NFL What have we learned Week 1

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
exact;y that, it's week 1 lol. A lot can change by week 7.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Ravens will never get anywhere with an inept coach and a idiot OC.

RUN THE GOD DAMN BALL

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Way better passer, intermediate, deep, velocity, touch, man, zone. Better clutch performer, better at overcoming deficits, better in the redzone. A 10 deficit with Lamar, feels like 24. Better at maximizing his supporting cast. Can carry a team without a running game. See the field better also
I don't know how someone could have anyone but Josh Allen as the #2 QB in the league.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Way better passer, intermediate, deep, velocity, touch, man, zone. Better clutch performer, better at overcoming deficits, better in the redzone. A 10 deficit with Lamar, feels like 24. Better at maximizing his supporting cast. Can carry a team without a running game. See the field better also
I give you deep other than that lol

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I'm really tired of yall sticking your fingers in your ears with Lamar

@premier58 spitting.

Is Lamar trash? No.

But he's not as amazing as you guys think. He's not the 2nd best QB in the league either. Allen and Stroud are both better.

Winning 2 MVPs in years where the mvp field was noticeably weak doesn't mean much especially when you play like ass in the playoffs

How do yall watch Lamar squander good defensive performances, be so innacruate as a passer downfield, and be slow to process, and act like he's the best behind mahomes?

Both Stroud and yes, Allen, clear him in those aspects. Allen ain't perfect but his highs and productivity clear Lamar

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't remember the exact number but I saw a stat that said passing TDs were down like 40-50% this opening week VS last year's opening week, and also down compared to the last 5-6 years. Teams were struggling to pass the ball and when that's the case you need a good run game. Detroit, Philly, Seattle, New Orleans, and a couple other teams were ramming the ball down defense's throats. San Francisco last night too.

More proof that the run game is important and having good RBs is important.
The RB is the least important part of the running game tbh. Not saying you can throw literally anybody back there, but I guarantee a team that’s dedicated to the run can find a cheap RB in any given year to perfectly fit their scheme

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

@premier58 spitting.

Is Lamar trash? No.

But he's not as amazing as you guys think. He's not the 2nd best QB in the league either. Allen and Stroud are both better.

Winning 2 MVPs in years where the mvp field was noticeably weak doesn't mean much especially when you play like ass in the playoffs

How do yall watch Lamar squander good defensive performances, be so innacruate as a passer downfield, and be slow to process, and act like he's the best behind mahomes?

Both Stroud and yes, Allen, clear him in those aspects. Allen ain't perfect but his highs and productivity clear Lamar

yall really need to stop this Josh Allen cysing. The MVP field being "weak" because Lamar won it? Cmon dog. He def has his faults, but he's carried them on offense. Josh still living off of people being sympathetic to him over the infamous 13 seconds. Hasn't done shyt since if you wanna claim Lamar hasn't either.

It's Pat then the rest. And that goes for EVERYONE.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
You didn’t watch the game you just stuck on narratives, Cincy receivers weren’t getting open at all

I know it may be tough, but you do realize that it is possible for players that went to
The early 80’s chargers did not have this defense, neither did those cowboys teams.

It’s between them and the bills and TBH I would probably take this roster overall

You can throw the early to mid 2000's Eagles teams in there as well. Four straight NFC Championship games and nothing to show for it.

premier58

All Star
Daps
First, we're not debating the benefits or capabilities of Greg Roman, he is bad at what he does, and goes far based on the ability of the QB to levitate on the field. He is bad at his job, and if think he isn't, you're wrong. Ask Buffalo Bill fans. Ask 49er fans. Ask Ravens fans. Those "accomplishments" were because Kaepernick and Lamar being otherwordly not because the offense was good. Both of them were historical levels by way of running because no one was open most of the damn time and in the 49ers case they kept drafting small one note WRs. The Harbaughs keep that man employed against ALL sense of logic and he's about to ruin Herbert too......and him being in Baltimore is precisely why none of the WRs wanted to go UNTIL this off season. Tee Higgins definitely said it loud and clear that he wanted to play specifically with Lamar and he's a Bengal so he knows up close.

Well im not gonna go back and forth about Greg Roman, but with you being a 49ers fan, I will respect your viewpoint on how he was perceived..we will see what he does with Herbert. Tee Higgins saying that, is just that. We know DHop signed with a trash Titans team. We know Hollywood got up out of there

Gabe Davis wasn't run of the mill. He was one of the best deep threats in the league. Off the top of my head he's over 17 yards per catch and I know that's close to top 3 in the league since he's been in it. That ability existed from the point he came in the league and even before the league that's what he did. He didn't unlock something new because of Josh being QB.

Before the league? College is irrelevant to the NFL. Ron Dayne was a homerun threat in college. Bowling ppl over like Jerome Bettis and pulling away in footraces like Bobby Mitchell. Reggie Bush was a hybrid of Sanders/Sayers. David Terrell was Cris Carter in college, while Charles Rogers was Randy Moss. Means little at the next level.

Anthony Lucas avgd like 24 yards a catch in the SEC for Arkansas. Was a nothing in the NFL.
Gabe Davis is a run of the mill WR and he got overrated due to one game(2021 AFC Divisional) where Allen had the game of his career. High ypc doesnt change the fact that he was and is, average. Off top, Im pretty sure Patrick Jeffers, Drew Bennett, Alvin Harper had high yards per catch averages. James Jett and Brian Finneran and Ashley Lelie, too. You dont have to be elite to do that. Now if we are talking about the Alworths, Irvins, Loftons, Warfields and Clarks, that means something.

You taking Prime McNabb (with Andy Reid and Prime TO), Prime Kelly (with several HOF level players on offense and Marchibroda as OC), Prime Ben (with Hines and Santonio and non-CTE AB and non-CTE Bell) ain't just them as you can see with the parentheses. We're not in Prime Lamar and he hasn't had any player on the level of the ones they had AND I'd still take him over them because he is more dynamic and doesn't require the support they do. That's just a difference of opinion.

Why cant Zay Flowers be a Santonio Holmes level weapon? Thats not some unattainable level for him with prodigious quarterbacking
Im taking McNabb, pre TO, 2000-2003. He only had TO for like 18 games and was already an elite player, prior. By the time Ben reached his prime, Hines was headed down. Its no coincidence Santonio peaked with Ben. He flamed out shortly thereafter. Nice shoutout to Marchibroda. Very underrated football mind. Kelly had weapons, but he maximized them, while playing in a brutal era, in a cold, windy stadium.

You saying him being top 3 or 4, that makes sense, but saying Josh Allen is miles ahead is outlandish. There's levels. Pat is on his own level by himself. The next level is Lamar and Josh. They're the only ones who can put pressure on Pat, even if their team is bullshyt, and every other QB needs everyone on their team having their best damn day including coaches for them to win. That's how I see the levels of QB in the league. For anyone reading, Stroud is in the 3rd level.
I didnt go back and read it, but when did I say Josh Allen was miles ahead of Lamar Jackson?

premier58

All Star
Daps

@premier58 spitting.

Is Lamar trash? No.

Appreciate the acknowledgement. You are spitting the gospel. I keep hearing excuses about weapons as if a QB has nothing to do with that perception. We watched Russell Wilson become an elite QB with Doug Baldwin as his No. 1 option. Who was special on the 08 Dolphins when Pennington took them to the division title and playoffs? We watched Stafford turn Kenny Golladay into a star? Lamar is in the easiest time to pass in. Cant even crack 3500 yards passing, let alone 4000. Who did Cam Newton have at wideout during his SB year?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Mahomes career completion percentage is 66% and Lamars is 64%. Yeah Lamar is just so inaccurate huh? :camby:
Breh. Not saying that he's inaccurate but look at the attempts and yards.

I could average NBA shooter #s from the 3 if I only took 1-2 shots per game, when I'm clear and have mad time to aim. Now that's a silly exaggeration but you get the point.