Pete Rock set to sue Nas over "World is Yours" royalties

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Now you’re trolling and I legit don’t understand why. I get that not everyone understands industry business but this is stupid. Pete did the beat and has a songwriting credit. Of course he has some publishing, meaning he gets a percentage of the song’s royalties split with Nas and the sample artist. In what world does the major label (Sony) artist pay out publishing royalties to his producer? It makes no sense.

It’s not about defending Nas. I’m genuinely confused by Pete’s behavior here and think we need more info, because what he’s saying will be laughed out court IF he’s suing Nas. If he’s suing Sony then sure that’s another issue.
Strike the label. Whoever owns the publishing

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Now you’re trolling and I legit don’t understand why. I get that not everyone understands industry business but this is stupid. Pete did the beat and has a songwriting credit. Of course he has some publishing, meaning he gets a percentage of the song’s royalties split with Nas and the sample artist. In what world does the major label (Sony) artist pay out publishing royalties to his producer? It makes no sense.

It’s not about defending Nas. I’m genuinely confused by Pete’s behavior here and think we need more info, because what he’s saying will be laughed out court IF he’s suing Nas. If he’s suing Sony then sure that’s another issue.
These nikkas think by saying “Nas stans” it exempts them or some shyt. It’s a thin line between love and hate. They aren’t very self aware at all. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Strike the label. Whoever owns the publishing
That’s the point everyone in this thread been making yet u been on ur “Nas Stan’s this and Nas Stan’s that” shyt. When most the nikkas in the thread shytting on Pete Rock don’t barely be in Nas threads at all. Most people saying if Pete is owed money he needs to be paid but question the validity of his claims being that he’s goin at NAS rather than the label.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
These nikkas think by saying “Nas stans” it exempts them or some shyt. It’s a thin line between love and hate. They aren’t very self aware at all. Lol

They don't recognize the irony either; it's always the same three to five people in every Nas thread who at times don't even listen to the nikka coming in to hate, almost every time. Wouldn't that mean you're a Nas hater? :jbhmm:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
LOL what? For starters, Nas hasn't called Pete Rock to do a beat in years, what bridges is he burning? And because he wants to get paid for something he's owed, that makes him miserable? I'm so confused by the hate Pete Rock is getting for wanting money for a royalties he's owed.

Right, Im not mad at him wanting his money. Im just confused on who actually owes it to him.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

I didn’t even say a name

but u assume Nas

sez more about u than me:sas2:

:comeon:

5OAmJf6.png

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
…so you agree with virtually everyone in the thread. Good to hear!

Salute to Pete Rock, I hope he gets whatever is owed to him. But somebody gotta tell him not to waste lawyer money unless he’s suing Sony/Columbia.
I’m saying Pete gets paid by the company that owns the song. But on top of that he made a deal with Nas to get a cut directly from Nas. No company or label involved in that side deal