nas discussion or album thread, simply to attempt to elevate Nas at the moment.

The only fanbase that even remotely comes close to this type of behavior online are the Pac stans. And as intolerable as they can be, at least in their slight defense, since the man is dead maybe they feel compelled to defend someone who can't speak up or explain his decisions on his behalf.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
"Getting" out of control? LOL, breh, this shyt been full blown off the rails with no brakes for years now on The Coli.

Nas is one of my absolute favorite MCs of all time and I objectively think he's the greatest to ever do it, but it's beyond stannery with a huge portion of his fans on here.

ANYBODY. I don't give a fukk who it is, what they've achieved, or what they've contributed to hip-hop. You even appear to be slighting Nas, his moves, or his music in some fashion, and you WILL get that work from some of his zealots. NO EXCEPTIONS. :ufdup:

Posters sometimes even preemptively attack artists minding their own damn business that haven't even said anything regarding Nas if their names are brought up in a Nas discussion or album thread, simply to attempt to elevate Nas at the moment.

The only fanbase that even remotely comes close to this type of behavior online are the Pac stans. And as intolerable as they can be, at least in their slight defense, since the man is dead maybe they feel compelled to defend someone who can't speak up or explain his decisions on his behalf.
Aks!
Nas is the Prophet Mohammed of this rap shyt..period!

Daps
That's prolly what it is. Pete sueing Sony/Columbia Records

But of course for clickbait value they had to throw Nas name in the shyt to gain attention to the story.

I'd bet money on this being the case.

It's from Page Six, the offspring of the infamous Page Six of The New York Post, the poster child for tabloid, headline attention grabbing gossip for decades before TMZ was ever even an idea.

It's not inconceivable at all that perhaps Pete gave a more detailed but blander comment, and the one quote they picked from it was the most salacious one which mentioned "Nas and his people".

So of course, going off of nothing but that one quote and a bunch of speculation regarding possible side contracts, past working relationships, and Nas having more recent music and financial notoriety than Pete, it becomes "old geriatric Nas hater and bum of all bums, Pete Rock, sues Nas out of jealousy nearly 30 years after the fact in last minute bid to stave off home foreclosure."

:francis:

Last edited:
Daps
Big fan of pete rock production but not a fan of him.

I don't know enough details about this latest scenario, but he's definitely had his share of giving off a holier than thou aura of arrogance over the years.

Which, given the fact that he's indisputably one of the all time greatest producers ever, where even a case can be made that he IS the all time greatest, I can somewhat understand. Doesn't make him appear any less of a d*ck though.

Don't even get me started on his smart dumb n*gga persona for the past few years on Twitter and Instagram. :scust:

Daps
"Make my beats f@ggot!"

GOAT hip-hop interview. To this day I'm not even sure if it was a real interview or not, but I never have, and never will, read a funnier example of someone simultaneously praising yet completely excoriating someone else as CL did that day. :whew:

I kept that quote in my SOHH handle for years, lol.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It's a reason Premo and ALC still getting production work with A List MCs and others getting Soundcloud rappers. Dudes are complete haters and foul
There's a certain way that you have to transition into being an old head if you want to keep getting high level work. Madlib did it as well.

Basically, you gotta embrace the next generation. Madlib saw Gibbs, Mac Miller, Paak, Blu, MED, and Fly Anakin coming up, and embraced them and started working with them. Alchemist did the same with Schoolboy Q, Currensy, Odd Future, Boldy James, Conway, Benny, Gibbs, and Action.

If you do it correctly, it can help bridge fanbases to where old heads can appreciate some younger artists, and younger heads can get put onto older artists.

On the other hand, gatekeeping what's "real hip-hop" and what isn't is definitely not the way to go.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
GOAT hip-hop interview. To this day I'm not even sure if it was a real interview or not, but I never have, and never will, read a funnier example of someone simultaneously praising yet completely excoriating someone else as CL did that day. :whew:

I kept that quote in my SOHH handle for years, lol.
i remember it sohh clearly..you did have it as your sig!!! PEACE